Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Overrated/Underrated

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djfresh47
    I think Leinart is the 2nd best player in the draft after Reggie Bush, but i'll imply the option thing to Cutler. Didn't he start out as an option Qb? Cutler may turn out great, but i'm skeptical of guys who just fly up draft boards after a workout. Cutler to me is the 3rd best Qb in the draft, and he's clearly better than the Croyle/Whitehurst, who I would rank 4th and 5th. BTW, if people don't think race has to do with the way some people percieve a Qb they're fooling themselves, this may not have to deal with Young or whatever, but I do recall a person basically naming every African-American as a running Qb including Leftwich not too long ago on this site. Now this probably doesn't apply to most of the people, but it's out there. BTW, I think Reggie McNeal and LenDale White are underrated, and DeAngelo Williams, Marcus McNeil and Eric Winston are overrated.
    Thank you. You put it well.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Sucking for Luck Since 2004

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nopony
    So what else?

i watched him quite a bit. He has a great long ball, is DEADLY accurate and throws well short, medium and long. He checks of recievers superbly and reads defenses well. He excelled on the highest stage of college football and is a consistent winner.

his release is unorthodox, but not neccessarily bad... just a question mark.

Leinart's question mark is his arm strength.

I've seen a lot of Young, and once people get past the silly idea that he's Marcus Vick, he's an incredibly impressive QUARTERBACK. Not athlete, quarterback.
    young's long ball is far from "great." it's not even good. deadly accurate? are you just making things up? one of young's question marks is his arm strength as well. right now, he's just an athlete who can play quarterback in college. nothing he does to me shows that he can translate to the NFL. that's why he's a developmental project and isn't in the same league as matt leinart.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Cribbs
    young's long ball is far from "great." it's not even good. deadly accurate? are you just making things up? one of young's question marks is his arm strength as well. right now, he's just an athlete who can play quarterback in college. nothing he does to me shows that he can translate to the NFL. that's why he's a developmental project and isn't in the same league as matt leinart.
    His long ball is most certainly "good". He used it to great effect all year. His YPA was allmost ten, dude. you don't get that throwing screens.

And his accuracy was over 65 freaking %. Making things up... jesus. You should probably stick to talking about other players.

We'll see, man, we'll see.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Murrells Inlet, S.C.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im tired of the race card being flipped out every time it suits someones viewpoint

It is 2006, not 1963. I love the Dolphins, if they get a good QB , I dont care if he is green.

If the Eagles would trade McNabb for pennies on the dollar, or if Culpepper showed he was not damaged goods I would root just as hard for those guys as I did Marino or Greise.

get the **** over it.

Oh, and I think Vince Young is gonna be a bust.
    I still kinda believe, I think
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsinmisc
    Im tired of the race card being flipped out every time it suits someones viewpoint

It is 2006, not 1963. I love the Dolphins, if they get a good QB , I dont care if he is green.

If the Eagles would trade McNabb for pennies on the dollar, or if Culpepper showed he was not damaged goods I would root just as hard for those guys as I did Marino or Greise.

get the **** over it.

Well said :wink:
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

get the **** over it.

Yeah. No such thing as racism anymore. Completely eradicated. Everybody thinks everybody is equal.

Look, I know people want the issue to go away. It's ugly, it's embarrassing and it's unpleasant.

But it's still out there. And if we pretend it isn't, it's only going to get worse.

Just because YOU are not affected by race (which is awesome) doesn't mean you should make the mistake of thinking no one is.

Thinking nothing is about race is just as dangerous as thinking everything is about race.

I can't stand it when the race card, or sexual harrassment or anything like that is used because of its power and not because it's appropriate, it makes it harder to combat real issues. And I'm the first to call that out.

But to think that it doesn't play a part in some things is equally ignorant.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Murrells Inlet, S.C.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Racism is a double edged sword.

One of my first jobs entailed going into neighborhoods where I was not welcome. I felt the anger seething from some of the people I was dealing with.

I do not doubt that prejudice exists in every community in these united states.

Any true Dolfan accepts players of all races. If Dolphin management proposed an all white team most if not all members of this board would rise up in anger.

In last years draft did anyone say we should draft Smith or Rogers because they are white? Of course not. If people dont like Young or Vick , it is usually because they see flaws in their game, not their pigmentation.

By the way, I still think Vince Young sucks.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Racism is a double edged sword.

One of my first jobs entailed going into neighborhoods where I was not welcome. I felt the anger seething from some of the people I was dealing with.

Any true Dolfan accepts players of all races. If Dolphin management proposed an all white team most if not all members of this board would rise up in anger.

In last years draft did anyone say we should draft Smith or Rogers because they are white? Of course not. If people dont like Young or Vick , it is usually because they see flaws in their game, not their pigmentation.

By the way, I still think Vince Young sucks.
    Just because you don't care a bit about race, doesn't mean others don't. Don't make that mistake.

Oh, and:

"I still think Vince Young sucks."

Takes all kinds, I guess.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Murrells Inlet, S.C.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you read my post you would see that I know racism exists.

My point was that true fans dont care if a player is black or white.

I can discuss a players skills without consideration of race. Can you?

Again, Vince Young is gonna flop like a fat girl on a new trampoline.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Sucking for Luck Since 2004

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm so unracist i didn't even know vince young was black.
    Quote Quote