Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: College vs NBA

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

College vs NBA

Over the last two years, NBA has gotten less and less exciting. I'm thinking of switching to watching college bball instead of NBA (next year). I mean, March Madness is so crazy, profitable, its almost as exciting as NFL playoffs, especially with teh upsets.

Which do you think is better to watch, NBA or college?

Btw, I called Bradley and Northwestern upsets!!! Maybee thats why I'm so excited.

http://madden.awardspace.com/
    ---
    My Blog - More Madden stuff along with other random crap
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    College Basketball all the way for me.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    College Basketball...I love the Heat, but them or anyone else in the NBA doesn't come to anywhere near the excitement that the NCAA tourney has.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North of the Border
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I watch a ton of NCAA basketball.
    I haven't watched an NBA game in about 10 years. Maybe more. It's long and boring as hell.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NBA. College doesn't do it for me. Players are always consistantly changing and the "no-names" doesn't interest me.

2007 Gold Cup Champions...

United States
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    College ball is better.

1) The "THUG" eliminate isn't really in the college games. You can cheer for the players and not feel like you are rooting for a future person who will be in a place like OZ!

2) There are a ton of rivalries (Duke-UNC.....UCONN-Syracuse....etc) In the NBA you have no rivalaries that matter these days!

3) No "superstar ref-ing". Meaning watch an NBA game and Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, can travel, foul at will, and get away with damn near anything and the refs won't call it. In college the great players get no special treatment.

4) Effort. You get effort in EVERY college game. In the NBA you get guys dogging it all the time and mailing in performances.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeO
    College ball is better.

1) The "THUG" eliminate isn't really in the college games. You can cheer for the players and not feel like you are rooting for a future person who will be in a place like OZ!

2) There are a ton of rivalries (Duke-UNC.....UCONN-Syracuse....etc) In the NBA you have no rivalaries that matter these days!

3) No "superstar ref-ing". Meaning watch an NBA game and Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, can travel, foul at will, and get away with damn near anything and the refs won't call it. In college the great players get no special treatment.

4) Effort. You get effort in EVERY college game. In the NBA you get guys dogging it all the time and mailing in performances.
    Thats exactly right and the 4th reason is the most important for me.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeO
    College ball is better.

Probably the last real good exciting rivalry was the Heat-Knicks. I agree with MikeO more or less on all of these points.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The intensity level is what makes it fun to watch. Unless its a nationally televised game or something is on the line you rarely see NBA players giving it their all. As Prime Time said, the NBA has become about watching star players...you show up to watch Wade or Kobe do something spectacular.

In college ball you root for a team...helps if your an alumnus I guess. I think thats the key to a sport flourishing. The NBA went to marketing players and were able to live off of it while Jordan was around but the model is flawed. The sports that succeed are the ones where the team is the rooting interest....theres a reason why the NFL and NCAA major sports have taken off while the NBA has been stagnant.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nba college bball is boring as hell
    Quote Quote