Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Preparing for War With Iran?

1. -1
    follow me at @moejo31

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ALABAMA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Preparing for War With Iran?

Preparing for War With Iran?
    Fairfield County Weekly, CT - 12 hours ago
    ... This includes Democrats like Hillary Rodham Clinton and Joseph Biden, who are sticking by their pro-war positions as they run for president. ...
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't agree with his speech. Pulling out of Iraq right now would be a national disaster and embarassment. We would leave the democracy we have nurtured- to be ripped apart by the insurgency. The representatives that the people of Iraq have chosen to lead them, would be executed; probably publically.

It would be a devestating loss in the greater war on terror. The terrorists would learn that we are indeed a paper tiger; not willing to see any more than a couple thousand of our men die. In doing so, we will open a pandora's box of domestic terror attacks.

I would agree that we should leave Iraq totally but only when they have their national defense ready to defend the new freedoms they've recieived. Building bases in Iraq will only promote distrust of American intentions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Interesting. Pretty bold plan. Should we dominate the middle east? OR just let the fanatical muslims have it? If it weren't for oil we wouldn't be having this debate. And it isn't oil for the big corporations and tycoons and "so called" buddies of this administration either. WE are talking about American oil dependency. Our whole economy and way of life depends on oil. Shouldn't we protect it? This plan isn't just a one or two term presidential program. This is a plan that could/should run into the next 3 decades or more. Should we pack up and go home and "hope" the arabs take good care of us? Or should be make sure that we have the necessary control of our future? Good debate huh?

It is all laid out in the Wolfowitz-Cheney gang's document "Project for a New American Century" where the neocons plan for military domination of the Middle East.

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oil is an American addiction. It would seem the Hydrogen vehicles would be the great answer- to rid us of this addiction; but hydrogen engines are expensive and ineffective. Scientist predict that this will be solved within 20 years, but that's 20 years of a steepening crisis and dependancy on oil.

A while ago, Blitz (I believe), brought up the topic of Biodiesel. To which I promptly declared that it was enery inefficient- meaning it takes more money in energy costs to create than it would actually save us in the long run.

However, perhaps there is an answer to this crisis in that same Biodiesel. But it would take American enginuity and perhaps a new addiction for the nation to overcome; nuclear energy. What I mean by that is that Nuclear Energy is probably the cheapest form of energy, and it's potency and longevity as a viable source cannot be ignored.
    Quote Quote