Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Probably old news but....(Anthony Simmons)

1. -1
    Getting geeked for 2003!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Probably old news but....

Seahawks | Tagging Jones Makes Simmons Free - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
    4:53 PT: Updating previous reports, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports, since the Seattle Seahawks placed their franchise tag on OT Walter Jones, they will not be able to tag LB Anthony Simmons. They cannot place a transition tag on Simmons because the team has already used the two they were allotted when free agency began in 1993. Simmons is now expected to test the free agent market in March.

He would make a great sign and that's one more 1st tier LB on the market. God I love FA and the draft.
    ''I think any special accomplishment is always preceded by some adversity,'' Wannstedt said. ``If you funnel that adversity in a positive way, it can make the difference.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ephemeral

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Simmons is actually my preference. Spikes is good, but the reality is it isn't going to happen. Simmons fits our defense to a T. He is my LB of choice......
    Last edited by Baz; 02-20-2003 at 06:03 PM.
    Coin toss at the Emerald Bowl......
    _
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that..." ~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
    _
    "Seek to understand before you seek to be understood..."
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You mean Simmons fits to a T?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Ephemeral

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LMAO. Yeah, thats what I meant. I've been in class all day, so my brain is a little fried. I still have my Bio lab too, so I apologize in advance for any dumb mistakes. I'm gonna fix it right now.......
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Simmons had said he wanted 4mil or something, so we cannot afford him for now, but he would make our D as good as TBs IMO
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Dolphins Homer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S.F. Bay Area
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I doubt Simmons gets a number like 4 mil. I don't really care out of the big names which one we get. Simmons, Peterson, Claiborne, Spikes or Colvin are better than what we have.

I just wish we had more money to toss at someone like David Boston and Sammy Knight and a linebacker. If I had to choose one though it would be a tossup between an OLB and Sammy Knight.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You're only allowed to use the transition tag twice and then thats IT????

Wow I didn't know that.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Dolphins Homer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S.F. Bay Area
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ck, that was news to me too, I think it has to be within a given timeframe or something. Like maybe twice in ten years? Clumpy would know for sure.

This allows me to segway into something that has been irking me for awhile. The NFL salary cap situation is so god danged convoluted and confusing that I bet half of the GM's don't understand it completely. I think they need to simplify the whole darn thing. Make it easier for everyone to know just what the hell is going on.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tough decisions ahead.

Sign David Boston and we could cut James McKnight, sign Willie Jackson for the minimum, let Rob Konrad go because his skills won't be needed as much (we could do with Femi and Dyer)...we'd probably be faced with keeping Rodgers at a reduced price, and maybe letting Tim Ruddy go. Through a series of moves we'd probably only be able to take care of the offensive line through free agency and it might mean forgoing our chance at Wayne Gandy. It would mean taking care of our OLB, S, QB, and interior OL problems through the draft exclusively.

Be wary of Takeo Spikes. The franchise value for a linebacker is $5.6 million while the franchise value of a WR is only $5.1 million. It makes you wonder, if we're talking about cap hit this season, who really is going to be asking for the bigger contract? David Boston or Takeo Spikes.

Our best bet for linebacker is to wait wait wait. The longer free agency stretches on, the cheaper the asking price for guys goes and there's enough good LBers out there that we can afford to wait until we find one that we like for the price. Meanwhile someone like Boston has to be acted upon immediately, as probably does Wayne Gandy.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
    You mean Simmons fits to a T?

Just curious, what did he say originally?
    Quote Quote