Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Day 2 prospect Chris Leak?

1. -11
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by byroan
    I said it before both you guys. I played against him in high school.
    ya know he wasn't the #1 QB in teh country because you guys shut him down, so i imagine you guys were humbled
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He may not even be that. He has not played well at all this year. If this continues, he may not get drafted. However, the flip side is if he all of a sudden figures things out and lights up Georgia and FSU (not likely on either account) he will be right back to a first day pick. I personally am not sold on him, but draft statuses are very flakey (is that a word?).
    Offseason again... at least this one should be exciting!
    -Oboy

Thanks to CrunchTime for the Sig banners.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oboy
    He may not even be that. He has not played well at all this year. If this continues, he may not get drafted. However, the flip side is if he all of a sudden figures things out and lights up Georgia and FSU (not likely on either account) he will be right back to a first day pick. I personally am not sold on him, but draft statuses are very flakey (is that a word?).
    Now thats just flat out ridiculous. Just because he's had a hard time picking up a gimmick offense does not make him become a undrafted QB. Natural talent does count for something you know. As for "unlikely" to light up UGA and FSU? HA! It wouldn't be the first time he did. Be realistic!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SMadison29
    Yeah right. You played against him & thought, "Man, this guy is God." :hail: It's okay to admit it.
    He was god, in high school. None of the teams here are worth anything though.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    The Jukebox Hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I met Chad Henne before a game a couple years ago against carlisle and he lit us up with 6 tds. Ended up winning like 45-28
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddwalk
    I met Chad Henne before a game a couple years ago against carlisle and he lit us up with 6 tds. Ended up winning like 45-28
    Yeah, we lost to Independence every time by at least 30 points. They're on a 80+ game winning streak. It almost came to an end 2 weeks ago but they won it on a field goal as time expired. Greatest HS game I've ever seen. They were losing 28-0 after the first qtr.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRush99
    Now thats just flat out ridiculous. Just because he's had a hard time picking up a gimmick offense does not make him become a undrafted QB. Natural talent does count for something you know. As for "unlikely" to light up UGA and FSU? HA! It wouldn't be the first time he did. Be realistic!
    I am being realistic. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean I am not being realistic. Chris Rix and Brock Berlin both had huge amounts of natural talent. BOTH went undrafted. ALOT goes into the draft. Don't get me wrong I actually like Leak, but he has not played well at all this season. And yes he did well against FSU and UGA before, but his oline was playing better in those games. I would love to see Leak come out and prove everyone wrong, but until he does...

Just because someone does not agree with you does not mean they are not realistic. At this point there is no way you can say that he will definitely light up those teams and will definitely be drafted. Not unless you have a crystal ball (in which case, what are the winning lotto numbers?). So at this point anything can happen.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oboy
    I am being realistic. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean I am not being realistic. Chris Rix and Brock Berlin both had huge amounts of natural talent. BOTH went undrafted. ALOT goes into the draft. Don't get me wrong I actually like Leak, but he has not played well at all this season. And yes he did well against FSU and UGA before, but his oline was playing better in those games. I would love to see Leak come out and prove everyone wrong, but until he does...

Just because someone does not agree with you does not mean they are not realistic. At this point there is no way you can say that he will definitely light up those teams and will definitely be drafted. Not unless you have a crystal ball (in which case, what are the winning lotto numbers?). So at this point anything can happen.
    I never said he was definitely gonna light them up, just that he has before. Everyone knows Florida has had great success against Georgia. All bias aside, Rix wasn't half the QB Leak is and there is a reason Berlin transfered to Miami, cause he wasn't gonna start over Leak at Florida, horrible comparison. I never claimed to have a crystal ball but theres no way Leak goes undrafted.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    If you aren't a gator, you're gator bait

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gator Town USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Leak won't leave college this year, no way. And the gators this year are like the dolphins. The offense is atrocious this year. The oline is blocking well, no running game, riddled with some big injuries and learning a new system. You can't credit leak soley, it is the entire Offensive side of the ball.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinSinceBirth
    Leak won't leave college this year, no way. And the gators this year are like the dolphins. The offense is atrocious this year. The oline is blocking well, no running game, riddled with some big injuries and learning a new system. You can't credit leak soley, it is the entire Offensive side of the ball.
    how are they like the dolphins again?
    Quote Quote