Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Impressive talent we can draft in the game last night

1. -1
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks

Impressive talent we can draft in the game last night

Huff played great last night
    Griffin was also great
    How about the tackles for Texas? Barely heard anything about Rucker or anyone else on the USC DL. Scott is a beast and Blaylock played great.

Bing played very well, hit everything, I wonder how many tackles he and Huff had last night?
    Winston Justice had a solid game, no real pressure on Leinart unless there was a blitz
    Taitusi Lutui played awesome. If we could get him in the 2nd or 3rd, not sure were he's ranked,he would be a beast of a player at G and move Hadnot to C.
    I really liked what I saw in Steve Smith, he was blocking and running some good patterns. He very fast. Would be a great late round pick if he's there.

There was lots more talent in this game but I concentrated on players who we may have a shot on and positions of need for the Phins.

Who impressed who other than the obvious guys? (QBs)
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Wa Wa Wee Wa

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    UCLA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadi-Phin
    Huff played great last night
    Griffin was also great
    How about the tackles for Texas? Barely heard anything about Rucker or anyone else on the USC DL. Scott is a beast and Blaylock played great.

Bing played very well, hit everything, I wonder how many tackles he and Huff had last night?
    Winston Justice had a solid game, no real pressure on Leinart unless there was a blitz
    Taitusi Lutui played awesome. If we could get him in the 2nd or 3rd, not sure were he's ranked,he would be a beast of a player at G and move Hadnot to C.
    I really liked what I saw in Steve Smith, he was blocking and running some good patterns. He very fast. Would be a great late round pick if he's there.

There was lots more talent in this game but I concentrated on players who we may have a shot on and positions of need for the Phins.

Who impressed who other than the obvious guys? (QBs)
    I was impressed by Scott's performance and I think we should get him if we draft a OT. I'd prefer we trade up for Leinart. Young's probably not coming out so the QB's available becomes paper thin meaning we have to trade up if we want a QB anywhere near the 1st round. Other than Justice and Lutui, Texas defenders were in Leinart's face most of the game compared to what Young had. It was like there was no USC DL thanks to that line.

And so do people who don't vote for me in FH March Madness http://www.dolphinsnation.com/forums...d.php?t=215893
    Players I'm looking at for 08 draft: Adarius Bowman, DR Cromartie, Martin Rucker, Bruce Davis, Shannon Tevaga, Tracy Porter, Brian Brohm, Matt Ryan, Chris Long, John Carlson, Chauncey Washington (ex-HS teammate)
    Interesting fact: Bill Parcells was the 1st NFL coach to have Gatorade dumped on him after a W in 1985.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    one thing's for sure: don't expect rod wright to be in the first round this year. lutui owned him
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah I thought Wright was hurt cause I didn't hear his name the entire night until Fouts mentioned that he doesn't have a tackle yet.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Huff played great, I hope we get him
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington, DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1
    Huff played great, I hope we get him
    Yea, I noticed that too. ESPN's first mock draft had us taking him at #16 a couple of days ago. I sure wouldn't mind if that's the case.
    Quote Quote