Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Salary Cap

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Salary Cap

Do we have more room to make moves under the cap then we did last year. What players have Saban actually talked about picking up. Do we have a lot of money to get the players we need to get to the playoffs.

*BEAST*
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we make the moves we are expected to make, with cuts and restructures, we could be anywhere from $12 million under to even maybe $22 million under. That depends on who gets cut and who agrees to restructure. What would make the number around 22 mill would be if we let go Booker, Madison and Mcintosh. Those are moves still up in the air. We can get to 12 million by simply releaseing Reggie Howard, Tebucky Jones, Junior Seau and Jeff Zgonina. Plus a couple restructures.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    From the land of legends

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Somerset, England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinFan8589
    If we make the moves we are expected to make, with cuts and restructures, we could be anywhere from $12 million under to even maybe $22 million under. That depends on who gets cut and who agrees to restructure. What would make the number around 22 mill would be if we let go Booker, Madison and Mcintosh. Those are moves still up in the air. We can get to 12 million by simply releaseing Reggie Howard, Tebucky Jones, Junior Seau and Jeff Zgonina. Plus a couple restructures.
    Thanks for that shag
    Dolphins Til I Die

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After they sign me it should cut that in half, leaving around 6 mil or so.
    New sig coming soon!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    adolfan in cali

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    modesto,calif
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedolphin54
    Thanks for that shag
    25 mill would be nice
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    last year at this time I thought I read somewhere that we were 17mil over the cap compared to 3mil this year. Not sure how true this was and if I can find the link I will post. But we are in much better shape.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinFan8589
    According to the 2006 salary cap page, we're $8M over the cap. Cutting Booker, Madison, and McIntosh only saves $9M. That puts us $1m under. Cutting Howard, Jones, and Seau saves $9.5M. That puts us $10.5M under. Cutting Frerotte would get us to around $15M under.

What is the going rate for a good #2 WR? I'm wondering if it's worth $3M to cut Booker. Can we get a better WR than Booker for less than that?

On Madison, is it worth the $2M savings to cut him? He's still a pretty solid player. He's not worth the $6.3M we're paying him. But, we're going to pay him $4.4M whether we cut him or not. So, is cutting him, and creating the hole in the secondary, is that worth the $2M in savings. Can we replace Madison for $2M?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfanmark
    According to the 2006 salary cap page, we're $8M over the cap. Cutting Booker, Madison, and McIntosh only saves $9M. That puts us $1m under. Cutting Howard, Jones, and Seau saves $9.5M. That puts us $10.5M under. Cutting Frerotte would get us to around $15M under.

What is the going rate for a good #2 WR? I'm wondering if it's worth $3M to cut Booker. Can we get a better WR than Booker for less than that?

On Madison, is it worth the $2M savings to cut him? He's still a pretty solid player. He's not worth the $6.3M we're paying him. But, we're going to pay him $4.4M whether we cut him or not. So, is cutting him, and creating the hole in the secondary, is that worth the $2M in savings. Can we replace Madison for $2M?
    To answer a couple of my own questions. Last year, Baxter, Smoot, and Rolle all got $5M or more per year in free agency. So, for the $2M it would save to cut Madison, we certainly can't get a top guy to replace him.

TJ Houshmanzadeh got about $3.5M per year last year in free agency. So, I'm not sure you can save money on a good #2 WR by cutting Booker, either.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Super Bowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfanmark
    According to the 2006 salary cap page, we're $8M over the cap.
    What 2006 salary cap page would that be??? Considering that the 2006 salary cap has not been decided yet that number has to be a guess.

Edit
    I see that the Finheaven page was just posted a minute ago.
    Quote Quote