Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Attention all Members:***

1. -61
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    New sig coming soon!
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lower Delaware
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philter25
    A Q on "linking to other fan sites"

Do you consider miamidolphins.com another fan site? Also, some people keep more updated stuff on other fan sites. Both Merman and myself have talked about the salary cap before.... I know he keeps a regularly updated salary cap page that I have linked to before. That shouldnt be against the TOS. Its promoting discussion about the Miami Dolphins and its a little more in detail than the cap page we have on here.

What about if something is posted on billszone that is directly related to us? In the "beast of the AFC east" forum, isnt that the entire point of that forum?

Also, do you consider all the nfldraftcountdown.com and sites like that other fan sites? Because in the draft forum, people link updated mock drafts all the time..... just because its being linked to another fan site, doesnt mean its not serving its purpose and helping conversation or initiating conversation about the Dolphins.

I agree with most of the rules, but man, some of the other ones seem right out of the Mein Kampf......

AT the hunting site I am a mod. at we allow you to post links to other sites if it is pertinant to the conversation, and is needed to make a point or back up some facts. I would have to believe that is also the case here. If not then they are being a little to strick over something that is not tring to take members away, but by being that strict will drive members away.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    omfg this is awesome!
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Olney, IL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by feelthepain
    Well the way I see it is we all agree about some rules and disagree about others we like some and don't like others or understand them, but there is really nothing we as individuals can do about it. There are just too many members to please all. I have my own prblems with this site and the way things are handled, but at the same time I undestand as with anything there is give and take.

I love this site and I want to reamain a member, sometimes I have to hold myself back because I know I may get in trouble if I cross the line. It's just not worth the trouble I may get into if I do cross the line. I read the warning system rules and undestand them. I may not agree with all of them, but at the same time others might. So with a site this big this will always be the case. It's basically, you're damaned if you do and you're damned if you don't for the Mods and Admin. They won't be able to please everyone.

I have been to other football sites and I am a member of some, I have to say this is the largest site I have been to. I don't know if there are sites as large or larger, but this one is pretty big. I do like the fact that insults of any kind are not allowed. Sometimes it's hard to move on without insults especially when you get into a heated debate, but in the end it makes for a more mature site. It also eliminates trolls that are just out to argue about everything.

I think the reason this site is what it is ,is because of the planning and foresight used by the mods and Admin. here. I kind of enjoy the fact that my team has one of the best football sites on the planet. I also love having some very knowledable members such as Boomer and CK giving their vast knowledge of football and it's very appreciated!! I could name about 10 more members because there is plenty of football knowledge here. Enjoy this site folks it's a great one. Remember if you're an adult and take that attitude before posting you should never find yourself on the wrong side of the warning meter!! JMO.

Well said, I love this sight and this is will be good for the future. It's just hard to make everyone happy, now people are thinking things are being taken away from them. Any new member who comes along will be like, OK these are the rules, and will enjoy the Dolphins with us. Once the new wears off of the rules no one will think anything of it, just like the previous new/enforcement of the sig/avy rules.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok...
    Here's the scoop folks.
    This is based on rules that have been a part of the TOS for quite some time now. If you've not read the TOS that you agreed to when you signed up, perhaps now would be a good time to do so..... you can find it here:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=1655

Also... this is only to make our jobs easier. In fact, it makes things less "harsh" for you all as well... for instance, instead of getting banned for 24 hrs with a first or second offense of a personal attack...you get warning points, that have the ability to expire after a period of time.
    For those who say "you should be warned before getting points" .... ummm...that's what this is...a WARNING system... you getting points = you being warned.
    To answer someone's question...no...bolding text in someone's quote is not something we even look at...it's changing the context of the quote.
    As for quoting other people in your sig...why is it not obvoius as to why that's against TOS? It's a personal attack..a deliberate attempt to ridicule someone else. period.
    Seriously folks...these rules have been here... some have been ammended over time... but there's nothing new about them.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Don't touch the nipple Focker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Naples, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't see this meter. Please define circumventing the profanity filter.
    This space is reserved for comment after the Draft. At that point, hope will begin.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Captain Caveman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    1st overall draft pick
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS DEEP

@ss or @$$ B!tch or FuK or anything.. Common Sence
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Captain Caveman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    1st overall draft pick
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwarp
    @ss or @$$ B!tch or FuK or anything.. Common Sence

great now I got to go warn myself! :wink:
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS DEEP
    circumventing the profanity filter = subsituting characters for letters in order to "fool" the profanity filter from doing this: ****
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Wants his bottle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    3 times too. and i find common sense annoying....
    Quote Quote