Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: It's now time. (merged)

1. -71
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by fin-atic
    [B]Let the record show I officially agree with CKParrothead on this. A rare agreement between he and I.

I think the link between Al Queda and 9/11 has not been made. I think if there is overwhelming evidence about Iraq and its weapons programs then it needs to be made public. I believe that there is a greater agenda to this war and I believe it has to do with salvaging a Presidency that is in trouble at home, it has to do with awarding big defense and rebuidling contracts to lobbyist as well as having access to the oil. The whole thing wreaks and I don;t like the feeling of it.

That being said, I support our troops. The day the first bomb drops I will start flying the flag at home until Saddam falls. I will pray for a quick and efficent attack that will result in the minimum loss of life.

I agree fin-atic with most of your points....... The men (and women) in battle have my unadulterated support, I hope that this war ends very quickly for the families of our troops and for the innocent Iraqi people ..... As for this administration I see W for what he is and when all the dust clears, so will all the other lap dogs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: Marino1983
    Flashback,, the billys offense scored 21 points in the first quarter,,NOTHING the rest of the game!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Adam the Quarterback

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
    I have made my points for war in detail in the Lounge so I disagree with CK and Finatic but I can see where they are coming from.

But one thing where I was surprised at what CK said was about the French not supporting us and how Russia helped us etc... To me, this makes no sense at all. Russia assisted us in winning a war that basically liberated Western Europe. That's it, that is a favor. We, on the other hand LIBERATED FRANCE AND DROVE THE GERMANS OUT OF THIER COUNTRY. That is slightly more than a favor. Of course that doesn't make them our slaves or that they have to agree with everything. But a little gratitude and support is not out of line! Also, it's crazy that they are being a thorn in our side!

What really pisses me about the French is that when they agreed with U.N. Resolution 1441, they told Colin Powell that they would back us if Saddam wouldn't comply. They told him they would support action against him and would support a second U.N. vote if neccessary. They basically stabbed Powell in the back and threatened to veto. Then they sent emassaries to African nations to bribe them into voting against us. Haven't we done the same thing, you might ask? Yes but we have a different motive. Our motive: remove an evil maniac from power. France's motive: Keep this despot in power. Finally, yes we helped and gave France the benifit of the doubt in WWI, WWI, Vietnam, etc. so we SHOULD expect them not to undermine us.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Resident Montana Griz pimp for Miami :)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Great Falls, MT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The problem with the French is they want to wait til there's ABSOBLUTE proof of evil doing before they act, last time they got that i believe German tanks were rolling through the streets of Paris
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vacaville, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, the way things have gone so far, it's looking like I won't have to eat my shorts after all...

Apologies to all of you who were looking forward to those pictures.
    My Nomination for dumbest statement of the year.
    Said regarding the 10 commandments statue.

"This isn't about religeon! This is about acknowleging the allmighty god!"
    ~Some moron on talk radio out here.
    Quote Quote