Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Why Vince Needs to go Pro.

  1. -1
    Jnaledu3's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2003
    Posts:
    2,639
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Why Vince Needs to go Pro.

    In the next few days, youre going to hear a lot of opinions on why or why not Vince Young should go pro.

    The obvious reasons for him to go pro is of course, the money. Strike while the iron is hot because you dont know what is going to happen next year.

    Others will say to stay in college to get "better."

    Well I dont think the guy will get any better than he already is- in college. You know Mack Brown and company are going to tell Vince Young to keep doing exactly what he is doing now- make plays with his legs. And even if he does stay in college another year- the next step is the NFL.

    The bottom line is- he has to change his mechanics to be successful in the NFL. A pro style offense NEEDS a QB that can throw the ball effectively. There is no way around this. And the NFL has the best coaches and programs that will help him do this.

    If he stays in college, it will just delay his progression- and hurt him in the long run.

    I think there can be nothing better for this guy than to be drafted by the Tennessee Titans, and be tutored by Steve Mcnair.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    BassFin's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    675
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He needs to ride the wave of last night's game and go pro. There's also the possibility of a new Collective Bargining Agreement next year that may mean less money to rooks. And Brady Quinn could be rated higher next year. And of course there's always the threat of injury.

    Or he could go out and have a year like Omar Jacobs who (if he were to come out this year as opposed to last) dropped a few rounds after his performance this year and now HAS to stay another year to get the glory back.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    6,291
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Tampa FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    his line also won't be as good next year
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Agent51's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    5,589
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hawai'i
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnaledu3
    In the next few days, youre going to hear a lot of opinions on why or why not Vince Young should go pro.

    The obvious reasons for him to go pro is of course, the money. Strike while the iron is hot because you dont know what is going to happen next year.

    Others will say to stay in college to get "better."

    Well I dont think the guy will get any better than he already is- in college. You know Mack Brown and company are going to tell Vince Young to keep doing exactly what he is doing now- make plays with his legs. And even if he does stay in college another year- the next step is the NFL.

    The bottom line is- he has to change his mechanics to be successful in the NFL. A pro style offense NEEDS a QB that can throw the ball effectively. There is no way around this. And the NFL has the best coaches and programs that will help him do this.

    If he stays in college, it will just delay his progression- and hurt him in the long run.

    I think there can be nothing better for this guy than to be drafted by the Tennessee Titans, and be tutored by Steve Mcnair.
    Great point, and it's one everyone overlooks. Yeah, young has mechanics issues, but they just won a title and it's been working for them so far, why would they CHANGE that? The only place it's gonna change is the NFL, so he might as well get a jump start on it (even though I'd like to see him back to my Longhorns for a repeat shot). Plus, he can go now, cash in while his hype is so high after winning the title, and he can sit and learn for a few years. If he stays there is injury risk, they might not be as good next year with, as Kast said, the oline stars leaving, and numerous defensive starters are leaving, plus the whole bargaining agreement might drastically reduce his payday.
    Texas Longhorns - 2006 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS :rocker:
    Guy 1: "Were you on steroids?"
    Chazz Michael Michaels: "Yes, yes I was, about a half a cup."

    Keith Richards: "I snorted my father" :rocker:
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Tone_E's Avatar
    THT - Two Hand Tony

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    1,039
    vCash:
    2059
    Loc:
    Toronto
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Vincy Young needs to go pro so B. Urlacher, Z. Thomas, J. Trotter, R. Lewis and company can knock this kid on his azz!!!!!!!!!!

    Let him try those antics in the NFL. The tackles wont be missed, the space wont be there, and unless he dives feet first, he wont last the season!

    Go pro, please, I cant wait to see you being introduced to the NFL ....


    BTW Vince, work on your progressions cuz thats all that'll help you out when you have 2 bum knees, a dislocated shoulder, and whatever will be dealt to your free running style.

    Just my oppinion, let the flaming begin....
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Agent51's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    5,589
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hawai'i
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone_E
    Vincy Young needs to go pro so B. Urlacher, Z. Thomas, J. Trotter, R. Lewis and company can knock this kid on his azz!!!!!!!!!!

    Let him try those antics in the NFL. The tackles wont be missed, the space wont be there, and unless he dives feet first, he wont last the season!

    Go pro, please, I cant wait to see you being introduced to the NFL ....


    BTW Vince, work on your progressions cuz thats all that'll help you out when you have 2 bum knees, a dislocated shoulder, and whatever will be dealt to your free running style.

