Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Perfect Position to trade down and get a 1st in 2007

  1. -1
    tastes like chi's Avatar
    cken

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2004
    Posts:
    130
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Perfect Position to trade down and get a 1st in 2007

    I think we are in perfect position to trade our 1st for somebody's 2nd and a 1st(2007)

    Also I believe that we can trade Ricky for a conditonal 2007 pick(like a 3rd that can become a 2nd{or 1st}with preformance factors)-like our original ricky deal-

    so in '06 we have 2,2,3,4,7,7,7
    and '07 we have 1,1,2,2,3,4,5,6,7(maybe enough ammo for Quinn without wrecking our draft)
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Caps's Avatar
    At the End of the Day

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    3,210
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    305
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tastes like chi
    I think we are in perfect position to trade our 1st for somebody's 2nd and a 1st(2007)

    Also I believe that we can trade Ricky for a conditonal 2007 pick(like a 3rd that can become a 2nd{or 1st}with preformance factors)-like our original ricky deal-

    so in '06 we have 2,2,3,4,7,7,7
    and '07 we have 1,1,2,2,3,4,5,6,7(maybe enough ammo for Quinn without wrecking our draft)
    Who do you think would want to make that deal with us?


    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Dolfansal's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    268
    vCash:
    1070
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would love to make this deal with anyone picking in 2nd round (lower half). We could still get a great player. Imagine making this trade and that team tanking next year. We could have a top 5 pick plus our #32(SB Champion).
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    tastes like chi's Avatar
    cken

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2004
    Posts:
    130
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caps
    Who do you think would want to make that deal with us?
    If somebody falls in the draft and a team wants them then they will trade up.
    Washington last year, Baltimore(Boller), Buffalo(loseman) all traded future 1sts to move up into the 15-25 range. I don't know who would want to trade up right now, but somebody will on draft day. The question is will they pay the picks
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    tastes like chi's Avatar
    cken

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2004
    Posts:
    130
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here is the draft value chart(everybody will be talking about it until draft day so keep it handy)
    http://www.thehuddlereport.com/free/tradevaluechart.htm

    I believe that a 1st round pick in a future draft is worth a 2nd in the current year.( I couldn't comfirm any where)
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,162
    vCash:
    2953
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by tastes like chi
    Here is the draft value chart(everybody will be talking about it until draft day so keep it handy)
    http://www.thehuddlereport.com/free/tradevaluechart.htm

    I believe that a 1st round pick in a future draft is worth a 2nd in the current year.( I couldn't comfirm any where)
    If some bonehead GM is still convinced that a 2nd this year is worth a 1st next year I'm all for giving up our 2nd this year for their first next year. Heck and if he thinks our 3rd this year is worth their 2nd next year, I'd do that too.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Jaj's Avatar
    What you say?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2003
    Posts:
    13,149
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see the sweep spot being somewhere around the 27-29 pick. Around there I can see Bing, Landry, and maybe one of the LBs slipping. In the 2nd I'd like Whitworth possibly to play RT for us and switch Carey to LT. We'd probably get a late 2nd round pick to trade down from there maybe from the Donkeys. With that pick we can grab possibly a defensive back that's slipped a little bit. In the third Jonathan Orr teamed with Welker/Gibson will give us a young WR backup core. In the 4th maybe pick up Brodie Croyle if he's still there.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,162
    vCash:
    2953
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaj
    I see the sweep spot being somewhere around the 27-29 pick. Around there I can see Bing, Landry, and maybe one of the LBs slipping. In the 2nd I'd like Whitworth possibly to play RT for us and switch Carey to LT. We'd probably get a late 2nd round pick to trade down from there maybe from the Donkeys. With that pick we can grab possibly a defensive back that's slipped a little bit. In the third Jonathan Orr teamed with Welker/Gibson will give us a young WR backup core. In the 4th maybe pick up Brodie Croyle if he's still there.
    You've probably heard me say it already but when you say you see Whitworth being a possibility, all I say is that keep in mind that he's only a possibility if that's the guy that draws Houck's eye. Saban will not show favoritism toward an offensive lineman, he goes straight up with what Houck tells him to go with. Houck liked Michael Roos and Anthony Alabi, they had no connection to Saban, and those were the guys we would have drafted or did draft. Remember how everyone had Ben Wilkerson going to us in the 3rd last year? Saban didn't even make a play for the dude as an undrafted free agent.

    Anyone on defense from LSU would be an immediate candidate for the Phins, but honestly I don't see any LSU lineman being any more likely than, say, a University of Washington lineman to become a Fin.

    Otherwise though, I like your tastes...except when it comes to Landry vs. Bing, Landry would be worth so much more to us that he's worth fighting for that little extra draft position to make sure we get him and not Bing...if for no other reason than that Landry would be a day 1 starter for us and one that is not only immediately effective, but is smart enough, knows the D well enough, and is enough of a leader to become the secondary's LEADER and signal caller in his rookie year...think how most teams give a rookie a contract knowing he's probably just collecting a paycheck and making a little bit of an impact his first year, and then think of the possibility of us picking up a young stud like Landry on a rookie contract with basically the knowledge and experience of a veteran free agent.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Jaj's Avatar
    What you say?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2003
    Posts:
    13,149
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ya I remember you saying that before however I feel that Whitworth is one of the better run-blocking RTs in the draft. He just makes sense. Obviously I wouldn't expect him to be picked over McNeil in the first.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    dominizzo's Avatar
    Ronnie23Brown

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    16,901
    vCash:
    1111
    Loc:
    Dolphins Stadium/Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead
    If some bonehead GM is still convinced that a 2nd this year is worth a 1st next year I'm all for giving up our 2nd this year for their first next year. Heck and if he thinks our 3rd this year is worth their 2nd next year, I'd do that too.

    Bonehead Gm = MAtt Millen

    sig by In_Flames
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Trade with us (SD). Neal WILL be PERFECT!
    By L.T.21 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 09:10 PM
  2. The Miami Dolphins get a B+ for 2007 Draft and roster position breakdown
    By delpiero1192 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 04:06 PM
  3. 2007 draft by position and order
    By Prophet in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 11:02 PM
  4. I have the perfect trade!!
    By nolefin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 09:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •