Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Please start paying attention

  1. -1
    Turnaround 06's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    103
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Please start paying attention

    Don't weigh in on the draft if you haven't seen the prospects play or pine for players who won't even be in the draft.

    Its going to be a long offseason and some of the posts in here will make it seem like a typical Sopranos hiatus. At least read up on prospects before you comment on them. Think about what this team really needs before going on and on about a first round WR or LT you know little about.

    This group is getting ridiculous. I don't know how many times I'm going to read about Brady Quinn and Vince Young. They aren't relevant. They aren't coming out. Get it through your thick skulls. You don't contribute to draft discussions by throwing in players who aren't in the draft.

    And this blind "D'Brick" worship is silly, too. He was last year's hot prospect and that doesn't mean spit this year. Anyone who throws around Walter Jones as a comp player has no credibility.

    Also, don't say we don't need Va Tech CB Jimmy Williams. What did Saban just say? He wants corners who tackle. Williams is big and physical and the "fan" who said we don't need him is an embarrassment. Think, stop reacting like teenagers who have watched two seasons of football.

    I don' t mean to lecture but I'm sick of reading the same lazy, ill-informed threads day after day in here. Please raise the level or don't post.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    nando03's Avatar
    Fin Fan from MD

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    1,345
    vCash:
    1408
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnaround 06
    Don't weigh in on the draft if you haven't seen the prospects play or pine for players who won't even be in the draft.

    Its going to be a long offseason and some of the posts in here will make it seem like a typical Sopranos hiatus. At least read up on prospects before you comment on them. Think about what this team really needs before going on and on about a first round WR or LT you know little about.

    This group is getting ridiculous. I don't know how many times I'm going to read about Brady Quinn and Vince Young. They aren't relevant. They aren't coming out. Get it through your thick skulls. You don't contribute to draft discussions by throwing in players who aren't in the draft.

    And this blind "D'Brick" worship is silly, too. He was last year's hot prospect and that doesn't mean spit this year. Anyone who throws around Walter Jones as a comp player has no credibility.

    Also, don't say we don't need Va Tech CB Jimmy Williams. What did Saban just say? He wants corners who tackle. Williams is big and physical and the "fan" who said we don't need him is an embarrassment. Think, stop reacting like teenagers who have watched two seasons of football.

    I don' t mean to lecture but I'm sick of reading the same lazy, ill-informed threads day after day in here. Please raise the level or don't post.
    I agree with some of the things you say. However don't you think people are entitled to have their own opinions whether informed or not? I personally think we should take Jimmy Williams in the 1st round myself. But that doesn't mean that someone else might not want to take D'Brick.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    nando03's Avatar
    Fin Fan from MD

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    1,345
    vCash:
    1408
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Check this out and tell me what you think. This is my opinion.

    Notable FA Signings:
    WR Reggie Wayne- Although not suitable to be a #1 receiver he would make a pretty good tandem with CC.

    C LeCharles Bentley- He has been consistent for years and he is huge upgrade from McKinney.

    OLB Julian Peterson- We have the money and with him Zach and Channing we would have a great core of LB's.

    QB David Carr- I think Houston is going to draft Leinart and not give Carr the $. Carr has a great arm. Good mobility and with an HH O-line/R & R/good WR's. He could Flourish in our offense.

    Trades:
    WR Marty Booker- I like Marty, he's been pretty consistent however I think Saban is going to trade him for a 3rd round pick maybe a 4th. To who you ask? Well teams like: Houston, Philly, Titans, B-more, Carolina, San D, G-Bay, or Minny.

    Draft:
    1st round: CB Jimmy Williams (Miami)- Best CB in draft. Saban likes bigger CB's. He's 6' 3". He's fast, leads all CB's in tackles for losses. He is as good a corner as you can get in the draft.

    2nd round: LT Marcus McNeil (Auburn)- Reunited with his buddy Ronnie Brown. He played extremely well at Auburn and could have gone in the 1st round last year had he declared. Well Tackles like Winston/Ferguson/etc have made him an early 2nd round choice for 1st round talent.

    3rd round (1): QB- I would love Jay Cutler to be available here, however I don't think he will be. Therefore I would go with someone like Paul Pinnegar/Brodie Croyle/or Omar Jacobs(if he falls this far). Depending on who declares I'm sure one of these will be available here and would be a good back-up for Carr and gives us time to develop him.

    3rd round (2): WR Maurice Stovall (Notre Dame)- 6'5" 220 WR who has good hands, great leaping ability and would look great on the field with CC/Wayne/Stovall in the slot with Welker in the slot as well. Has good speed and runs his routs well. I'd love to have Brady Quinn available to us to throw to him but Quinn will probably stay in school a la Leinart.

    4th round: OLB- Gerris Wilkerson would be nice here. He is a big OLB like Saban likes with good speed and vision. He has played DE in college and MLB. However he won't fall that far probably so therefore we look at guys like Pierre Woods from Michigan who has also played both DE and OLB or William Kershaw from Maryland who runs a 4.55 and is 6'3" 232lbs and plays OLB. This is a project for his 2nd season in the NFL when Channing moves to MLB and Zach has most likely retired. He would be playing OLB with Peterson a great OLB for him to learn from.

    Other notes:
    Travis Daniels- Moves to his natural position of FS. This is where Saban is going to play Travis and he is well suited to play FS for the fins. Spliting time with Yeremiah Bell who has come on as of late.

