Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How I would change the United States

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

How I would change the United States

First of all I would stop bringing in these suits to lead this country. The most important quality a leader of a nation must have is dedication to protection of his country. We need a guy who is a very smart military strategist, and has an idea of what war is all about.

Secondly, I would change the presidents term from 4 to 16 years before election. The president needs time to install his system, and make a name for himself. The President is also allowed to run as many times as he wants to.

Third, I would demand 1 year of military service(not including training) for men coming out of high school. I would then shut down all the private colleges, and turn them into state funded institutions in which all men are allowed free education after they serve. This would even out the playing field, and the person who works the hardest will make the most money. All private schools(except for military boarding schools for out of control kids)for grades 1-12 will be eliminated as well.

This plan would make us a stronger, smarter, and more stable nation.

We would still be a capitalist democracy as the business would still be private, and elections will still occur.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    you are the nail

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    on shadowfax
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you're not serious
    special thanks to in flames for the avatar and sig

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    You sit on a throne of lies!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    16 years?

I do think we need to allow for a 6 year term instead of 4 for the reason you mention, but 16 years is way too long. The 2 term limit is also a good idea. In fact, I might consider just one 6 year term with the provision that there is no limit to the number of terms a President can serve -- the President simply cannot run for re-election at any point. This system has served Virginia well.

I've got so many lawyers lined up to see me, you'd think I had tobacco leaking out of my breast implants.
    - Jimmy James
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It sounds like a totalitarian government to me. Can you imagine if Bush ran the country for 16 years and he had that many soldiers?
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James
    16 years?

I do think we need to allow for a 6 year term instead of 4 for the reason you mention, but 16 years is way too long. The 2 term limit is also a good idea. In fact, I might consider just one 6 year term with the provision that there is no limit to the number of terms a President can serve -- the President simply cannot run for re-election at any point. This system has served Virginia well.
    Well if they installed my system we wouldn't want too many new leaders. My system gives more power to the exuctive branch, and assuming the first guy in power would install this system he would be the best leader. For example, if Russia had Karl Marx as leader instead of Stalin we would think of communism in a whole new perspective.

In our current system I believe we should have an election every 8 years instead of 4. It's too hard to judge someone in 4 years.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Sporty Don

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Beach, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennFoley
    First of all I would stop bringing in these suits to lead this country. The most important quality a leader of a nation must have is dedication to protection of his country. We need a guy who is a very smart military strategist, and has an idea of what war is all about.

Secondly, I would change the presidents term from 4 to 16 years before election. The president needs time to install his system, and make a name for himself. The President is also allowed to run as many times as he wants to.

Third, I would demand 1 year of military service(not including training) for men coming out of high school. I would then shut down all the private colleges, and turn them into state funded institutions in which all men are allowed free education after they serve. This would even out the playing field, and the person who works the hardest will make the most money. All private schools(except for military boarding schools for out of control kids)for grades 1-12 will be eliminated as well.

We would still be a capitalist democracy as the business would still be private, and elections will still occur.
    Are women stuck in the kitchen in this utopia? 16 year terms and no limit to how many times they can run is a horrible idea. You're giving way to much power to one person and basically begging a dictator to take over. Also someone who is a smart military strategist is great, but what does your military strategist do when we arent at war and he needs to look at domestic policy?

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rehoboth Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks

16 yrs is too long in case we get a real dweeb in there somehow. I would go along with unlimited terms and as long as he is doing good and the ppl want him, then why not?

On the rest??? Better don your thickest skin!!! "D "D
    DD..................the #1 Delaware Dolfan !!!

Doing things you don't have to do today will help to determine where you'll be tomorrow when you can't do anything about it!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    all dumb ideas.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The Decider

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Not in Clearwater
    Thanks / No Thanks

1) Thats one quality. What about foreign/ domestic policy? Understanding the economy etc etc...boiling it down to being a good military strategist is pretty silly.

2) Thats a horrible idea. Clinton would still be in office. I bet you would love it if that happened.

3) you would shut down private colleges and school? WTF??? Why in the world would you do that? Even with your silly plan of involuntary service. Why would you shut down a 300 year old private institution? You're going to tell Harvard, that they are now run by the state? LOL. Wow, is that ridiculous.

Oh and in case you didnt know, people who go through the military ALREADY get most of their tuition paid for through the gvt.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABrownLamp
    1) Thats one quality. What about foreign/ domestic policy? Understanding the economy etc etc...boiling it down to being a good military strategist is pretty silly.

2) Thats a horrible idea. Clinton would still be in office. I bet you would love it if that happened.

3) you would shut down private colleges and school? WTF??? Why in the world would you do that? Even with your silly plan of involuntary service. Why would you shut down a 300 year old private institution? You're going to tell Harvard, that they are now run by the state? LOL. Wow, is that ridiculous.

Oh and in case you didnt know, people who go through the military ALREADY get most of their tuition paid for through the gvt.
    1) A strong military strategist is a smart person. Look at Fidel Castro, he outlasted 9 american presidents. If you understand war, you understand forigen policy. Plus with such an upgraded army we would be able to take whatever we want, and as a result the economy will be better.

2)That's your opinon not mine

3) Colleges like Harvard hurt our economy. All colleges will be equal in my system. The people who run Harvard, and the other private colleges will be forced out. If they fail to meet our demands they will be arrested.
    Quote Quote