Juice's 3rd Annual 7 Round Dolphins Mock Draft
Well folks, here you are. Its Juice's 3rd annual 7 round mock draft. This is coming out a little later than in previous years, so here goes.
1. Clay Matthews OLB USC A high-motor who doesnt take plays off and who comes from a football family. His father, Clay, played LB at USC and was a pro-bowl LB in the NFL. His uncle Bruce is a NFL Hall of Fame OT. Matthews' stock has been rising as of late.
2A. Sean Smith CB Utah Smith is a big CB (6-4, 214). He has excellent cover skills and matches up naturally against the taller physical receivers that the Dolphins have in their division.
2B. Ron Brace DT BC Brace is a big DT who played next to top 10 pick BJ Raji. While Raji got all of the hype, Brace was just as important on the Golden Eagles defensive line. Brace is not a great pass rusher but he will be a top run stuffer in the NFL.
3. Andy Levitre OG Oregon State Levitre was a 3-year starter at both tackle positions in college. He has the upper body strength to move the pile and he is equally good at run blocking and pass blocking. Levitre could fill in at OT in a pinch, but not for an extended period of time.
4. Ramses Barden WR Cal Poly Barden is a huge target (6-6, 230) who ran well at the combine (4.5). He dominated Division I-AA scoring 36 TDs the last two years. He would be quite a project as he is far from polished but his size makes him an intriguing prospect.
5. Jarron Gilbert DE San Jose State Jarron Gilbert might be the most athletic lineman in this years draft. Go to youtube to watch him jump directly out of a swimming pool. He has the size (6-5, 288) to play 3-4 end. He added over 40 pounds in college and has room to add more weight.
6. Nick Reed ILB Oregon Reed played DL in college but doesnt have the size to play the line in the NFL. His size (6-2, 245) and speed (4.7 40) remind me of another undersized passrusher from the Pac 10, Tedi Bruschi.
7A. Andrew Gardner OT Georgia Tech Gardner is a big (6-7, 305) dependable (48 straight starts) player who should be a valuable reserve in the NFL.
7B. James Davis RB Clemson Davis had a 2nd round grade had he come out of college as a Junior last year. He had a terrible year and his stock fell tremendously. He is a downhill physical runner.
Well, there you go guys. Let me know what you think.