Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: I would Have LOVED To See This In Person

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawai'i
    Thanks / No Thanks

I would Have LOVED To See This In Person

Stevie Vai, Joe Satriani, and John Petruci all jamming together with Billy Sheenan on Bass and Mike Portnoy on drums!?!?! :eek:

Jamming over Jimi Hendrix's "Foxy Lady":
    http://spikedhumor.com/articles/2132...oxey_Lady.html

Jamming Over Deep Purple's "Smoke On The Water":
    http://spikedhumor.com/articles/2119...The_Water.html

I love the faces Stevie Vai (middle guy in both videos, with the white Ibanez that has the "handle" cutout for anyone who doesn't know) makes, he is so dramatic all the time, in his body movements and especially his facial expressions, it's great.

What is this so called "G3", and has anyone been and do they do it every year? I am kicking myself in the face for not discovering this sooner.
    Texas Longhorns - 2006 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS :rocker:
    Guy 1: "Were you on steroids?"
    Chazz Michael Michaels: "Yes, yes I was, about a half a cup."

Keith Richards: "I snorted my father" :rocker:
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Myer
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent51
    Stevie Vai, Joe Satriani, and John Petruci all jamming together with Billy Sheenan on Bass and Mike Portnoy on drums!?!?! :eek:

Jamming over Jimi Hendrix's "Foxy Lady":
    http://spikedhumor.com/articles/2132...oxey_Lady.html

Jamming Over Deep Purple's "Smoke On The Water":
    http://spikedhumor.com/articles/2119...The_Water.html

I love the faces Stevie Vai (middle guy in both videos, with the white Ibanez that has the "handle" cutout for anyone who doesn't know) makes, he is so dramatic all the time, in his body movements and especially his facial expressions, it's great.

What is this so called "G3", and has anyone been and do they do it every year? I am kicking myself in the face for not discovering this sooner.
    g3 has had different players over the years agent - it used to be with eric johnson :yes: - steve vai is the most technical and feel guitarist i ever heard - i've seen one or the other qualities in other guitar players but not both like stevie vai - do you have passion and the warfare? and better do you have tones by eric johnson?

Lip Balm?

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawai'i
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by d-day
    g3 has had different players over the years agent - it used to be with eric johnson :yes: - steve vai is the most technical and feel guitarist i ever heard - i've seen one or the other qualities in other guitar players but not both like stevie vai - do you have passion and the warfare? and better do you have tones by eric johnson?
    I have a few Eric Johnson songs on my PC, which is where my collection of like 12,000+ MP3s is (Shhh, lol), but I'm not sure if I have that one. I'm chillin on my laptop right now, where I only have about 4,000-ish MP3s and I don't have ANY Eric Johnson. And I don't have any Stevie Vai on here either, I'll go DL 'em right now though cuz I'm kinda bored anyway, lol.

My personal favorite is Slash. He definately isn't the most technical guitarist, but I just LOVE his style and his sound. That solo to Sweet Child O' Mine? My favorite solo EVER. I is not even CLOSE to the most technical I've ever seen, but it just SOUNDS so damn good, lol. Plus he has the whole LOOK and STYLE of a rockstar, not to mention all his stuff sounds great, from slower stuff like November Rain to "punky" stuff like Attitude to flat out rock like Mr. Brownstone. That guy can play bluesy stuff, rock stuff, punk-ish stuff, hell, I've even seen a few live vids where he does some "buckethead-esq" shredding. I forget what video it is, it's on my PC too and I'm just too lazy to go downstairs and look through it, haha, but he uses one of those "voice" peddals, like Joe Perry from Aerosmith uses in Sweet Emotion, and then goes off into some awesome shredding, it is so badass.

Is there a G3 this year, is it like an annual thing or just sporadic? I'm interested in who will do it this year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Myer
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have a few Eric Johnson songs on my PC, which is where my collection of like 12,000+ MP3s is (Shhh, lol), but I'm not sure if I have that one. I'm chillin on my laptop right now, where I only have about 4,000-ish MP3s and I don't have ANY Eric Johnson. And I don't have any Stevie Vai on here either, I'll go DL 'em right now though cuz I'm kinda bored anyway, lol.

My personal favorite is Slash. He definately isn't the most technical guitarist, but I just LOVE his style and his sound. That solo to Sweet Child O' Mine? My favorite solo EVER. I is not even CLOSE to the most technical I've ever seen, but it just SOUNDS so damn good, lol. Plus he has the whole LOOK and STYLE of a rockstar, not to mention all his stuff sounds great, from slower stuff like November Rain to "punky" stuff like Attitude to flat out rock like Mr. Brownstone. That guy can play bluesy stuff, rock stuff, punk-ish stuff, hell, I've even seen a few live vids where he does some "buckethead-esq" shredding. I forget what video it is, it's on my PC too and I'm just too lazy to go downstairs and look through it, haha, but he uses one of those "voice" peddals, like Joe Perry from Aerosmith uses in Sweet Emotion, and then goes off into some awesome shredding, it is so badass.

Is there a G3 this year, is it like an annual thing or just sporadic? I'm interested in who will do it this year.
    i saw a tour but didn't catch the line-up - do yourself the flavor though - if you can get either tones by eric j or passion and warfare by stevie v, you'll trip - **** it - pm me your addy and i'll burn them both for you... :wink:
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    The Jukebox Hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Next years g3 is rumored to have

Joe Satriani
    Steve Vai
    and
    John 5
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawai'i
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddwalk
    Next years g3 is rumored to have

Joe Satriani
    Steve Vai
    and
    John 5
    NIIIIIIIICE, I'm definately going. Is it a tour or isit like Woodstock-ish? By that I mean just one big show in one location.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The Jukebox Hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NIIIIIIIICE, I'm definately going. Is it a tour or isit like Woodstock-ish? By that I mean just one big show in one location.
    Not 100% sure I know they film it in one location...But I think they tour as well

I know one thing though yngwie is probobly never going to be back after some of the comments he made in his recent guitar world interview...saying steve vais playing bores him :rolleyes2
    Quote Quote