Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronnie's "textbook" pass-block

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ronnie's "textbook" pass-block

I didn't see a thread started anywhere about this and I mentioned it in another thread (thought it was worth it's own)....how bout Ronnie's block yesterday saving Frerotte from getting crushed in the backfield?!?!?

Not sure who broke into the backfield, but it was like 2 seconds after the snap, and Ronnie laid down a mean block. The play resulted in a huge completion down field. Like I said, if not for the block, that was definately gonna be a sack and it resulted in a big play. I don't think I've ever been so excited about a block being made. And I have to say, Ronnie looks like he's gonna be something special. I really like the way he runs, and he's tuff to bring down....bolls defenders over.

He's also an above average pass blocker and has good hands. Hopefully we'll start utilizing him more on passing downs or even some screen passes. Although the fumble was a tuff one to swallow, I'm still glad we drafted him. I think he's the real deal.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It was sweet.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    good thread, that was one of the nastiest blocks ive seen a running back put on to save a QB in a while, we were all talking about it when it happened. Its good to see a rookie laying himself out like that. We have two good blocking running backs in RB and RW.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    His "completeness" is one of the reasons he was the #2 pick.

BTW, that was a DT that he crushed on that block. His blitz pick ups won't go down in the stats column, but that block he made gave Miami the opportunity to complete a 52 yard pass. I don't know of many running backs at all who have the wherewithall to make a block like that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Anybody have any video or pics of it? All I know is that its the first time, as far as I can remember, that I have ever seen a block mentioned on Gamecenter. I wish I could afford Sunday Ticket. :cry: All they show here are cards away games and the broncos, apparently only because an ex-Sun Devil is playing for them...

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Ronnie a lot. I feel bad for him on the fumble but he was our best offensive player yesterday. He will be good for a really long time and will probably get better. I don't care what anyone says we drafted a real diamond. Am I the only one that noticed that it seems like the only way you can bring this guy down is to WRAP HIM UP and TACKLE HIM. I've seen many guys try to hit him down and he just bounces off them and they are the ones that usually go down.
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Left So Fla, never the Fins...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectFinz72
    I didn't see a thread started anywhere about this and I mentioned it in another thread (thought it was worth it's own)....how bout Ronnie's block yesterday saving Frerotte from getting crushed in the backfield?!?!?

Not sure who broke into the backfield, but it was like 2 seconds after the snap, and Ronnie laid down a mean block. The play resulted in a huge completion down field. Like I said, if not for the block, that was definately gonna be a sack and it resulted in a big play. I don't think I've ever been so excited about a block being made. And I have to say, Ronnie looks like he's gonna be something special. I really like the way he runs, and he's tuff to bring down....bolls defenders over.

He's also an above average pass blocker and has good hands. Hopefully we'll start utilizing him more on passing downs or even some screen passes. Although the fumble was a tuff one to swallow, I'm still glad we drafted him. I think he's the real deal.
    That is one of the several things that seperates RB from Caddy and Benson...that is why we drafted him instead of the others...What amazes me is that the OL run blocking was mediocre again and Brown made his own holes to get almost 100 yards...Too bad he had the fumble because it puts a negative spin on an overall good day for him...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That block was off the chain, I bet Ferotte was thinking just before the block "holy **** I am going to die. Ronnie sure as hell saved his ***.

Mod Edit: The Profanity Filter is in place for a reason. Don't try to circumvent it or you can find your self with time off. -MW
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    "The Sticker Dunk"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo
    Anybody have any video or pics of it? All I know is that its the first time, as far as I can remember, that I have ever seen a block mentioned on Gamecenter. I wish I could afford Sunday Ticket. :cry: All they show here are cards away games and the broncos, apparently only because an ex-Sun Devil is playing for them...
    http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...I81V4UI25PCKX1N

This is a highlight reel of the game. Ronnie's block is around 1 min and 15 seconds...

When Ronnie made that block, I was so excited by the block I almost didnt even see the 50 yard pass! It was a perfect block by a freakin ROOKIE... amazing... Without that block... we dont get that pass... Instead either Gus gets sacked or he throws it away. A perfect example of how Ronnie effects many different aspects of the game, not just the running game. Something Caddy and Benson could not do...

Nasty
    The Future of Miami

Where there's a will... There's a Wade...

Quote Originally Posted by Wade after Game 3
    You know what is weird? My most confident point in the game was when we were down 13 points. I said to myself 'I'm not going out like this.'

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    "The Sticker Dunk"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finmann
    That block was off the chain, I bet Ferotte was thinking just before the block "holy s#$% I am going to die. Ronnie sure as hell saved his a$$.
    :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Gus was gunna get killed! Just decapitated... Ronnie saved his life. That 52-yard bomb happend because of Ronnie...

Nasty
    Quote Quote