Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: And the poll #s get worse

1. -1
    Sporty Don

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Beach, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks

And the poll #s get worse

The poll suggests that most Americans wonder whether Bush is up to the job. The survey, conducted Monday through Wednesday of 1,000 people, found that just 37 percent approve of his overall performance. That is the lowest of his presidency.
    Bush's job approval among Republicans plummeted from 82 percent in February to 74 percent, a dangerous sign in a midterm election year when parties rely on enthusiasm from their most loyal voters. The biggest losses were among white males.
    On issues, Bush's approval rating declined from 39 percent to 36 percent for his handling of domestic affairs and from 47 percent to 43 percent on foreign policy and terrorism. His approval ratings for dealing with the economy and Iraq held steady, but still hovered around 40 percent.
    Personally, far fewer Americans consider Bush likable, honest, strong and dependable than they did just after his re-election campaign.
    By comparison, Presidents Clinton and Reagan had public approval in the mid 60s at this stage of their second terms in office, while Eisenhower was close to 60 percent, according to Gallup polls. Nixon, who was increasingly tangled up in the Watergate scandal, was in the high 20s in early 1974.
    The AP-Ipsos poll, which has a margin of error of 3 percentage points, gives Republicans reason to worry that they may inherit Bush's political woes. Two-thirds of the public disapproves of how the GOP-led Congress is handling its job and a surprising 53 percent of Republicans give Congress poor marks.

By a 47-36 margin, people favor Democrats over Republicans when they are asked who should control Congress.
    The elections can't get here quickly enough

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060310/...h/bush_ap_poll

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess the part that sucks is that Bush isn't running for anything again, so the poll is worthless. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheball
    I guess the part that sucks is that Bush isn't running for anything again, so the poll is worthless. Thanks for sharing.
    He still works for the American people, and in their opinion he is not doing his job well. An employee knowing that his boss thinks he is doing a poor job is worth something.

Its also worthwhile to know that the blinders are being lifted and people are finally comming around to what this man really is. And people are going to wonder how they could have been duped into voting for someone so bad.

Its worth something because it shapes the face of the mid-term elections by how fast and how far many Republican Congressman distance themselves from this adminsitration.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Mad Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These same polls were being posted on this board before the 2004 elections and we know how that turned out.

So, you will have to excuse us, if we are a bit skeptical.
    Free Tibet

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    You sit on a throne of lies!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DonShula84
    The elections can't get here quickly enough
    You just hit on the issue if you ask me. I may be very wrong about this, but I wonder more and more if this isn't Rove seeing to it that the President takes his swoon well before the midterm elections so Republicans don't lose control of Congress.

I've got so many lawyers lined up to see me, you'd think I had tobacco leaking out of my breast implants.
    - Jimmy James
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Sporty Don

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Beach, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheball
    Reading the entire thing before sticking your foot in your mouth would have been a great idea

By a 47-36 margin, people favor Democrats over Republicans when they are asked who should control Congress.
    If you dont think how the President performs can affect his party come election time you're insane. Pres can have coat tails and help the party, but there performance can hurt the party too.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Defender of the Truth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don, i thought you'd know better by now with all of the education everyone has had on polls.

What was the EXACT question that was asked?
    What part of the nation was this poll taken?
    How many of these respondants were registered voters?
    How many were Republican?
    How many were Democrat?
    How many voted for President Bush in the last election?
    Are there November elections in the area(s) of the nation that this poll was taken?

This could go on and on and on. But the point Don is that polls are not an accurate reflection of how people really feel. I could post the results of a Bill O'Reilly poll concerning an issue, but it wouldn't be an accurate reflection of the American people, only those who watch Bill O'Reilly.

See what I mean?

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Winston Churchill

All things being equal, when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    -Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A_USA_DS
    Don, i thought you'd know better by now with all of the education everyone has had on polls.

What was the EXACT question that was asked?
    What part of the nation was this poll taken?
    How many of these respondants were registered voters?
    How many were Republican?
    How many were Democrat?
    How many voted for President Bush in the last election?
    Are there November elections in the area(s) of the nation that this poll was taken?

This could go on and on and on. But the point Don is that polls are not an accurate reflection of how people really feel. I could post the results of a Bill O'Reilly poll concerning an issue, but it wouldn't be an accurate reflection of the American people, only those who watch Bill O'Reilly.

See what I mean?
    but all the polls from various services are showing the same thing.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Defender of the Truth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by death7star
    but all the polls from various services are showing the same thing.
    I'm no saying that Bush's numbers aren't low..they are, but depending on who took the poll and the questions I had listed above, the results of the poll vary. Think about this, if another poll came out and showed the President's numbers higher than this poll showed, which is going to get the press coverage? It's sensationalism. I guarantee you that this poll issue will be driven and driven hard until Bush's numbers are lower than Richard Nixon's...I'll bet you anything!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A_USA_DS
    I'm no saying that Bush's numbers aren't low..they are, but depending on who took the poll and the questions I had listed above, the results of the poll vary. Think about this, if another poll came out and showed the President's numbers higher than this poll showed, which is going to get the press coverage? It's sensationalism. I guarantee you that this poll issue will be driven and driven hard until Bush's numbers are lower than Richard Nixon's...I'll bet you anything!!
    they (at least fox news would) will show that poll and say bush's numbers are going up!
    Quote Quote