Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Welcome to Iraq: Cops Dress Like Insurgents And the Insurgents Dress Like Cops

1. -1
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Welcome to Iraq: Cops Dress Like Insurgents And the Insurgents Dress Like Cops

I went over to Yarmouk Hospital, a place I've visited every time I've come to Baghdad. The place was crawling with Iraqi security forces. There had been an attack earlier, and a half dozen or so Iraqi troops were injured.

They took over the emergency room, made sure the doctors gave them their undivided attention. We weren't there to videotape them, but they freaked when they saw the camera. After about 10 minutes of shouting, we were all great friends.

We interviewed a young doctor about what has and hasn't changed. It was interesting. He asked my producer, who speaks Arabic, to only speak to him in English. Turns out he didn't want the Iraqi police stationed at the hospital to hear what he had to say.

He doesn't trust the cops who are there to protect him. He worries some of them are connected to the insurgents, and he's afraid they might rat him out.

Welcome to Iraq. The cops dress like insurgents, and the insurgents dress like cops. Nothing is easy. Nothing is what it seems.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/...per/index.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not surprised that this could be happening. This is Iraq, an arab country. Honesty, entegrity and loyalty don't come to mind when I think of these places. Makes our job over there that much harder.

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7
    Not surprised that this could be happening. This is Iraq, an arab country. Honesty, entegrity and loyalty don't come to mind when I think of these places. Makes our job over there that much harder.
    Same thing comes to mind when Saddam is first our friend, then not our friend, when we help Bin Laden, then not help Bin Laden, we set ourselves up too much with these ppl. Then we ask why, when they strike out at us..We need to be consistent in our policies over there, that would help get some respect and stability in the area.. We need to be consistent and help bridge the peace between Isreal and he neighbors, but if we keep changing positions and sides, then we can't help no one.
    Quote Quote