    Lance Schulters- Moves to SS and has another solid year for us also splitting time with Travares Tillman who has been doing well lately as well.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Mcganiel's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2005
    Posts:
    2,333
    vCash:
    2030
    Loc:
    Belair
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did yo see Omar Jacobs play last night. He's got good numbers but he just doesn't look comfortable in the pocket. Nice numbers, check it out http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=134244
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    nando03's Avatar
    Fin Fan from MD

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    1,345
    vCash:
    1408
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcganiel
    Did yo see Omar Jacobs play last night. He's got good numbers but he just doesn't look comfortable in the pocket. Nice numbers, check it out http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=134244
    I understand that, but I figure Omar Jacobs would be a solid back up and can eventually be groomed to start. Should we pick up David Carr as a FA we wouldn't need him to start right away and Jacobs can be groomed for a few years.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Turnaround 06's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    103
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nando03
    I agree with some of the things you say. However don't you think people are entitled to have their own opinions whether informed or not? I personally think we should take Jimmy Williams in the 1st round myself. But that doesn't mean that someone else might not want to take D'Brick.
    Sorry, its just hard to respect and pay attention to people who obvioulsy don't watch college football but who tell you in the strongest terms possible "that we have to take D Brick, he's a franchise LT" or "Vince Young will solve all our QB problems this year"

    Why do people who obsess about the Dolphins not take the time to learn and understand what they are talking about? Put down the bongs and the Game Boys and do some research. It isn't that hard to do.

    The quality of this forum suffers big time when these draft experts weigh in on every discussion with no knowledge base.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    nando03's Avatar
    Fin Fan from MD

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    1,345
    vCash:
    1408
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnaround 06
    Sorry, its just hard to respect and pay attention to people who obvioulsy don't watch college football but who tell you in the strongest terms possible "that we have to take D Brick, he's a franchise LT" or "Vince Young will solve all our QB problems this year"

    Why do people who obsess about the Dolphins not take the time to learn and understand what they are talking about? Put down the bongs and the Game Boys and do some research. It isn't that hard to do.

    The quality of this forum suffers big time when these draft experts weigh in on every discussion with no knowledge base.
    I understand where you are coming from completely, but sometimes you just have to read and not really take it to heart. I love the dolphins and I do my research and I watch college football and I watch pro football. I watch players and when I find out whether or not they might be available I watch them closer. But does that mean everyone else has that kind of time? No. So I read but when I see things I don't think are realistic or someone has played too much madden I just put it behind me. Move on to the next post with some value in it.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    dominizzo's Avatar
    Ronnie23Brown

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    16,901
    vCash:
    1111
    Loc:
    Dolphins Stadium/Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder what round Omar would go

    sig by In_Flames
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Don't believe everything you think.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2001
    Posts:
    25,552
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnaround 06
    Don't weigh in on the draft if you haven't seen the prospects play or pine for players who won't even be in the draft.

    Its going to be a long offseason and some of the posts in here will make it seem like a typical Sopranos hiatus. At least read up on prospects before you comment on them. Think about what this team really needs before going on and on about a first round WR or LT you know little about.

    This group is getting ridiculous. I don't know how many times I'm going to read about Brady Quinn and Vince Young. They aren't relevant. They aren't coming out. Get it through your thick skulls. You don't contribute to draft discussions by throwing in players who aren't in the draft.

    And this blind "D'Brick" worship is silly, too. He was last year's hot prospect and that doesn't mean spit this year. Anyone who throws around Walter Jones as a comp player has no credibility.

    Also, don't say we don't need Va Tech CB Jimmy Williams. What did Saban just say? He wants corners who tackle. Williams is big and physical and the "fan" who said we don't need him is an embarrassment. Think, stop reacting like teenagers who have watched two seasons of football.

    I don' t mean to lecture but I'm sick of reading the same lazy, ill-informed threads day after day in here. Please raise the level or don't post.
    I don't know you and I don't mean to offend you but, this sounds like you're just trying to weed out those who don't agree with you.

    If not....
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you think somebody's opinion doesn't count in your world, then don't read them and don't reply to them. You won't change anyone else so, the best thing to do is change yourself.
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.


    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    The_Dark_Knight's Avatar
    Defender of the Truth

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2005
    Posts:
    7,157
    vCash:
    2059
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnaround 06
    Sorry, its just hard to respect and pay attention to people who obvioulsy don't watch college football but who tell you in the strongest terms possible "that we have to take D Brick, he's a franchise LT" or "Vince Young will solve all our QB problems this year"

    Why do people who obsess about the Dolphins not take the time to learn and understand what they are talking about? Put down the bongs and the Game Boys and do some research. It isn't that hard to do.

    The quality of this forum suffers big time when these draft experts weigh in on every discussion with no knowledge base.
    Well, you said there yourself. These are people to "obsess" and not understand football, coaching or rebuilding a team. Personally, would I think Brady Quinn would be a great addition to our team? Yes, but is that going to happen? More than likely not...for two reasons. One, he's only a Junior and will probably return for his Senior year or if he does declare, he'll go to another team and two, I think Saban realizes that the offensive line is top priority for next year. Ricky and Ronnie aren't getting the holes they need nor has Frerrotte gotten the protection he needs to make effective passes.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Hey Dolphins, are you paying attention??!!
    By DefensiveEnd76 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 10:41 PM
  2. Jeff Fisher “paying close attention” to NFL this year
    By sinPHIN in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 10:19 AM
  3. Dolphins not paying great attention to Jake Long
    By Marino420TD in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 12:06 PM
  4. The Saban Plan: for those not paying attention
    By FinHopeful in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 03:45 PM
  5. Com'on guys stop paying attention to ESPN already!
    By SanDiegoDolphan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 01:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •