Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pitt's best player, Junior WR Greg Lee, enters NFL Draft due to Wanny's ineptitude

1. -1
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Pitt's best player, Junior WR Greg Lee, enters NFL Draft due to Wanny's ineptitude

University of Pittsburgh junior wide receiver Greg Lee, arguably Dave Wannstedt's best player on offense, will bypass his remaining eligibility and enter the 2005 draft, even though most NFL scouts feel he is only a middle-round prospect. Some school officials are not happy with what they feel is outside influence on Lee and will begin looking into the role an out-of-state agent might have had on his decision.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...page=morning15

Outside influences? bahah.. Its the influence of playing for a miserable coach and an offensive player's worst nightmare.

Wanny's influence must have cost us a bunch of good FA.. John Tait anyone?
    Saban's influence will bring in ALOT more good FAs.
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin
    University of Pittsburgh junior wide receiver Greg Lee, arguably Dave Wannstedt's best player on offense, will bypass his remaining eligibility and enter the 2005 draft, even though most NFL scouts feel he is only a middle-round prospect. Some school officials are not happy with what they feel is outside influence on Lee and will begin looking into the role an out-of-state agent might have had on his decision.

Outside influences? bahah.. Its the influence of playing for a miserable coach and an offensive player's worst nightmare.

Even though WVU totally spanked Pitt, Greg Lee had an outstanding game against us. I would not mind if we drafted that kid in the later rounds.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow. Poor Wannstedt. What he needs to do is take a few years off from coaching, THEN go coach some college team.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Greg Lee, good player. Maybe a smart decision? This years draft is remarkably thin at WR. He could shoot up the draft boards and make some extra $$$.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wanny for all his faults, had one hell of a recruiting class this year.
    Time To Ski

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Somerset, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know if Wanny being his coach, affected his decision to leave Pitt, but I do know that he would have better stats and they would have won more games.

That is why I keep saying we need to get Tyler Palko. He didn't have the stats he did last season but he was hurt tremendously by the system he is in.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamale
    I don't know if Wanny being his coach, affected his decision to leave Pitt, but I do know that he would have better stats and they would have won more games.

That is why I keep saying we need to get Tyler Palko. He didn't have the stats he did last season but he was hurt tremendously by the system he is in.
    Palko is one tough S.O.B. I would be OK with us drafting him in the later rounds too.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Mad and Surt...Legendary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NJFINSFAN1
    Wanny for all his faults, had one hell of a recruiting class this year.
    ...and now after seeing him destroy a third team...let alone a college one...they'll all transfer LOL

Lee is making a smart decision IMO. Honestly, is there any evidence to show that Wanny would help his stock if he stayed his final year? I think if Lee has great workouts he'll fire up the draft board due to lack of WRs. However, it's a double-edged sword, if he doesn't he'll plummet like Tony Mandarich at a steroid convention.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am a Pitt student and believe me I do not want Tyler on this team. Yes, he says all the right things. I have talked with Tyler numerous times. But he doesnt have the presence in the pocket. He got scared this year, and at the slightest sight of pressure he takes off and never gives his recievers a chance!
    As for the Wanny thing, Dave is doing a great job with us! He came in and instilled a system that we didn't have the players for yet... dumb? NO!! What's he gonna do, recruit players for a system he doesn't use and then have them learn the new one!?! Let me tell you why Dave is gonna be successful:
    HE BELIEVES IN WHAT HE IS SELLING!
    College is all about recruiting, and if the coach doesn't really believe in his product the kids know. Dave does, he's a Pitt guy living his dream and the kids can tell. Our recruiting class is ranked #7 in the country next year which is ridiculous for Pitt! Dave is the right guy for THIS job.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin

Still not over the Wanny thing I see.......... I guess some people just never let go.........always lookin' in the rear view mirror........
    Quote Quote