Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penn & Teller

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern California
    Thanks / No Thanks

Penn & Teller

After the game, they revealed the correct predictions by this guy or group, Penn & Teller, that he/they made before the game that Tampa Bay would win 48-21 and that Dexter Jackson would be the MVP. This happened at the Time Square in NY.

Does anyone have more info. on this thing like if it really happened this way or was this just a showbiz type of a thing for the post game show?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Plant City, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They are full of it..... they made it so confusing at the end with the fast talking.... it got swapped at the end....

NOBODY predicts TB to score 48 points.... if i would be able to pick with that accuracy I would be doing well in vegas I tell ya.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Plant City, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh.... and I dont think anyone would have picked Jackson to be MVP either.

Yeah we knew the D would be good.... but I would have picked Barber or Books first over Jackson before the game
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    formally known as CANEPHINS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Savannah, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Penn & Teller

Originally posted by DolphinVJ
    After the game, they revealed the correct predictions by this guy or group, Penn & Teller, that he/they made before the game that Tampa Bay would win 48-21 and that Dexter Jackson would be the MVP. This happened at the Time Square in NY.

Does anyone have more info. on this thing like if it really happened this way or was this just a showbiz type of a thing for the post game show?
    The trick was this. They had it written down on a piece of paper then signed and double tubed and placed in a pickle jar handing from a post in Times Square with Marines guarding it all day. Then after the game they cut back to Times Square and broke open the pickle jar. Then opened the tube and pulled out the white tube with the note in it. Penn then handed it to a woman and said hold this while Teller pulled a crate out. Penn told the woman to open it and when she did you could see another woman pass her the new piece of paper. The woman opening it was so bad that she basically had stage fright. She showed no emotion and was almost scared to do it. Well then with the slight of hand, or lack there of, she then passed the new paper to Penn and he unrolled it to show the correct score and MVP. It did have the signatures at the top left corner (this could have been reproduced though). It was a nice trick but would have worked better if not Jackson being MVP. Jacksom being MVp just made it even less believable!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like Jimmy Kimmel said..."We're going to war with a country across the world and our Marines are guarding pickles!"
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pitbull

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Amen...What BS...:goof:
    Love your shoes...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Punk Exterminator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

Arn Anderson is cool.

Originally posted by Canephins
    The trick was this. They had it written down on a piece of paper then signed and double tubed and placed in a pickle jar handing from a post in Times Square with Marines guarding it all day. Then after the game they cut back to Times Square and broke open the pickle jar. Then opened the tube and pulled out the white tube with the note in it. Penn then handed it to a woman and said hold this while Teller pulled a crate out. Penn told the woman to open it and when she did you could see another woman pass her the new piece of paper. The woman opening it was so bad that she basically had stage fright. She showed no emotion and was almost scared to do it. Well then with the slight of hand, or lack there of, she then passed the new paper to Penn and he unrolled it to show the correct score and MVP. It did have the signatures at the top left corner (this could have been reproduced though). It was a nice trick but would have worked better if not Jackson being MVP. Jacksom being MVp just made it even less believable!

I miss the days of the Four Horsemen.
    I believe I can fly.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    formally known as CANEPHINS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Savannah, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks

That was the line of the night.....

Originally posted by WCoastFin
    Like Jimmy Kimmel said..."We're going to war with a country across the world and our Marines are guarding pickles!"
    Other than the line from Jennifer Garners top to bottom at the beginning of Alias. Once again my fav show refuses to have a let down episode! The best one ever!

As for Kimmel, he was dead on. What a joke that was and the best thing about his new show is that he doesn't care. He will say anything, make fun of anyone and he will have midgets. Does it get any better than that??? Classic Kimmel line, "Midgets are great and everyone should own one!"

Still can't believe Sapp made it there! How amazing was that!?! Also, the other clasic line was when Snoop said that they needed to get Sapp a glass of ice so he could drink that Vodka and Sapp responded by saying, "Nah, I got 3 bottles of Crystall (sp) sitting in the hotel!". How could you not help but enjoy that!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not even Dexter Jackson's mother thought Jackson would be the Super Bowl MVP.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They switched the test tubes, afterall how in the hell could a sledge hammer hit a glass test tube & it squirt off the camera screen without breaking? The original test tube was plastic, & they switched them when the test tube went off screen.
    Quote Quote