Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 282930313233

Thread: ***Attention all Members:***

1. -321
    wiley veteran bad spelur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hey Gonz, saaaay you are in the lounge and an emergancy happens in the Dolphin forum, is there like a special signal we can give you to bring your service. Could we get a "panic" button maybe...shaped like a babe? When the emergancy occurs it will be to late to ask questions, action will be needed, we need a button now.
    Quote Quote  

2. -322
    I'm on my comma

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by d-day
    yeah sure - why not - i've got this lil french girl that i keep on stand-by strictly for the crue - still got my number?
    French? :groucho:

Quote Quote  

3. -323
    Johannus Paulus II

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miramar
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WharfRat
    I fixed it for ya :wink:

Also added your badge...

Now quit yer cryin!

Thanks
    Major props to JT for the sig.

Click on VIP badge to Join

Quote Quote  

4. -324
    Johannus Paulus II

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miramar
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

5. -325
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by cnc66
    hey Gonz, saaaay you are in the lounge and an emergancy happens in the Dolphin forum, is there like a special signal we can give you to bring your service. Could we get a "panic" button maybe...shaped like a babe? When the emergancy occurs it will be to late to ask questions, action will be needed, we need a button now.
    I was thinking of a spotlight-style approach, in this shape:

Be warned, however, that I may be the laziest superhero ever. Sometimes I simply have more important things to do like stare at the wall and look for images of Elvis in the plaster.

They're there...

Quote Quote  

6. -326
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WharfRat
    ummmm.... no you don't
    no, maybe I didn't context that statement right. I meant I would have 6 points if the hypothetical situation I described in that post were to occure. It was just an example of a possible situation.

Sorry if I worded it wrong.
    Quote Quote  

7. -327
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inFINSible
    No need to worry too much....as has been clarified in this thread many times....we know that people will accidently post in the wrong forum because of an honest belief that they are posting in the right place....we KNOW.....this rule is mainly for people that we have to move threads over and over again....you'll be fine...we aren't going to start giving points to members who make mistakes....we'll handle it mostly just like we do now....simply move the threads with no warning....it's just for the repeat offenders, and the ones who start their posts with "I know this is the wrong forum but, "'.....
    Thank you so many posts in this thread I read several but then had to leave and wanted to get my two cents in...:wink:

I'm glad it was covered and sorry I didn't read more to find that out before I posted.

Keep up the good work guys and gals... I thouroughly enjoy this site, the only one I visit daily, actually about 5 to 10 times daily.
    Quote Quote  

8. -328
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rehoboth Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inFINSible
    Ladies and Gentlemen introducing FinHeaven's new and improved warning system!

As you may have noticed in the bottom left corner of your posts, under your user information, there's is a warning level meter.

How that works is, we are going to assign points to various violations of the TOS. Each time a poster violates a rule he/she will be warned with a PM and a notation in the post. The member can also click on the warning percentage icon to see his/her warning information, including your violation, how many points it was worth, when those points will expire and which staff member issued the warning.

Each user can only see their own warning level while Admins and Mods can see Everyones.

I think it's important to note that, like I mentioned, your warning points will come with an expiration date. This essentially allows you to wipe the slate clean after a predetermined length of time. The length of time will be 30 days for a first offense....60 days for a second offense.....and 90 days for a third offense. These lengths are non-negotiable.

Now, there may come a time when you disagree with a warning, at that point it's best to handle that through the proper channels, which are to private message the staff member who issued the warning or, if you aren't able to use the private message system, use the Questions and Suggestions forum. Off-topic complaining in the thread that your warning is issued, or creating a complaint thread in the wrong forum, will result in another warning and more points being added. So please think before you react.

When a member reaches 10 points he or she will be banned for an amount of time to be determined by the staff. The member will also be sent a PM explaining the length of time the ban will last and the reason for the ban. The member will be able to read private messages but, not send.

Your only recourse at this time is to contact an Admin by e-mail and wait until he gets back to you.

Creating another user name to circumvent your ban, will result in more time being added to your ban, or eventually, permanent bannishment from this site.

We hope that most members can see the positive side of this system which gives everyone plenty of warning and a chance to improve their standing before any action is taken. We want everyone to enjoy this site and we don't ever want to have to ban anyone but, we feel like this way provides all our members with the comfort of knowing exactly what we expect, and knowing that we will be doing our best to make everyone's time here enjoyable and problem free.

I'm going to show the points totals here but, remember if you need to see them again, they will be added to the TOS for your viewing pleasure. We recomend you reveiw the full TOS while you're there.
    Anyway, here they are...

First Offense:
    Personal Attack - 4pts
    Circumventing Profanity Filter - 2pts
    Off-Topic\Wrong Fourm - 2pts
    Sig Size - 1pt
    Breaking News/Misleading thread titles - 2pts
    Posting full article - 1pt
    Spam/linking to other fan sites - 2pts
    Annoyance - 3pts
    Quoted text in sig - 1pt
    Altering quoted text - 2pts
    Multiple username - 2pts

At first glance the totals may look low but, there is another part of the system that i haven't mentioned yet.....A second offense, doubles the point total, and a third offense triples it.

In the case of a personal attack, you don't go from 4 to 8, you go from 4 to 12. That means two personall attacks within 30 days nets you time off and 8 of those points extend for 60 days.

Any questions our comments are welcome in this thread. Please, tell us what you think.

Thank You,

FinHeaven Staff
    This is really great!! There was no kindergarten when I was growing up!!
    DD..................the #1 Delaware Dolfan !!!

Doing things you don't have to do today will help to determine where you'll be tomorrow when you can't do anything about it!
    Quote Quote