Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Longhorn playing for the Dolphins next year (And It's Not Vince Young!!!)

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks / No Thanks

Texas Longhorn playing for the Dolphins next year (And It's Not Vince Young!!!)

I think that one of the Texas Longhorns safeties will be wearing a Dolphin uniform next year. Griffin and Huff can play both safety and cornerback...something that Saban likes. He likes players that can play more that one position. We can use either one of these guys in our secondary. They can play both positions and that will help with the tricky schemes Saban is going to play next year since he knows what he has and what he needs. I not sure in which round we can get them but they would be a nice fit. This comes from an Oklahoma Sooner fan praising a longhorn... I need a drink!!!!:goof:
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    You sit on a throne of lies!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not familiar with either of them. Where do you think they're likely to go in the draft? When you say they can play both positions, do you believe they can play both of them well as a pro, or do you mean that they do well enough to get by in college?

In short, you have my interest. Tell me more.

I've got so many lawyers lined up to see me, you'd think I had tobacco leaking out of my breast implants.
    - Jimmy James
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NFL Draft Countdown website has Huff rated the second best corner and going to New England at #18. There are several secondary guys with late first round grades. Griffin will probably go early on the second day. Both are solid players.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDaveInATX
    NFL Draft Countdown website has Huff going to New England at #18. There are several secondary guys with late first round grades.
    Remember who Belichick is used to asking advise from about college players. I think for the next couple of years we'll have the inside track on a lot of players!!! Finally the team that plays where everybody wants to be has a coach that a lot people respect and fear. It's not a coincidence that every free agent now of days mentions Miami as a place where they would like to play. I for one believe in the Saban process and when he gets the type of players that can play his system....It's on baby!!!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    wiley veteran bad spelur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nighttrain76
    Remember who Belichick is used to asking advise from about college players. I think for the next couple of years we'll have the inside track on a lot of players!!! Finally the team that plays where everybody wants to be has a coach that a lot people respect and fear. It's not a coincidence that every free agent now of days mentions Miami as a place where they would like to play. I for one believe in the Saban process and when he gets the type of players that can play his system....It's on baby!!!!
    Charlie will be feeding him now.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Go Giants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James
    I'm not familiar with either of them. Where do you think they're likely to go in the draft? When you say they can play both positions, do you believe they can play both of them well as a pro, or do you mean that they do well enough to get by in college?

Michael Huff is one of the Best if not the Best Free safety in college footbal. He will be gone in the 1st round. Cedric I believe is improving his stock. He will most likely be a late first early second round pick.

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showpr...Michael%20Huff

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showpr...dric%20Griffin
    2009 Draft wish list:
    Hakeem Nicks, WR UNC
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ronnie23Brown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dolphins Stadium/Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Huff is a stud

sig by In_Flames
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    "The Sticker Dunk"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Huff will definatly go in the 1st round... the kid is a playmaker.

Griffen will prob end up in Rd. 2 when all is said and done.

Both are great...
    The Future of Miami

Where there's a will... There's a Wade...

Quote Originally Posted by Wade after Game 3
    You know what is weird? My most confident point in the game was when we were down 13 points. I said to myself 'I'm not going out like this.'

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can anyone coment on how inportant the safty position is to our D? I kinda get the feeling that the corner position maby isnt quite as pivital as it used to be and the safty's might be a little more important. Yes, no?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As Dolphin Fans, we were spoiled for a while and now we realize the importance of athletic, physical corners. Man, never thought Id see the day when I wanted our #1 pick to be a DB....

HUff has very good speed, Griffin has average speed. Huff has solid coverage skills, and great size. Solid. Size is why the "experts" think safety, IMHO.

Draft the best Qb available, even if its Bartholamew Humperdink from Southwest Northeastern Cal Poly Tech A&M Tech Jr College. He would be better than Gus, Aj, Jay, and especially JP. (Take that sorry *ss Bill Fans)

-GirthVader
    Quote Quote