Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Campinship Game

1. -1
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canton Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks

Greatest Campinship Game

That had to be the best bowl champinship game I've ever seen, I know it was a tuff loss for you Miami fans but you have to admit Ohio State wasn't as big a cupcake as you guys thought. My only wish for that game was the officating of the game was better they miss some calls going both ways
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WTG Buckeyes!!!!

Columbus must be in pandamonium right now!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Way to go refs!

Thanks for screwing Miami out of a National Championship.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But the Buckeyes did play a very good game I must agree, I thought it would be a blowout.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kudos to OSU... but you might want to put a little asterisk next to that BCS title. While the phantom pass interefernce call wasn't the only reason UM lost (ie: couldn't stop a 4 and 14?!?!?) it was the game clincher. Anyone that says that there isn't an anti-UM bias out there, this is a perfect example of one. How the hell can the ref that is right on top of the play call it a clean play and some nuggett that's far away come and make the call?

Oh well, for the Canes, time to reload and get ready for New Orleans Jan 2004.
    "Watching Dan Marino throw the football is like watching Michaelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel... You talk about championship courage, you talk about a will to win... a flame burns within that man Dan Marino."

- Mad Dog (Jim Mandich)

http://www.deltastar.net/dolphins/danshula.jpg
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canton Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought that there was contact but if any thing I thought it should of been defensive holding, but that play shouldn't of even happen if the refs call def holding on the 3rd down before OSU had to punt where MIami got the big return. Not once but twice the miami player grab Gamble as he went for the ball but they didn't throw the flag. That why in my post I said I wished the refs had been better. You hate to see a game decided by the refs. As a side note I thought all the Miami player handle themselves pretty well in the news conferences except Winslow, you think that his father would of shown him how to answer questions better than he did poor sportsmanship on his part.
    What You Lack In Talent Makeup For It With Effort !!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On the replay it showed the official make the signal for defensive holding. Dan Fouts talked about it.

Anyway, Nothing was stolen,

My hat's off to both teams that was the best game I have ever seen.
    "On the run from Johnny Law, ain't no trip to Cleveland."
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Angneli
    On the replay it showed the official make the signal for defensive holding. Dan Fouts talked about it.

Anyway, Nothing was stolen,

My hat's off to both teams that was the best game I have ever seen.
    Ohio State played a great game but to say the ref should'nt have had the MVP of the game award for Ohio State's win is flat out wrong. The play was an obvious no call and the ref didn't even throw the flag till a full 5 seconds after it happened. The same ref has had to send 3 letters of apology letters to universities for major calls he has blown this year and somehow this idiot gets to ref the Natl. championship game?????

It's a shame it had to end that way, but no matter how many people all over the country (except in Ohio of course) point out that call as a major injustice it will never be able to be changed!

So Ohio State congrats and to UM...... please they'll probably be back next year to avenge the loss.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OSU is the college version of last year's NE PATS: charmed. But you know what, it's been about 30 so years since thier last title and it'll probably be a while until the next one while the Canes will be in contention again and again and again.

I have heard that the Will Allen, the guy that had the hit on Willis McGahee, was quoted as saying something to the effect of : "we needed to take him out... we needed to eliminate that part of thier attack... when i saw him hurt, i was jacked..."

Really?

It is supposed to be on MSN but i haven't found it yet.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canton Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Up here in Buckeye country I've not heared anything to that effect, Tressel believes in clean hard hitting football, he wouldn't have a player purposely injury another player, and if he found out that was what they were tring to do that player would be on his team very long. If you could find the link please post it, cause there been nothing up here about it.
    Quote Quote