Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: It's now time. (merged)

1. -21
    Antagonist...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When we're done in Iraq we should then go directly to France...

I wish there was an alternative to war, but there is not...
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The French are good for nothing but saying "we give up". It's sad that when you bail a country out twice, they still pull this crap.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by AntMarino13
    There's only 1 good thing about going to war; getting our economy out of this slump
    That is a myth. This war won't help our economy, it will really raise gas prices, the only companies who benefit are the ones who provide to the military. The only war that really ever helped the economy was WW2.

I support the war, but I don't think the short term effects on the economy will be good, in this case it may help the long term because of oil.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A major world war that lasts years can cause the country to begin to expand its production abilities. That will not happen here and has not happened since WWII. All that will happen here is to expend the amount of resources we've gathered up. The Gulf War did not get us out of a slump, it put us in one.

We bailed a lot of countries out during WWI and WWII. And in WWII the Russians helped bail us out, without them we probably would not have won that war to the degree that we did. Does that mean we have to play slave to the Russians? Does that mean every country in Europe has to bow to our wishes?

When you do a favor, its called a favor because you don't expect repayment. If we went in there and saved them and in return expected them to bow to our will for the next century, I don't call that a favor. No better than the Germans.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By the way does anyone else find it rather ironic that we're painting Saddam to be such an evil man because he has the same kinds of weapons that we've been producing and outfitting various military equipment with for decades?

To my knowledge the only country in the world to use weapons of mass destruction in a war is...you guessed it, us. Oh, and if we didn't use the Atomic Bomb in WWII, there's documentary evidence that the next option was outfitting our forces with gas weapons that would have killed even more innocents.

The use of warfare to solve world problems (especially non-critical ones such as this) just shows a remarkable lack of creativity. We go in there alone and we pay the price.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ck, I appreciate your point of view on this thing, and I understand how you feel.

However what difference does it make if it is war time or not? Gassing 5000 Kurds, attacking Kawait, harboring, and aiding in terrorist activity...plus having the entire world tell him he no longer is allowed to posses these weapons. Are these reasons not enough to remove the man from power?

The use of warfare to solve world problems (especially non-critical ones such as this) just shows a remarkable lack of creativity. We go in there alone and we pay the price.
    We are not going alone, we have the Aussies, Brits, Spain, and Polish going with us.

It's the French. We would have had ten countries pass a new resolution, however France's promise to veto caused several of those countries to back out knowing full well it wouldn't matter what they voted, and why risk political persecution.

I am for getting this over with, and removing Saddam from power.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Plantation
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Godspeed to all of our Military Personnel in harms way. May our attack be decisive and successful, our mission accomplished and may the world be ridded of Saddam forever. I always favor the peaceful solution when possible but this guy has laughed in our faces for too long. Saddam and his sons still have 48 hours to leave Iraq and avoid the inevitable. Let's hope he is smart enough to do so. If not I pray for a very percise military exercise and a swift end to the conflict. God bless all of us.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    The Shiznit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Opium induced haze...
    Thanks / No Thanks
    since this is a football mb i will keep this as un-political as possible:

peace to all the innocents; f@ck EVERYBODY else
    26 + 6 = 1!!!!!!! Free Ireland!!!

FRIDAYS 3:30 PM Eastern

Click HERE to listen LIVE!!!!

College Radio, classic stuff. Bodzilla and Dante are your hosts.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Antagonist...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by ckparrothead

To my knowledge the only country in the world to use weapons of mass destruction in a war is...you guessed it, us.

In defense of ourselves, after being dragged into a war not of our making...

There is no comparison between those events and the current situation in Iraq...

As for us being the only ones:

Hitler...

or do you not consider the attempted extermination of a people NOT AT WITH WITH A COUNTRY using weapons of mass destruction???
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Antagonist...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    not sure if I am right on this, but wasn't France the only country that actually said they would veto??? didn't the others just say they didn't support us unilaterally...
    Quote Quote