Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Wisdom can be hindsight...

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Wisdom can be hindsight...

But I would seriously doubt that Rick and Wanny will ever get an opportunity in the NFL to be a part of any important decision making job. If you look at the personnel decisions made by these two men you will find successes, but those are strongly tempered by the major blunders. Those blunders will impact this franchise for years to come. I have to believe Wayne has learned some strong wisdom from this experiement gone wrong. Wanny graduated to his highest point of incompetence. I have a little hope that Rick might learn from his mistakes, but I don't see that at all with Wanny, and after reading recent stories about his decision making at Pitt I see nothing new in his processing. Not a thing. He literally is making the same mistakes over and over, just on the college level now. Dave may never be more than a coordinator in reality.

Lee2000
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i would've fired Wannstedt after that beating we took up in Tennessee and Spielman would have never been associated with the Dolphins in any way shape or form.
    WAR
    The Pleasure of The Mad,
    The Final Argument
    of
    Ungrown Men.
    - Bukowski
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Land Locked Dolfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Dakota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've always thought Wanny was nothing more than a great co-ordinator. He is good when all he has to do is focus on one aspect of the game. He cannot I repeat CANNOT run the whole show. He doesn't have those abilities.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

He doesn't have those abilities on any level...

Quote Originally Posted by SoDakDolfan
    I've always thought Wanny was nothing more than a great co-ordinator. He is good when all he has to do is focus on one aspect of the game. He cannot I repeat CANNOT run the whole show. He doesn't have those abilities.
    Pitt will find out his weakness all too soon.

Lee2000
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The BX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakDolfan
    A leader is a leader. IMO you don't ever forget how to lead. So why is it always "either/or" when discussing wanny worth? How can you forget how to coach/adjust/adapt in your area of expertise(defense) once you become head coach? I don't think wanny was even a good co-ordinator at UM or DAL.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000
    They already did!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    I'm the Man in the Box

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000

Lee2000

they already did.
    Formerly HDjetta6316
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in my house
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsdahumidity
    A leader is a leader. IMO you don't ever forget how to lead. So why is it always "either/or" when discussing wanny worth? How can you forget how to coach/adjust/adapt in your area of expertise(defense) once you become head coach? I don't think wanny was even a good co-ordinator at UM or DAL.

I agree with this statement. He was placed in a position at both UM and Dallas with talent that acceeded his opponents. The Herschel Walker trade put Dallas in a situation that was unparalleled in modern NFL history. So much talent and JJ was on top of that talent in that he had just come from the college game so he could cherry pick - similar to what we Saban doing now. Travis Daniels was a steal - and Channing Crowder was great pick at the right time as well.

Wanny is so typical in the sports world - the NFL included. The guy was a debacle in Chicago - the fans HATED him. So why did Miami take him on as a head coach? The only answer I have is the good ol boy network. Throughout my life I have seen so many NFL coaches be bad in one place get fired and then be asked to go to another.

Wanny lacked/lacks creativity, insight, motivational skills, ability to utilize the talent available and adapt his system to work for him. He scarred our organization and its illustrious history. JJ dissed Shula, so when push came to shove the decision for a new direction after JJ needed to come from someone other then JJ.

We fans are truly greatful for Saban - and I believe we will be for years to come.
    Quote Quote