Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins QB of the future should be

1. -41
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just because the previous regime made the mistake of trading for the wrong backup QB does not mean trading for a backup QB from another team is not a viable option. Do not forget that the likes of Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Delhomme, Marc Bulger, Mark Brunell, and Aaron Brooks were all backups for other teams before they made a name for themselves. In fact, if this staff thinks that they indentified the right guy, I would prefer taking this route. Let another team develope the guy, than take him away when he is ready to play. Otherwise, if you take a QB early in the draft you feel obligated to play him so he can take his lumps and develope as fast as possible. If you do this, than you are in the same predicament the Bills are in. A team that is built to try and win now but a QB that needs a few years to get up to speed. On top of that, odds are 50/50 that the guy even pans out anyway. I don't mind the idea of taking a QB in the draft, but you have to do it knowing that you are going to have to wait on the guy before he is ready to play. That is why I would be in favor of taking a QB later in the draft. No big signing bonus for someone who is going to sit on the bench.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All I care about is the QB's style of play. I want a guy who plays like Peyton Manning, NOT a guy who plays like vick. NO slash guys. I want this team to have a REAL QB, not an "athlete" who can't hit the side of any barn, the right one or the wrong one, with his passes.

Rivers or Ramsey... or make someone an offer they can't refuse for Leinart.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphingator
    All I care about is the QB's style of play. I want a guy who plays like Peyton Manning, NOT a guy who plays like vick. NO slash guys. I want this team to have a REAL QB, not an "athlete" who can't hit the side of any barn, the right one or the wrong one, with his passes.

:yeahthat:

You literally took the words directly out of mouth. I COULENT agree more man, you hit that right on the spot, perfectly said.
    Paskerbrandon

La Roche Redhawks Baseball '10
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Lifetime Contract

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I may be wrong, but isn't Volek 29 instead of 28 and will be 30 april of 2006? Someone correct me if I am wrong. If that is true, that means if we got him in the offseason we would be bringing him into camp next year as a 30 year old who has never been a full time starter anywhere? Would we really want to do that?
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    R.I.P. djfresh47

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

What is wrong with Qb who has mobility? I really wonder why people don't like Mike Vick as a Qb, is it because with him the Falcons are one of the best teams in the league and without him they're awful? Donovon McNabb can run, Steve McNair won an MVP and is mobile, but those guys would not fit your criteria for a Qb? I would like a pass first/run second Qb, I think that is what McNabb and McNair are, but being able to run is not a liability it's an asset.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djfresh47
    What is wrong with Qb who has mobility? I really wonder why people don't like Mike Vick as a Qb, is it because with him the Falcons are one of the best teams in the league and without him they're awful? Donovon McNabb can run, Steve McNair won an MVP and is mobile, but those guys would not fit your criteria for a Qb? I would like a pass first/run second Qb, I think that is what McNabb and McNair are, but being able to run is not a liability it's an asset.
    mcnabb has been a lot better lately than in previous years, and he rarely runs at all now. he figured it out. i don't want a quarterback who can run better than he can pass, period. that doesn't mean i don't want a QB who can pass AS WELL as run (mcnabb, culpepper), i just don't want a QB who isn't even a QB
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

wait. so you'll take patrick ramsey but not mike vick? lol.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    man forget mike vick. until he proves hes actually a QUARTERBACK. imo hes the best throwing runningback in the league. he doesnt seem to have any leadership skills. he seems like he cant handle it if he has to make a desicion and if he does make one its run. nothing against being mobile, but i want qb who doesnt crumble if the other team does something unpredictable. i mean jeeze. look at last years nfc championship. the eagles didnt blitz. thus severly limiting his running lanes and he CRUMBLED. jmho. mcnabb on the other hand. i beleive it was 4th and 26. showing he could handle pressure. i think vick is a great athlete. but qb is more than athletic. you might just have to think. hmmmmm.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    R.I.P. djfresh47

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PLEEZHELPUSNICK
    man forget mike vick. until he proves hes actually a QUARTERBACK. imo hes the best throwing runningback in the league. he doesnt seem to have any leadership skills. he seems like he cant handle it if he has to make a desicion and if he does make one its run. nothing against being mobile, but i want qb who doesnt crumble if the other team does something unpredictable. i mean jeeze. look at last years nfc championship. the eagles didnt blitz. thus severly limiting his running lanes and he CRUMBLED. jmho. mcnabb on the other hand. i beleive it was 4th and 26. showing he could handle pressure. i think vick is a great athlete. but qb is more than athletic. you might just have to think. hmmmmm.
    Vick took his team to a national championship game, won a playoff game in his first year as a starter at Lambeau, and can't handle pressure? The criticism of Vick is ridiculous, I think he's more valuable to the Falcons than Manning is to the Colts. Look at the falcons record with him, and without him, Vick is not the greatest passer, but he is a great football player.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Da Dalphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flawda
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djfresh47
    Vick took his team to a national championship game, won a playoff game in his first year as a starter at Lambeau, and can't handle pressure? The criticism of Vick is ridiculous, I think he's more valuable to the Falcons than Manning is to the Colts. Look at the falcons record with him, and without him, Vick is not the greatest passer, but he is a great football player.

good post. i hate to even enter the Vick discussions because i get mad.....so ima leave it with that.
    Quote Quote