Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Overrated/Underrated

1. -21
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nopony
    I'm sorry, but if you think color has nothing to do with the overall reaction to Vince Young, you are deluding yourself.
    Now your just reaching.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I trust scouts and personnel people more than stats. I doubt Vince Young puts up those numbers playing for Vanderbilt. I bet Cutler's numbers are even better playing for a more talented team like USC or Texas.
    Are you under the impression that scouts and personnel people like Cutler better than young? Really? Because ESPN likes him?

nopony, are we gonna do this again???

just kidding - i have to say i've enjoyed our discussions very much.
    Me too!

re cutler v. young v. leinhart, my bet on who will be the bust is leinhart, for all the reasons i posted last night. something about him i don't trust.
    You know, You could very well be right. I don't know. But if I had to bet my house on any of them succeeding, Leinart and Young would get the nod well before Cutler at this point.

But I'm not allowed to bet my house anymore, so that's moot.:wink:
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Sucking for Luck Since 2004

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    considering the overall reaction to vince young is that he's the best player of all time, i don't see that the color of his skin has affected too many people. maybe people of the same color.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One of the things I find so funny is perception that everyone is "bashing" Jay Cutler. My intent of this post was to try to understand why his stock continues to rise from being a 2nd round pick to now top ten, with some speculating the Jets may even take him at #4.
    Good god, truer words were never spoken. Half the people on here hava laready annointd him the next Marino

They probably already have Jay Cutler pajamas and sippy cups.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Sucking for Luck Since 2004

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good god, truer words were never spoken. Half the people on here hava laready annointd him the next Marino

They probably already have Jay Cutler pajamas and sippy cups.
    i just find it odd for people to talk negative a on guy they've never watched play outside of the senior bowl. just as bizarre as annoiting him the next great one without watching him play.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you have a lot to learn, young one.

i wish.

hell of a persuasive argument, by the way. I'm totally convinced now. I have a lot to learn. Vince Young's numbers are unimpressive and meaningless.

Now your just reaching.
    Not by a long shot. Am I saying that everyone who doesn't like Vince Young as a quarterback is a racist? 100% NO, that's not what I'm saying at ALL.

Does race have anything to do with it? Absolutely.

This may very well not apply to you... but I guarantee you that there are a LOT of people out there who dislike Vince Young for one reason, they've already put him in the Mike Vick category. They see him, he;s a black quarterback who can run so he must not be able to pass.

Hell, people on here have come right out and said, that they don't know at all, but they bet Leinart's smarter... wth?
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Cribbs
    i just find it odd for people to talk negative a on guy they've never watched play outside of the senior bowl. just as bizarre as annoiting him the next great one without watching him play.
    So true.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    considering the overall reaction to vince young is that he's the best player of all time, i don't see that the color of his skin has affected too many people. maybe people of the same color.
    Hm. Let me look over this board... yep. Doesn't seem to be that reaction. In fact, people here seem to bash him a lot...

Assumptions... always risky. You made two of them in there. Care to guess why both are wrong?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    hi

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This nopony guy is hilarious. Accuses people of not watching games, yet all he can do is copy and paste STATS. Real convincing there, junior.

BTW, bringing race into this is pretty lame. Me thinking Young is overrated has nothing to do with his skin color. Besides, I had Darrell Hackney in my sig for months.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not by a long shot. Am I saying that everyone who doesn't like Vince Young as a quarterback is a racist? 100% NO, that's not what I'm saying at ALL.

Does race have anything to do with it? Absolutely.

This may very well not apply to you... but I guarantee you that there are a LOT of people out there who dislike Vince Young for one reason, they've already put him in the Mike Vick category. They see him, he;s a black quarterback who can run so he must not be able to pass.

Hell, people on here have come right out and said, that they don't know at all, but they bet Leinart's smarter... wth?
    In the grand scheme of things possibly. But in the context you put it in, suggesting that was even a remote factor in my opinion of him is absolutely ridiculous.
    Quote Quote