Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miami reportedly 2 million under cap

1. -1
    Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks

Miami reportedly 2 million under cap

Just found this in Sun Sentinel....

Misprint or are we really already 2 million under???

If so is that with contract restructuring of anyone we haven't heard about or is this before we even restructure contracts of Ruddy, Perry, Rogers, etc.?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...lphins%2Dfront
    Last edited by Coral Reefer; 02-20-2003 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Woah thats news to me I thought we were 2 million over.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Platinum
    Woah thats news to me I thought we were 2 million over.
    Me too, that's why I'm wondering if it's a misprint.

Hope not though!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Dolphins Homer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S.F. Bay Area
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know and this is why I have a problem with the NFL Salary Cap. Nobody knows for sure what the correct figure is and it varies from site to site, person to person. Nothing is concrete and seems to change daily. It should be called the Salary CRAP!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ok it wasn't that funny I admit.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Mexico loves da fins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mexico City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just dont get it we are suposed over the cap :?

Clump any idea?????????

I love the idea of being under cap at this time before restructuring (sp)
    ZT RUDDY PERRY MCKNIGTH RODGERS

That could be just GRRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTT
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There's nothing wrong with the salary cap in the NFL. Its the media that has a problem with the salary cap. The bottom line is the media is either too lazy or just plain not privy to all the details of who is getting paid what so they do not have an accurate account of where teams are in relation to the cap. I've heard everything from the phins being $2 mil over the cap to now $2 mil under the cap and even more.

This is why I keep telling clumped that his extremely detailed salary cap analyses might as well be flushed down the toilet with the feces because unless he gets his source from looking at the team accountants' records and whatnot, there's no way he could know especially to that degree of detail. I don't shy away from long detailed posts that take a lot of stat research and whatnot (in fact I think I'm becoming known for my verbose nature round here) but trying to do that with the salary cap is an exercise in futility because even if you get hold of every player's base salary, and every player's signing bonus, there's still a zillion other things that can affect the salary cap like roster bonuses, escalator clauses, and incentives be they likely to be achieved incentives or not likely to be achieved incentives....or incentives that were achieved last year.

I fear only Rick Spielman and co. really know where we are in relation to the salary cap. And all we know about that is Rick said that we are in better shape than last year, and that we should be fine and we don't really have to cut or restructure anyone unless something MAJOR happens. And when asked what that something MAJOR is, Rick said specifically if we see a premium guy out there in the market that we really want....then we'll do some capology moves.

Whats interesting about that is Rick said that quite a while ago, and since he made that statement the Dolphins have begun extending Zach's contract, trying to restructure/paycut Derrick Rodgers, doing the same to James McKnight, and doing the same to Tim Ruddy. It kind of makes you wonder, if Rick said we'll be fine in free agency without doing that kind of stuff unless something MAJOR happens....well, what happened that made them decide to go ahead and put the screws to the salary cap anyway? Could it be that the Dolphins do indeed see someone MAJOR that they wanna go after?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Insider

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

CAP................ Logic

Well said CK. NO ONE KNOWS WHERE ANY TEAM REALLY STANDS OTHER THAN THE TEAM'S OWN CAPOLOGISTS.........PERIOD.

We need to trust that the Dolphin orginization knows a bit more about what they can or can not do in free agency than any internet info junkie, accountant type fan. No disrespect to all the hard detailed analysis that has been done around here, ( I do some myself) but CK has stated it as eloquently as it can be said in the post above........ end of story until the fun begins.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The High Tech Bong Monkey!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dallas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've heard two sites say that the Dolphins are $334,000 over. One site that I found it was on ESPN. I think I also saw it on CBSSportsline or something like that but I can't remember. Not enough brain cells left after last night.

But some teams are way under the cap such as the Cards. No wonder they suck, they aren't willing to spend the cash to pay for the top performers. No wonder why players want out of Arizona. Cheap ass owners ruining that team. But then look at the Raiders, $39.07 million over. But then again they spent that money to win the Super Bowl. At least they got there. I think that a few contracts will be restructured and some will be cut outright.
    Of course, we can't forget that D. Gardner is still taking his share of our cap dollars.
    Ask me about the Miami Dolphins "Game of the Week" during the offseason.

Miami Dolphins DVD Video Library
    Now hosting Miami Dolphins games on DVD including the games like
    '85 Bears game, Fake Spike game, and the '94 shoot out vs Patriots!!

Games available for your iPhone and iPod Touch!
    PM for details
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by ckparrothead
    There's nothing wrong with the salary cap in the NFL. Its the media that has a problem with the salary cap. The bottom line is the media is either too lazy or just plain not privy to all the details of who is getting paid what so they do not have an accurate account of where teams are in relation to the cap. I've heard everything from the phins being $2 mil over the cap to now $2 mil under the cap and even more.

This is why I keep telling clumped that his extremely detailed salary cap analyses might as well be flushed down the toilet with the feces because unless he gets his source from looking at the team accountants' records and whatnot, there's no way he could know especially to that degree of detail. I don't shy away from long detailed posts that take a lot of stat research and whatnot (in fact I think I'm becoming known for my verbose nature round here) but trying to do that with the salary cap is an exercise in futility because even if you get hold of every player's base salary, and every player's signing bonus, there's still a zillion other things that can affect the salary cap like roster bonuses, escalator clauses, and incentives be they likely to be achieved incentives or not likely to be achieved incentives....or incentives that were achieved last year.

I fear only Rick Spielman and co. really know where we are in relation to the salary cap. And all we know about that is Rick said that we are in better shape than last year, and that we should be fine and we don't really have to cut or restructure anyone unless something MAJOR happens. And when asked what that something MAJOR is, Rick said specifically if we see a premium guy out there in the market that we really want....then we'll do some capology moves.

Whats interesting about that is Rick said that quite a while ago, and since he made that statement the Dolphins have begun extending Zach's contract, trying to restructure/paycut Derrick Rodgers, doing the same to James McKnight, and doing the same to Tim Ruddy. It kind of makes you wonder, if Rick said we'll be fine in free agency without doing that kind of stuff unless something MAJOR happens....well, what happened that made them decide to go ahead and put the screws to the salary cap anyway? Could it be that the Dolphins do indeed see someone MAJOR that they wanna go after?
    i hope its david boston! im starting to wet myself thinking aobut him and chambers together! yowsa yowsa yowsa! i think any negatives for boston would change with a new scene. yeah baby!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Getting geeked for 2003!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Boston would be a great addition because he would help out Fiedler tremendously. He's a physical speciman and all you really need to do is throw it up and he will come down with it. He's basically a faster version of Shockey. He very well could make Fiedler a pro bowler.
    ''I think any special accomplishment is always preceded by some adversity,'' Wannstedt said. ``If you funnel that adversity in a positive way, it can make the difference.
    Quote Quote