Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Attention all Members:***

1. -21
    Bon vivant

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By the way, I totally appreciate the "method behind the madness": to make board discipline consistent. As I said, the devil is in the details.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Captain Caveman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    1st overall draft pick
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAstroZoom
    And I, too, am clueless regarding the "quoted text in sig" infraction: is the purpose here to prevent members from using someone else's quote to make them look stupid? If so, that's covered under personal attacks. Beyond that, I'm not sure why it's there.
    Doc, this is exactly the case. We had many members who had quotes in there sigs for the sole purpose of making fun of them. Some members got way out of hand with this and had 4 quotes in there sigs.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAstroZoom
    I don't have a problem with the concept, but the devil is in the details.

"Annoyance" is really nebulous, and I wonder about its enforcement.

I agree that the off-topic/wrong forum penalty seems really strict.

And I, too, am clueless regarding the "quoted text in sig" infraction: is the purpose here to prevent members from using someone else's quote to make them look stupid? If so, that's covered under personal attacks. Beyond that, I'm not sure why it's there.

I agree. The annoyance thing can become too much of a personal issue if you aren't careful.
    The wrong forum is sometimes a simple over-sight or an accident. I have posted in the wrong forum before, realized that I had, and wanted to delete it and change but am not able to.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Long Time Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwarp
    question: Would you rather get some points for breaking some rules and a PM letting you know what happend? or would you rather we give you 24 hours for breaking the rules?
    Well you know...I have posted over 600 posts...and NEVER been disiplined for anything....so its obvious Im a good boy....To answer your question....24 hours is the best way...I mean...you slap some points on me...I could forget in the future...I might do it again thinkin....(so what its just some points lets so If i can slip it past)....you 24 hour ban me...and its like the invisible fence...I know exactly where I can and cant go....lesson learned....its just sounds like more work for you....but hey I could be wrong.

and by the way....why is Zack Thomas "IN loving Memory" did he didnt die or something did he?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    President LLB/Unicorn/Rainbow Club

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pompton Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This board is WAYYYY more lenient than some message boards. I have a lifetime ban at Fark, and I'm a nice guy!

I believe they are explaining the way the rules work, in detail. It isn't harsh, it isn't nit picky. Its just the details of the reporting.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Bon vivant

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwarp
    Doc, this is exactly the case. We had many members who had quotes in there sigs for the sole purpose of making fun of them. Some members got way out of hand with this and had 4 quotes in there sigs.

I would suggest then, that you specify "quoted text in sig for the purpose of antagonism" or just let it fall under "personal attacks" to avoid confusion.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    192.168.1.3/255.255.255.0
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's about time.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Captain Caveman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    1st overall draft pick
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins05:NewHope
    Well you know...I have posted over 600 posts...and NEVER been disiplined for anything....so its obvious Im a good boy....To answer your question....24 hours is the best way...I mean...you slap some points on me...I could forget in the future...I might do it again thinkin....(so what its just some points lets so If i can slip it past)....you 24 hour ban me...and its like the invisible fence...I know exactly where I can and cant go....lesson learned....its just sounds like more work for you....but hey I could be wrong.

and by the way....why is Zack Thomas "IN loving Memory" did he didnt die or something did he?

no its In loving memory of a couple of members here who have had love ones pass away recently.

but back to your points about the warning system. the way it is now you will see what perecentage you have if you do something bad, and you can click on the % and it will tell you what you did bad, and on what thread you did it, so you can ALWAYS know and never forget.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A Q on "linking to other fan sites"

Do you consider miamidolphins.com another fan site? Also, some people keep more updated stuff on other fan sites. Both Merman and myself have talked about the salary cap before.... I know he keeps a regularly updated salary cap page that I have linked to before. That shouldnt be against the TOS. Its promoting discussion about the Miami Dolphins and its a little more in detail than the cap page we have on here.

What about if something is posted on billszone that is directly related to us? In the "beast of the AFC east" forum, isnt that the entire point of that forum?

Also, do you consider all the nfldraftcountdown.com and sites like that other fan sites? Because in the draft forum, people link updated mock drafts all the time..... just because its being linked to another fan site, doesnt mean its not serving its purpose and helping conversation or initiating conversation about the Dolphins.

I agree with most of the rules, but man, some of the other ones seem right out of the Mein Kampf......
    A Guide To Forum Posts:
    http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

My Cap Page:
    LINK!
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    REV KEV

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks