Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Government out of control with control!

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Catharpin, Va
    Thanks / No Thanks

Government out of control with control!

How did we come to this after everything our ancestors fought for? How have we become a nation that is so focused on everyone else’s business and what is right and wrong, to impose law on everyone else for our beliefs?

Everyone MUST wear a seatbelt?
    Everyone MUST wear a helmet?
    You MUST put a label on a mower that says “Don’t put hands or feet under mower while in operation?
    You MUST put a label on everything that can possibly affect you in 1 way or another, from fat content of a bag of chips to the hazards of swallowing gasoline!

No matter where you are at there is a government law that says you can’t do this or that…

We have finally done it! We have reverted back to the days of the Redcoats and American militia… We have done it as individuals and as a society… We have the right to sign petitions to control everyone else’s lives…

It doesn’t take too much to put the ball in motion… All you need is a couple of thousand signatures to get your wants and desires added to a bill, in fine print no less, to make it a law…

There was a post out here that toyed with the idea of giving our individual right to vote to a congressman or senator… This would essentially say that the congressman or senator that was elected for each state would have the right to make the decision on who would be president… Once we elect these officials, we would have no say in who would be president. Geez! How smart is that?

We, as a nation, have given TOO MUCH power to the federal government! And this is just not making laws, but we expect them to take care of us, in time of need like Social security, disaster response/recovery, being out of a job, seatbelts, spending cash (limit of 9,999.99), and on and on… Do we as individuals depend on our government to take care of us when hardship happens? If they don’t, where are we then?

We have no one to blame but ourselves… When one person gets a hair up their ###, they find a few that agree and boom! New law!!!

We, as a nation are greedy and spoiled! 85% of the population could not survive if it depended on their abilities to survive without help… How many people do you know that could find alternative means of survival if we lost electricity? Think about it! How many can garden? How many will hunt for food/meat? How many could not go a week without toilet paper, light, cooking, no grocery stores, no gasoline or water… and on and on…

Think about the ships at sea that rely on GPS… How many people do you think there are that can still navigate with a sexton?

We have been dumbed down throughout the centuries… We are relying too much on our government to do things for us. They have the power now… We gave it to them… How can we change it? Can we change it?

I am sure that when our forefathers drew up the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and other documents that govern our nation, they didn't have this in mind...

Props to In Flames for the SICK SIG!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    You sit on a throne of lies!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You know, there are any number of other nations that do things differently. You're welcome to check out any time you like.

I've got so many lawyers lined up to see me, you'd think I had tobacco leaking out of my breast implants.
    - Jimmy James
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Catharpin, Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James
    You know, there are any number of other nations that do things differently. You're welcome to check out any time you like.
    Very funny Jimmy..... I will NEVER give up my homeland! I think you get my point though...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FINintheMOON
    Everyone MUST wear a seatbelt? Everyone MUST wear a helmet?
    If you're over 18, it is not against the law to not wear a seatbelt or a helmet in New Hampshire. Look at that rebel John Kerry, the flip-flopper without a cause, in New Hampshire:

That said, I don't recommend going without either one...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    You sit on a throne of lies!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FINintheMOON
    Very funny Jimmy..... I will NEVER give up my homeland! I think you get my point though...
    No, I don't get your point. If these things pain you, it seems to me that either working to change them or finding somewhere that is more compatible with your values makes far more sense than complaining about it does.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Catharpin, Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz
    If you're over 18, it is not against the law to not wear a seatbelt or a helmet in New Hampshire. Look at that rebel John Kerry, the flip-flopper without a cause, in New Hampshire:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/journaledito...ng_pic_fl2.jpg

That said, I don't recommend going without either one...
    Bet he voted for the laws though! (Of course that is only speculation....)
    Quote Quote