Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Our Offensive Line was just atrocious today!

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Our Offensive Line was just atrocious today!

I have been so happy with the play of the offensive line this year...I even stated before todays game to my brother that we have not seen all those massive breakdowns like last year with guys totally going unblocked and getting people killed. Well..today was just atrocious. McIntosh whiffed on several blocks and was relaced by McDougle who looked totally lost out there. I don't know if the Bills ran stuff we never saw before but it got to the point players were getting hurt becuase of the breakdowns.
    If anyone TiVoed the game or taped it...look at the safety the Bills got against us. The ball was snapped and 3 of our off lineman NEVER moved...I thought I was going crazy when I saw it. Had to replay it a dozen times...did they blow the snap count...but 3 o them?...It was a great comeback..but like I said...coming into this game...I thought this area was the most improved on the whole team...today...I don't know what happened?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree, but it wasnt that bad when Sage was there. It seems like the Buffalo D-Line got tired as the game went on.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They were a different line in the 4th quarter. Extremely too many penalties once again.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPhinFan
    I have been so happy with the play of the offensive line this year...I even stated before todays game to my brother that we have not seen all those massive breakdowns like last year with guys totally going unblocked and getting people killed. Well..today was just atrocious. McIntosh whiffed on several blocks and was relaced by McDougle who looked totally lost out there. I don't know if the Bills ran stuff we never saw before but it got to the point players were getting hurt becuase of the breakdowns.
    If anyone TiVoed the game or taped it...look at the safety the Bills got against us. The ball was snapped and 3 of our off lineman NEVER moved...I thought I was going crazy when I saw it. Had to replay it a dozen times...did they blow the snap count...but 3 o them?...It was a great comeback..but like I said...coming into this game...I thought this area was the most improved on the whole team...today...I don't know what happened?
    So they had an off 3 quarters of a game...

They still got back, behind by 21, to win the game...
    Nardo

PERFECTVILLE
    Population- 1

The 2009 Miami Dolphins-"Fasten Your Seatbelt and Enjoy the Ride!"

...Thanks to Crunch Time for the Awsome Banner...

------------
    "[N]o arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."

Ronald Reagan-January 20, 1981 (from his first inaugural address)
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am very happy with the win..was just making a point..Did anyone else see the line on the safety?....Am I going crazy?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Thank you #54...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Burnaby, B.C., Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPhinFan
    I am very happy with the win..was just making a point..Did anyone else see the line on the safety?....Am I going crazy?
    To me it looked like McKinney snapped the ball early...no one moved until the ball was already gone.

I thought that was a stupid playcall at that time. They were in the shadow of their goalposts, the line was getting killed and it was 3rd and a mile. I would have run it and punted.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But yet, we shouldn't take a OL in the first round becuase the line is playing good.

I'm not saying that's the position I want us to draft, but we could end up drafting an OL depending on where we're at.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by unifiedtheory
    To me it looked like McKinney snapped the ball early...no one moved until the ball was already gone.

I thought that was a stupid playcall at that time. They were in the shadow of their goalposts, the line was getting killed and it was 3rd and a mile. I would have run it and punted.
    Thanks man...I thought I was going crazy when i saw that!
    Quote Quote