Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Attention all Members:***

1. -41
    Captain Caveman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    1st overall draft pick
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It will be a learning experiance for all of you. But remember if you do not agree with a warning you can always PM a admin (Wharf or Infins have th ebest judgement out of all of us :wink and we can listen to your complaint look at the thread and get back to you on it.

Some will not agree at first, but as well all learn from it im sure we will all find a happy middle road for all of us. :mindwarp:
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PassRush
    I am torn about this. The warning system is a good idea in theory, though I worry about how strict this should be. I believe that some of the more borderline violations(for example a thread about what it would take to get Cutler in the main forum), should just be moved with no points. Lets face it, we understand that the mods have to make judgement calls from time to time; regular posters do too. If I were to post a thread about trading Ricky Williams for a chance at Cutler, that could reasonably be posted in the Main, Trade or Draft forums; no matter which one you choose, if a mod is having a bad day I could be wrong and missed two right answers. I believe the only time points should be assesed for posting in the wrong forum is if it is blatently off topic, for example if I posted my infamous "cooler" thread in the main forum(I still want it back, InFins, I am not kidding)

True true. There are gray areas on some subjects. There are quite a few cases when a subject could realistically be posted in several forums. How will this be looked at?

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    17-0 perfectville Pop. 1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elmira, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sweet
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How many pts did ZOD just get??
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    There Ain't No Submariners Down in Hell

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinzD
    Regarding "altering quoted text", I would assume that if you put some quoted text in bold, to highlight the point you are responding to, that is not altering? As long as you don't change any of the text?
    and sometimes I reduce a long quote by putting in ... the part I want to highlight .... It saves a whole lot of page space. I am guessung that you mean altering the words to read something other than what was in the original text.

And it's pronounced "sub-ma-reen-er" not "sub-mare-in-er" - dumb *** (as Walter would say)

F
    inzFan
    since 1968

~*~*~Thanks to CrunchTime for this banner design (you da man)~*~*~

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mindwarp,

Can I get a little clarification on this:

Quote Originally Posted by Philter25
    A Q on "linking to other fan sites"

Do you consider miamidolphins.com another fan site? Also, some people keep more updated stuff on other fan sites. Both Merman and myself have talked about the salary cap before.... I know he keeps a regularly updated salary cap page that I have linked to before. That shouldnt be against the TOS. Its promoting discussion about the Miami Dolphins and its a little more in detail than the cap page we have on here.

What about if something is posted on billszone that is directly related to us? In the "beast of the AFC east" forum, isnt that the entire point of that forum?

Also, do you consider all the nfldraftcountdown.com and sites like that other fan sites? Because in the draft forum, people link updated mock drafts all the time..... just because its being linked to another fan site, doesnt mean its not serving its purpose and helping conversation or initiating conversation about the Dolphins.

I agree with most of the rules, but man, some of the other ones seem right out of the Mein Kampf......
    A Guide To Forum Posts:
    http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

My Cap Page:
    LINK!
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Land Locked Dolfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Dakota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I, for one, am extremely glad finheaven is choosing to have some decent standards and enforce them. A person might get some points inadvertently (i.e. accidentally placing soething in the wrong forum) but most of the penalties are for those who are purposely obnoxious. Thanks for keeping this forum a fun place to come!
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Wants his bottle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sounds to me like someone used to work for the local department of motor vehicles.....too many points on your liscense maybe....LOL. too bad we all couldnt see everyone else misguided steps though, that would have been fun.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Wants his bottle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    maybe you could clarify the linking of other fan web sites and all that, i dont get that part. are you saying that if i read something on another site that i cant put on this one? and what exactly do you mean about "quotes in your sig" exactly? if you have time let me know thanks.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S.Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well the way I see it is we all agree about some rules and disagree about others we like some and don't like others or understand them, but there is really nothing we as individuals can do about it. There are just too many members to please all. I have my own prblems with this site and the way things are handled, but at the same time I undestand as with anything there is give and take.

I love this site and I want to reamain a member, sometimes I have to hold myself back because I know I may get in trouble if I cross the line. It's just not worth the trouble I may get into if I do cross the line. I read the warning system rules and undestand them. I may not agree with all of them, but at the same time others might. So with a site this big this will always be the case. It's basically, you're damaned if you do and you're damned if you don't for the Mods and Admin. They won't be able to please everyone.

I have been to other football sites and I am a member of some, I have to say this is the largest site I have been to. I don't know if there are sites as large or larger, but this one is pretty big. I do like the fact that insults of any kind are not allowed. Sometimes it's hard to move on without insults especially when you get into a heated debate, but in the end it makes for a more mature site. It also eliminates trolls that are just out to argue about everything.

I think the reason this site is what it is ,is because of the planning and foresight used by the mods and Admin. here. I kind of enjoy the fact that my team has one of the best football sites on the planet. I also love having some very knowledable members such as Boomer and CK giving their vast knowledge of football and it's very appreciated!! I could name about 10 more members because there is plenty of football knowledge here. Enjoy this site folks it's a great one. Remember if you're an adult and take that attitude before posting you should never find yourself on the wrong side of the warning meter!! JMO.
    Quote Quote