Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Same Old Story!

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Same Old Story!

Yep, its another year and another offseason where the fins are crying out for a huge FA splash in Drew Brees. Unfortunately for these fans they again will be disappointed and think the sky is falling, which it won't be. I just don't see us getting brees. He is going to cost a ton and his health is a question mark, I just don't see saban spending the farm on brees or any FA. All I am saying is if we don't sign him, please don't cry "the end of the world", there are always options.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    unknown quantity

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    northeast ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Saban2005
    Yep, its another year and another offseason where the fins are crying out for a huge FA splash in Drew Brees. Unfortunately for these fans they again will be disappointed and think the sky is falling, which it won't be. I just don't see us getting brees. He is going to cost a ton and his health is a question mark, I just don't see saban spending the farm on brees or any FA. All I am saying is if we don't sign him, please don't cry "the end of the world", there are always options.
    I'm sure we will do a creative deal with easy to reach incentives. Brees will be a fin. no question.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Land Locked Dolfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Dakota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would like Brees but I'm not going to pull a 'Chicken Little' if we don't get him. I also have a few reservations but I think the upside outweighs them. If we can get Brees without breaking the bank then lets do it. If not, then we will continue to look for a QB through the draft or other low level FAs that could be developed. I'm not worried, but I sure would rather have the comfort of a franchise QB to count on year after year!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only way we get him is if we break the bank, I just don't see another way. And what bothers me more is he rejected SD last proposal because it was incentive based and he wants more garrenteed money regardless of his injury.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Finfansince75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brees is good, no doubt, but I still believe there are better options and besides we need a good rookie to develop... let's hope for a 12-4 years this coming year

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well I actually think it is more likely we get Brees now, we have to. We are gonna cut Gus which leaves us Lemon as the only qb on the roster. We arent going to trade for Culpepper and they wont release him, you dont just cut someone like Culpepper IMO. He wouldnt be cheap either. The other qbs like JM or Ramsey arent any better than Gus and have been reported the Fins dont see Ramsey as anything other than a backup. JM hasnt shown that he is a more viable solution than Gus, he may be, but his play hasnt backed that up. Go with what you know vs the gamble potential may be reached simply by changing teams. he hasnt shown the mental maturity that good qbs show.

Unless we just cant work a contract that suits Brees, he will be here. JMO
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll be shot for this, but I beleive Kitna is a better option. I always thought he got the raw end of the deal in cincy. He isn't injuried, and he will be more reasonable.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll be shot for this, but I beleive Kitna is a better option. I always thought he got the raw end of the deal in cincy. He isn't injuried, and he will be more reasonable.
    They won't let him go since Palmer got hurt...they need Kitna.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Two time probowl QBs on the short side of 30 don't hit the market very often.

I'd be very surprised if Brees doesn't blow into Miami very soon after free agency begins.
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    King of the Wild Frontier

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only way we get him is if we break the bank, I just don't see another way. And what bothers me more is he rejected SD last proposal because it was incentive based and he wants more garrenteed money regardless of his injury.
    Wouldn't you? Look, Brees has also said that the SD offer didn't include much, if any, signing bonus. That tells me that depite Marty Schottenheimer's objections, their GM, AJ Smith, really doesn't want Brees back and is making him an offer he knows Brees will refuse just to try and save some face.

Personally, I doubt any team will want to just give him a large contract without some form of protection. And it wouldn't suprise me if Miami lets him shop a little before offering a contract.
    Quote Quote