Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Pat Watkins

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Pat Watkins

I am hearing great things about this kid but while watching thegame last night i noticed he is extrememly lanky and real small in size wat do you guys think about him i havnt seen him much and he definatly at 6'4" to add bulk to his frame is he a solid pick for us and wat round will he go in this is his scouting report

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.50
    Official Bio

Strengths:
    Has tremendous size with long arms and the frame to add more weight...Is a very good athlete...Mobile and has excellent range to make plays sideline-to-sideline...Smart and a leader on the field...Great leaper who knows how to go up and get the ball...Will support the run...Still has some upside and potential.

Weaknesses:
    Must hit the weight room and get stronger...Needs to bulk up...Not overly physical or explosive despite his size...Inconsistent...Struggles a bit and gets turned in man coverage...Has some minor durability concerns...A bit of an underachiever who didn't always play up to his ability...Only two years of starting experience.

Notes:
    Top recruit coming out of high school...Could be chosen earlier than he should based on workouts...From a physical standpoint he would seem to have all the tools you look for and is exactly what the pros are looking for in a safety today.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    thank you

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    nashville,TN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    being a noles fan i can tell you that he is no ed reed but he can be a good saftey in the nfl due to his size and long range. also he his a great special teams player, and i hope the fins can pick him up in the 3rd or 4th.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    thank you

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    nashville,TN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    oh and about him being lanky, he is not scared to jack you up as you saw last night.
    Quote Quote