Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Lets not forget what happened to Rodgers

  1. -1
    Supreme Lord Emperor

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    463
    vCash:
    1228
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Lets not forget what happened to Rodgers

    Rodgers was slated to go number 1, if im remembering correctly. Way before the combine. Or at least top 5.

    And if I remember correctly, he did NOT go number 1

    So who knows ladies and gents. Leinart may not be a sure fire to go at 1.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Boomer's Avatar
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    16,581
    vCash:
    1112
    Loc:
    London
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Leinart will go 1, 2 or 3. There will be no freefall.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    LostInPatsLand's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    1,241
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by testtubetimmy
    Rodgers was slated to go number 1, if im remembering correctly. Way before the combine. Or at least top 5.

    And if I remember correctly, he did NOT go number 1

    So who knows ladies and gents. Leinart may not be a sure fire to go at 1.
    True, but there might be a real reason for his dropping, and if there is, we should think twice before pulling the trigger and drafting him.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    6,291
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Tampa FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    rodgers was the #1 overall pick till about 48 hours before draft day. all of a sudden jaws and probably sean salisbury said on NFL live that he didn't have a good arm or something, and how jason campbell is better than him (lmao), and he immediately dropped after that. i gotta question the football minds for a lot of the teams out there

    and leinart will be top 3
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Supreme Lord Emperor

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    463
    vCash:
    1228
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kastofsna120
    rodgers was the #1 overall pick till about 48 hours before draft day. all of a sudden jaws and probably sean salisbury said on NFL live that he didn't have a good arm or something, and how jason campbell is better than him (lmao), and he immediately dropped after that. i gotta question the football minds for a lot of the teams out there

    and leinart will be top 3
    See, but what happens if Jaws or Salisbury says Leinart isnt as cracked up as we all think? They say it was the players around him. He might be sick at the combine and throw horribly.

    Point is, there are a lot of outside factors that could impact where he goes. Like if the top five teams drafting already have young, developmental QB's, and decide to focus someplace else. Rodgers slipped so far because no one needed a QB that badly, and had other needs.

    You say Leinart will be top 3, but you mentioned Rodgers being number 1 till 48 hours before the draft. So up until 48 hours before this draft, can we be so sure that he'll go top three?

    Im just playing devils advocate by the way. I truly think that he goes somewhere in the top 5. I just like to hope that maybe we get him.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    6,291
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Tampa FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by testtubetimmy
    See, but what happens if Jaws or Salisbury says Leinart isnt as cracked up as we all think? They say it was the players around him. He might be sick at the combine and throw horribly.

    Point is, there are a lot of outside factors that could impact where he goes. Like if the top five teams drafting already have young, developmental QB's, and decide to focus someplace else. Rodgers slipped so far because no one needed a QB that badly, and had other needs.

    You say Leinart will be top 3, but you mentioned Rodgers being number 1 till 48 hours before the draft. So up until 48 hours before this draft, can we be so sure that he'll go top three?

    Im just playing devils advocate by the way. I truly think that he goes somewhere in the top 5. I just like to hope that maybe we get him.
    rodgers was #1 before the draft, but he wasn't a surefire #1 guy. there was always questions on him, from the tedford thing to his height to his mechanics, etc. leinart has been the consensus #1 guy for 2 years now, and he'll have to do something drastic to drop, like a horrible senior bowl or something (i doubt he'll even go to the senior bowl, so that's not a factor)

    i could see ferguson dropping though
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Boomer's Avatar
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    16,581
    vCash:
    1112
    Loc:
    London
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kastofsna120
    rodgers was the #1 overall pick till about 48 hours before draft day. all of a sudden jaws and probably sean salisbury said on NFL live that he didn't have a good arm or something, and how jason campbell is better than him (lmao), and he immediately dropped after that. i gotta question the football minds for a lot of the teams out there

    and leinart will be top 3
    Some people on here knew all along that Aaron Rodgers wasn't going to be the #1 pick.

    Some people knew all along that barring a trade, that the #1 pick was Alex Smith.

    Some people were vilified for that stance.

    Some people ate humble pie.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    6,291
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Tampa FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer
    Some people on here knew all along that Aaron Rodgers wasn't going to be the #1 pick.

    Some people knew all along that barring a trade, that the #1 pick was Alex Smith.

    Some people were vilified for that stance.

    Some people ate humble pie.
    regardless, rodgers certainly wasn't the #24 pick at any point
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Boomer's Avatar
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    16,581
    vCash:
    1112
    Loc:
    London
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some people on here said that Rodgers would indeed fall to 24.

    Some people took that stance and stuck with it.

    Some people were vilified for saying that.

    Some people at humble pie.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Supreme Lord Emperor

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    463
    vCash:
    1228
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer
    Some people on here said that Rodgers would indeed fall to 24.

    Some people took that stance and stuck with it.

    Some people were vilified for saying that.

    Some people at humble pie.
    some people can be quite annoying
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. lets not forget Mr. Dan Carpenter
    By artdnj in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 10:19 PM
  2. Lets Not Forget.........
    By bpackers13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 02:20 PM
  3. Lets not forget what happened to Rodgers
    By testtubetimmy in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 11:21 AM
  4. What happened to Rodgers?
    By msg in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 11:00 AM
  5. Lets not forget about Carey
    By MCMike81 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 10:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •