Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Phins Cap situation According to NFL.com

Hybrid View

1. -1
    The Beautiful Mrs. AC.....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

'Phins Cap situation According to NFL.com

"The cuts (Madison, Howard, McIntosh & Jones) put the Dolphins under the $94.5 million salary cap, assuming there will be no extension of the league's collective bargaining agreement."

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/9276766
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hoof Hearted

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hmmm.....interesting.....I'm not sure anyone really knows right now if the fins are under or over....seems like everyone has conflicting ideas.
    2014 Mock:
    1) Ryan Shazier LB
    2) Tre Mason RB
    3) Joe Bitonio OT/OG
    4) Billy Turner OT
    5) Trai Turner OG
    6) Gabe Ikard OC/OG
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    "The Sticker Dunk"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We are under the 94 million... but that isnt taking into account the incentives... the incentives are going to cost 10 mill
    The Future of Miami

Where there's a will... There's a Wade...

Quote Originally Posted by Wade after Game 3
    You know what is weird? My most confident point in the game was when we were down 13 points. I said to myself 'I'm not going out like this.'

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So who is to blame for this cap mess the Dolphins have ? Saban and crew ? or Wannspiel ? Could Saban have fixed it last year or was it already screwed by then ?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Beastin'

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Commack, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no CBA is to blame... as you can see we are under the 94 mil... but since there will be no cap next year, all the incentives that would have been paid next season are due this year, which equals 10 million extra dollars that wasn't expected to be deducted from this years cap... thast whats killing us most i think...

Koa Konstrictor
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I understand that, but it seems some teams like the Green Bay Packers anticipated this, because they are already $ 20 million under the cap.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    2 Babes and a little paint, sweet!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so let me get this straight:

no CBA, cap is 94 mill, which we are under though barely, but no CBA pushes the incentives up a year costing us another 10 mill, thus our cap is actually only 84 mill which we are over, so we need to cut players.

with a CBA, cap is increased to anywhere from 104 - 110 mill. the incentives are then recognized next year and not moved up to this years cap, so us being at 94 mill cap is actually about 10 - 16 mill under WITHOUT any further cuts. then we cur Frerotte, free up another 7 mill, makes for signing Brees, Ashworth, Polk (LB from Hou) and still have some room to play.

I guess I really want the CBA agreed upon then.
    Time for the 'Phins of the future to play like the 'Phins of the past. Bring it on.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Prove It!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DC Area
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finresurrection
    so let me get this straight:

no CBA, cap is 94 mill, which we are under though barely, but no CBA pushes the incentives up a year costing us another 10 mill, thus our cap is actually only 84 mill which we are over, so we need to cut players.

with a CBA, cap is increased to anywhere from 104 - 110 mill. the incentives are then recognized next year and not moved up to this years cap, so us being at 94 mill cap is actually about 10 - 16 mill under WITHOUT any further cuts. then we cur Frerotte, free up another 7 mill, makes for signing Brees, Ashworth, Polk (LB from Hou) and still have some room to play.

I guess I really want the CBA agreed upon then.
    Exactly....by George I think he's got it...the rain in spain sits mainly on the plain.
    BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
    - Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No....the incentives were earned in 2005 and come off 2006 cap as part of Miami's cap adjustment......the "uncapped" 2007 changes how these same incentives count on 2006 cap for those earned during 2006....
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    No....the incentives were earned in 2005 and come off 2006 cap as part of Miami's cap adjustment......the "uncapped" 2007 changes how these same incentives count on 2006 cap for those earned during 2006....
    Clumpy,

I was wondering because of all the incentives are prorated on to this years cap if there is no agreement, can you tell me if we will gain some cap room immmediately from those incentives being taken off our salary cap if the deal gets signed?

I'd also like to thank you for all the work you do on the cap stuff. I appreciate it and helps me understand the Phins just a little more.
    Quote Quote