Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Attention all Members:***

1. -31
    Ruler of the Universe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins05:NewHope
    I like this site...I really do.....but some of these rules are harsh....not well thought out...and are gonna hurt alot of your long time members. This will deter some people from coming back here.....hey I am waiting for my tax return to make a donation here....cuz I like it so much....but Im not donating to this site under these rules. Just my thoughts....I hope you dont get points for your thoughts.
    You have been a member for a little under a year. You have 660 posts (which means you have enjoyed yourself).

You have stipulations for a donation?

The site has been getting along fine years prior to your proposed penance.

Heil Infinsible.....
    After he laid out N.Y. Giants cover boy Frank Gifford and forced a fumble, "Concrete Charlie" Bednarik stood over Gifford's motionless body and emphatically declared.......

This game is over!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwarp
    Doc, this is exactly the case. We had many members who had quotes in there sigs for the sole purpose of making fun of them. Some members got way out of hand with this and had 4 quotes in there sigs.
    One Question MindWarp OR any other mod...

So can you have quotes of say Saban? Or other players? Or maybe some famous person that says something worth remembering?

Meaning is this restriction ONLY on quoting members?
    Offseason again... at least this one should be exciting!
    -Oboy

Thanks to CrunchTime for the Sig banners.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Captain Caveman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    1st overall draft pick
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oboy

So can you have quotes of say Saban? Or other players? Or maybe some famous person that says something worth remembering?

yes the restriction is only on quoting members.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Underpaying All Free Agents

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yikes. I know you guys are going to stick to your guns on these rules, but I agree with everyone that has posted already on this thread that the annoyance rule is really unclear, the quotes in the sig rule needs to be further specified so that only excessive or mean quotes are penalized, and the wrong forum rule is wayyyyy too strict. When new members come to the site, they're going to just post wherever they want because they are new. That's like hitting them with a penalty as soon as they arrive. If you have been around for a while, its still possible to mess up accidentally once in a while.
    Like I said, I know you guys are going to stick to your guns, but its also important to listen to the members of your site. Just giving a heads up.

The Miami Dolphins: Your home for QBs weeping in the fetal position since 1999.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    If you want to, we can supply you.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good stuff.

Regardless of the details, I think it sends a message. I also think the mods/admins are more than lenient enough and fair enough that the majority of posters who have adhered to the rules in the past won't get caught up in the new system.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Bon vivant

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oboy

Again, the penalty should only be for quoting members with antagonistic intent. I know I've quoted another member in my sig at some point because it was simply an awesome quote. It would be ridiculous to punish that.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The other stuff Im totally cool with though, just to inform you. Dont want to get in trouble just for putting in feedback.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOD
    You have been a member for a little under a year. You have 660 posts (which means you have enjoyed yourself).

You have stipulations for a donation?

The site has been getting along fine years prior to your proposed penance.

Heil Infinsible.....
    This post is just silly. It's not cool to antagonize someone for their inexperience on the site.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ban zod
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Drunken Sailor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portsmouth, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am torn about this. The warning system is a good idea in theory, though I worry about how strict this should be. I believe that some of the more borderline violations(for example a thread about what it would take to get Cutler in the main forum), should just be moved with no points. Lets face it, we understand that the mods have to make judgement calls from time to time; regular posters do too. If I were to post a thread about trading Ricky Williams for a chance at Cutler, that could reasonably be posted in the Main, Trade or Draft forums; no matter which one you choose, if a mod is having a bad day I could be wrong and missed two right answers. I believe the only time points should be assesed for posting in the wrong forum is if it is blatently off topic, for example if I posted my infamous "cooler" thread in the main forum(I still want it back, InFins, I am not kidding)
    PARTNERSHIP FOR A BUFFALO BILLS FREE AMERICA
    Quote Quote