Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: AFC East or Miami Dolphins forum ?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami Dolphins only

24 27.27%
  • AFC East and Miami Dolphins

36 40.91%
  • Miami Dolphins and AFC East if talking about Miami Dolphins

23 26.14%
  • Your the mod. you decide

5 5.68%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFC East or Miami Dolphins forum

1. -21
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, my main thing is I don't want a thread to get started by a Buffalo fan, and then all it winds up being is a discussion amoungst them.

I like reading news from the East, and discussing it...so let's just see how it goes.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    DOB: Get my Ring!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Warminster, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks

I think that threads

that are just Buffalo, New York or New England specific don't belong here. IF they relate to Miami fine!

I have the perfect example for the distinction.

The news of a signing is fine.

The recent thread by justafan...of how Bill's fans brought Spikes to Buffalo...has absolutely no value to a Dolphin's fan.

and should be moved...

or just deleted...just kidding...moved.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Getting geeked for 2003!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is to much gray area here for everyone to agree on what is Fins and what isn't or is AFC East therefore there should be a separate forum for AFC East. In the Dolphin Forum you should be able to talk about the AFC East WITHIN your post, as long as the general theme is Dolphins or how it pertains to the Phins. Anything else should be in the East forum.
    ''I think any special accomplishment is always preceded by some adversity,'' Wannstedt said. ``If you funnel that adversity in a positive way, it can make the difference.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
    There is to much gray area here for everyone to agree on what is Fins and what isn't or is AFC East therefore there should be a separate forum for AFC East. In the Dolphin Forum you should be able to talk about the AFC East WITHIN your post, as long as the general theme is Dolphins or how it pertains to the Phins. Anything else should be in the East forum.
    it could just go in Gen NFL - there is no need for a new forum IMNSHO
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Getting geeked for 2003!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fine with me.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Objective Pats fan ;)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Damn. This would ruin the thread. It is fun to hear about your rivals and thier demented fans.

The Forums right now are fine and having a little tension keeps people coming back to see what happens next on the soap opera.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well it looks like we will be talkin about cheerleaders for a while
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    I can't wait to get burned by Moulds!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, I am not a Dolphan but if it were my board I would want most if not all posts to be related to the Dolphins or the AFCE and how it affects them. For example, there shouldn't be Pats or Bills fans coming on creating posts about how great they will be and how much the Phins will suck. Thats just stupid.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Run to Daylight

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Personally, I love AFC East discussions and welcome our rivals to come join the fray. The board is more active and the conversation is more diverse as a result. I would just ask fans of oppoing teams to be considerate when posting - no blatant trash talk, no shameless gloating about your team etc. You are a visitor on another teams site - act the same way youd expect us to act in one of your forums. Dont hang around just to be a nuisance.

Otherwise, anything having to do with the AFC East is relevant to the Dolphins. As such, I think we should be as open minded as possible when moderating the Main board. It creates more traffic and means that we dont have to jump from board to board in order to find a good discussion. I like conversations about Peerless Price and Takeo Spikes. I even like conversations about Jake Plummer going to Denver as its connected to the Phins pursuit of Brian Greise.

If this site had 50,000 members, I would definitely understand the need to be more hawkish when moderating the site, as Dolphins news would easilly be pushed to the second and third pages. However, since we havent reached that kind of user activity yet (though one day we will ), i just dont see any need for moderators to go beserk when overseeing the site.

Just my 2 cents. :cool:
    Last edited by Surferosa; 03-13-2003 at 07:34 AM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Surferosa
    If this site had 50,000 members, I would definitely understand the need to be more hawkish when moderating the site, as Dolphins news would easilly be pushed to the second and third pages. However, since we havent reached that kind of user activity yet (though one day we will ), i just dont see any need for moderators to go beserk when overseeing the site.

Well, that is a good point. Except for one thing. If you have a few thousand members, it is much easier to put new guidelines in. However, if you have 50,000 members, the task becomes much more difficult. Basically, what I am saying is this, a good way to do things is to plan for the future. If the admins, mods, and the majority of the members feel as though there should be a seperate AFC East forum, then it may be a good idea to do it now.

One of my job tasks is to make sure the majority of the members on this board are happy.

Anyways, I'm down at my dad's house for this week... and I really don't want to spend a whole lotta time on the computer... because I really need a break from the normal every day routine. So, when I get back home, I'll think the idea over again... and go from there.

Thanks to everyone for their response, it's very appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum
    AJ Tatum

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up."
    - Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Quote