Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: AFC East or Miami Dolphins forum ?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami Dolphins only

24 27.27%
  • AFC East and Miami Dolphins

36 40.91%
  • Miami Dolphins and AFC East if talking about Miami Dolphins

23 26.14%
  • Your the mod. you decide

5 5.68%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFC East or Miami Dolphins forum

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orange County, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by dolphan39
    what about a discussion on whether Travis Henry is better than Thurman Thomas hypothetically - that s/b in this forum or Gen. NFL or on the Bills insider ?

Just playing devil's advocate so we can know where to draw the lines w/o confusing or pissing anybody off.

thanks
    I'd have to say that's over the line as there really isn't any direct correlation between that and the 'Fins. Discussing the signings, cuts, injuries, etc. of other AFC East teams does affect- if only indirectly- the 'Fins. Something that has absolutely no bearing on the 'Fins whatsoever should be kicked over to the general NFL forum which is where you come in.

Since AJ's paying you the big bucks to be a moderator, I guess you- and the other mods- will have to make a few judement calls on these threads.
    When the fight begins within himself,
    A man 's worth something.

-Robert Browning
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The Predator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bethlehem PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think during the offseason there should be more allowed. But to draw the line.. the bills signing Spikes is big, that should be allowed, but the bills signing joe schmo from someone's waviers is not. also on the Plummer thing to Denver, in a way that should be allowed, I mean some of us had hopes of him signing here. Just like if Griese signs with Chicago.. that would have some interest in Dolphins news and discussions.
    Personaly I like having most of it here so I don't have to look around to find everything out. Guess I am just lazy..
    Of course when the season starts, it's all FINS.
    ''We probably have guys that make it happen, We have some that watch it happen. And we have some that don't know what the hell's happening. They all fit in one of those three categories.''
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    here's a better example: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ball&type=lgns

should hypothetical discussions of Price's replacement be something on this board now ?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As long as this board keeps its name I am fine with it. However, we should be able to include AFC East issues relating to the Fins.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: AFC East or Miami Dolphins forum

Originally posted by dolphan39
    What is the consensus amongst Dolphans on whether this forum should be dedicated to discussing issues only about the Miami Dolphins or we should can also discuss things about other AFC East teams ?

Vote your opinion
    I guess I think if you are talking about the Dolphins logically the AFC East will come up every so often.

Oliver...
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    The High Tech Bong Monkey!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dallas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, I look at it like this. Why open this ONE forum up? Keep this one Dolphins only, then create another for AFC East. I'm still confused as to why people would come to a Miami Dolphins forum to talk about different teams.

If people want to talk about the Jets or the Bills, etc. then they can go to one of the many other message boards out there. Its not that difficult to comprehend.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but its just that I come here for discussion about the Miami Dolphins. Not any other team. I do not visit any other forums because of this.

So if AJ decides to open this up outside of the Miami Dolphins then I will most likely go to another Miami Dolphins board. I dont want to, not at all. I enjoy this site and board. But I don't go to an Italian restaurant if I want Chinese takeout.

Ok, thats my peace.
    Ask me about the Miami Dolphins "Game of the Week" during the offseason.

Miami Dolphins DVD Video Library
    Now hosting Miami Dolphins games on DVD including the games like
    '85 Bears game, Fake Spike game, and the '94 shoot out vs Patriots!!

Games available for your iPhone and iPod Touch!
    PM for details
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Antagonist...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My feeling is that so long as people remain respectful it doesn't matter what team they root for... I enjoy talking football with fans of the Bills, Pats, and Jets... I mean, we have so much history...

And it's kind of like doing community service at a home for the mentally retarded... Except at the home it's easier explaining the obvious...

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't mind leaving a thread about the Bills for a while, then moving it...but I don't want these forums to be a discussion board for other teams fans. They have their own place to discuss that stuff, and it doesn't need to be here.

Obviously keeping everyone informed on the happenings in the East is cool, I am just not going to leave it in the main forums for a legnthy discussion.

That's how I feel...but you guys have a big voice in what we do around here.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well its the offseason and is kinda hard not to find 5 topics on the same subject.Allowing post about NFL related news keep the forum going through out the offseason..Just my opinion..
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [i]That's how I feel...but you guys have a big voice in what we do around here.

87 [/B]
    exactly, the point of this thread/poll was to determine what the majority of you would like to talk about in this forum. From the poll most of you would like to talk AFC East, it is just a question of whether that thread is about issues on an AFC East rival that only tangentially related to the Dolphins or if you are discussing how the Phins will deal w/a rival.

I like 87's idea of leaving AFC East stuff around for a while and then moving it if it is not talking Phins (not just using the word Dolphins) at all.

Also, forget about talking about other divisions, that is what General NFL is for, i.e. if you want to say Man the Phins should have signed xyx, that is :cool: , but it you are saying the Lions just signed xyz, it belongs in general NFL.
    Quote Quote