    Just my oppinion, let the flaming begin....
    There's no need, you made yourself look dumb enough.............
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Tone_E's Avatar
    THT - Two Hand Tony

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    1,039
    vCash:
    2059
    Loc:
    Toronto
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent51
    There's no need, you made yourself look dumb enough.............
    If you honestly think he'll be that effective at the pro level, you are guilty of the same crime. Watch the game again, and tell me how many of those runs woulda held up in the NFL? Granted, like Vick, he is capable of making HUGE plays, and defenitly WILL. I do not argue with that. My point, in case you failed to realize it, was this; V. Young must learn that he is a passer first, as opposed to a runner. Opposing defenses will quickly adapt to such styles, ala ATL and Vick. It will only be a matter of time before V. Young MUST rely on his passing ability. Until he achieves this, he will be contained. If he becomes a steady passer, the holes will then open up for him to run more frequently.

    Dont let you bias blind you agent. Honestly speaking, how effective do you think he will be in the NFL with 2-3 yrs experiece w/ a decent team around him.

    That was not a sarcastic question, jus want your honest oppinion.:cool:
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    5,049
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BassFin
    He needs to ride the wave of last night's game and go pro. There's also the possibility of a new Collective Bargining Agreement next year that may mean less money to rooks. And Brady Quinn could be rated higher next year. And of course there's always the threat of injury.

    Or he could go out and have a year like Omar Jacobs who (if he were to come out this year as opposed to last) dropped a few rounds after his performance this year and now HAS to stay another year to get the glory back.
    hit - nail -on - head

    Brady Quinn is why Vince should come out.

    Vince will be a top 3 pick this year, I'm not saying that I 100% buy into the hype, but he will go top 3, maybe top 2 ahead of Leinart.

    He should look at what has happened to Leinart. Matt would've been the #1 pick by a mile last year, and won't this year.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Agent51's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    5,589
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hawai'i
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone_E
    If you honestly think he'll be that effective at the pro level, you are guilty of the same crime. Watch the game again, and tell me how many of those runs woulda held up in the NFL? Granted, like Vick, he is capable of making HUGE plays, and defenitly WILL. I do not argue with that. My point, in case you failed to realize it, was this; V. Young must learn that he is a passer first, as opposed to a runner. Opposing defenses will quickly adapt to such styles, ala ATL and Vick. It will only be a matter of time before V. Young MUST rely on his passing ability. Until he achieves this, he will be contained. If he becomes a steady passer, the holes will then open up for him to run more frequently.

    Dont let you bias blind you agent. Honestly speaking, how effective do you think he will be in the NFL with 2-3 yrs experiece w/ a decent team around him.

    That was not a sarcastic question, jus want your honest oppinion.:cool:
    Dude, I'm no Vince supprter by any means, aside from in college because he is my QB. I'm not lobbying to draft him or anything like that, and I wasn't even making that comment because I think he will be a great NFL QB, I just made the comment because the way you worded your post was childish.

    Trust me, I watched the game as close as someone could watch it, and his play had me going crazy WAY too many times, the way he holds the ball out there for anyone to swat, the way his feet aren't always set etc etc. I think Vince can be developed into a good pro, but by no means do I think he will be effective right away, as a complete QB anyway. He may be able to run around right away liek Vick does, but he won't have his passing down for a few seasons. When he does though, he's someone to watch out for. He's got the footwork of Vick but can make throws, and TRIES to make throws, he doesn't just take off everytime. Again, I'm not all over him because of this one game, nor am I bias because if I were I'd be making tons of posts all over Vince's nuts to draft him, lol. I've seen him play prolly more than anyone on here so I think my opinion has SOME merit. And my opinion is he CAN be successful in the NFL, just not right away, he's got tons of mechanical work to do first. He has AMAZING leadership skills though, and he CAN make great plays with his feet, so if he can get the passing mechanics dialed in you can't deny he'd be a threat. Hell, Vick is a threat and he can't pass for sh*t. I'm not advocating scramblers though, personally my ideal qb is a pcket passer who is able to scramble if absolutely need be, not a scrambling QB who is able to throw if need be. Anyway, trust me, I know Vince has flaws and it will be awhile for him to be effective in the NFL, but he's got the talent to make it happen.

    And I didn't mean to be such a d*ck in that previous post, your post just kinda seemed childish to me so I threw a childish response back.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Canadi-Phin's Avatar
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    1,741
    vCash:
    2383
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The thing I was most impressed with VY that will move on to the pro is his poise. He had aguys wrapped around his legs and still completed passes. He knew when to run and when not too. He kept his team in the game. EVery QB comes to the NFL with a time of adjustment and needs to learn. Every QB has the same adjustments to make in the speed and the knowledge of players in the NFL. Him having the abilites he does have to run the ball just add a dimension to his teams offence that every team has to take note of and adds extra pressure to the defenders. Give him time and he will be a good one.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Vince Oghobaase DT
    By cuban_refugee in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 05:47 PM
  2. vince young
    By Mindwarp in forum Graphics Talk and Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 09:25 PM
  3. Vince Young
    By Silverphin in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 11:31 AM
  4. Why Vince Needs to go Pro.
    By Jnaledu3 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 01:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •