Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: ***All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!***

1. -61
    From the land of legends

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Somerset, England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inFINSible
    Are you serious?
    No --you didn't think i was did you
    Dolphins Til I Die

2. -62
    I'm on my comma

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedolphin54
    Dude that was pretty good.

3. -63
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Grand Cayman and Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphan117
    I suspect part of the reason is to get people to use other parts of the site. I think its a good idea.
    I have hardly time to go the main forum let alone use other parts of the site.
    Yeah, I'd swear some people have the main forum bookmarked.
    Actually I do.
    It's kinda nice that we could find anything relevant to our off season (possible FA's, draft prospects) in the main Dolphins forum without having to hunt. It was also nice to have everyone's input, not just the one's looking specifically for that stuff.
    Exactly, it is a lot easier for me to have it all in one place and just browse, but nabo cane explained a bit more to me and I understand it but for my personal viewing pleasure it is a pain in the arse.
    Support my Cause, 'Sleeping out to help Homeless Youth' by visiting www.firstgiving.com/paultyler and donating anything you can. I finished my three nights out in the snow! A couple pics, crappy blog and videos are on caymangolfer.spaces.live.com, check them out. It was a blast and makes me thankful I have a warm bed to live in everynight.

4. -64
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When does the Ronnie vs Caddy debate get it's own room?
    We're #14!!!!

BUCS IN '09??

5. -65
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NawlinsBucFan
    When does the Ronnie vs Caddy debate get it's own room?
    HA HA, it needs its own website. Like a broken record that argument is to me. They are both damn good and hopefully both will be studs for many years.

6. -66
    IRA 003/IRE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Okee-doh-kee bro.

7. -67
    Who's your daddy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Not to offend anybody

But I think this change is ridiculous. Especially at this time of year. The offseason is inclusive of draft talk and potential free agents that can affect the "Miami Dolphins".

I could see making a forum for Mock drafts, however making a forum for draftees and free agents is a little extreme. All of the coherent posts that I read around this time cover a wide range of these topics from scouting players to filling out the roster with FA. Though most of them are way off, IMO, some of them make for good reading. Now, we have to compartmentalize our posts to the aformentioned concepts, when in fact they are all relative to building a better Miami Dolphins team. It just seems a little nuerotic

It may be a little more work for the mods, but why cant the threads be more scuritnized to see if a thread contains info on a draftee and or FA. If it does and it's related to the dolphins then it remains in the main forum otherwise it's moved to a more specialized forum.

regards
    visit http://www.urban-graphics.com for all of your web design and graphic design needs

8. -68
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhadaddy
    But I think this change is ridiculous. Especially at this time of year. The offseason is inclusive of draft talk and potential free agents that can affect the "Miami Dolphins".

I could see making a forum for Mock drafts, however making a forum for draftees and free agents is a little extreme. All of the coherent posts that I read around this time cover a wide range of these topics from scouting players to filling out the roster with FA. Though most of them are way off, IMO, some of them make for good reading. Now, we have to compartmentalize our posts to the aformentioned concepts, when in fact they are all relative to building a better Miami Dolphins team. It just seems a little nuerotic
    My sentiments exactly.

9. -69
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedolphin54
    yes..:o...but I hoped I was wrong.
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

10. -70
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What is the big problem with using the other forums?

It's pretty simple, you want info on Free Agents, go to the Free Agent forum. If Miami targets a specific FA, talk about it in the Dolphins forum.

Why should we have to trip over 50 threads on free agents who will never be part of the Miami Dolphins in the Dolphins forum?

Same with draftees, there are literally hundreds of players, and 95% of them will never wear a Dolphins uniform, so why do I need to have a thread about Joe Blow from Alcorn St. crowding the Dolphins forum?

It's as simple as bookmarking the forums index page instead of the Dolphins forum. You want Free agents go there, you want draft eligibles, go there, you want to talk about your college team, go there.

For the attention whores who just want the most people to see their posts, use the other forums, and they will come.