Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: It's now time. (merged)

1. -41
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let the record show I officially agree with CKParrothead on this. A rare agreement between he and I.

I think the link between Al Queda and 9/11 has not been made. I think if there is overwhelming evidence about Iraq and its weapons programs then it needs to be made public. I believe that there is a greater agenda to this war and I believe it has to do with salvaging a Presidency that is in trouble at home, it has to do with awarding big defense and rebuidling contracts to lobbyist as well as having access to the oil. The whole thing wreaks and I don;t like the feeling of it.

That being said, I support our troops. The day the first bomb drops I will start flying the flag at home until Saddam falls. I will pray for a quick and efficent attack that will result in the minimum loss of life.

Then Dubya can focus at home and see if the economy responds to the post war era surge that usually occurs.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Grand Cayman and Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by iceblizzard69
    My prediction, with this whole "1,000 bombs in 24 hours" thing, is that the war will take 3-4 days. Iraq is a lot weaker than they once were, and I don't think this is going to be a hard war to win.
    Didn't they say that about Vietnam??

I personally think that this war hasn't anything to do with Sadamm as it has to do with getting one back for Big Bush and getting the Oil for Big Ears, Cheney and Condoleeza.

I mean the Bush's are the biggest crooks out there
    http://www.campaignwatch.org/details.htm#SCHEIM

What happened to OBL?? Wasn't he the priority?? Funny how 6 months after 9/11 he no longer was.... He is the one responsible for taking down the towers, I mean lets gut and destroy the people who attack us, North Korea is the bigger threat right now, they are led by another loony, have a N-Bomb and not only that have rockets that can hit the Western US. Iraq's rockets can get 30 feet before the freaking camel dies of exhaustion!!! He should not be a priority, lets follow the laws that are set up in place and follow the UN resolutions.

Really if you think about it if the US goes to war w/o UN agreement, hey what is to stop them from putiing Sanctions against the US? The National Debt is going towrds the trillion$ amount again, this means we import a **** load of stuff, personally my company will go down the crapper if this ever happens and sanctions are enforced against the US.

I will support the troops and I feel very bad for them, I have a friend that was sent over 2 weeks ago and I pray for him and his wife and kids. Lets hope there is a peaceful resolution and that all troops involved are able to return to their loved ones.
    Last edited by MNFINFAN; 03-18-2003 at 07:04 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    nonpredictor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need not connect saddam to anyone else besides himself and his (unbilievably)more sadistic twisted sons. This is not about binladen... Its about a man who is very dangerous and has shown that he is insane enough to enforce his sick will on an entire country ... NOW is our country doing this for our own capitalistic little ideals? YES I hate bush but as asinine as he is he realizes that saddam needs to be removed from any posistion of power . and of course the obvious benefits of oil and easing an already volitile area of the world ...He could come out smelling like a rose if the armed forces can wipe that sob out quickly .. and i for one believe they will god bless all those who fight for the rights that allow us to be on this board and express our INDIVIDUAL opinions .
    I dont feel no draft!
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I SUPPORT THE U.S. IN ALL THIS AND I'M VERY EMBARASSED , AND DISGUSTED WITH MY GOVERNMENT OF CANADA , THEY ARE A BUNCH OF WIMPS . IF IT WASN'T FOR THE U.S US CANADIANS WOULD HAVE NOTHING BUT OUR COLD WINTERS HERE , GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL THE TROOPS IN IRAQ , LETS GO OUT THERE AND KICK SOME IRAQIE ASS !!!!!!!!! :mad:
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    MNFIN, the world needs the U.S. more than the U.S. needs the world. The European economy is in the toilet right now, (worse than us if you can believe that) and adding economic sanctions against the country who buys and sells the most to the entire world, not to mention loans money, and supports several countries, would not happen. Not right now.

We have over 40 countries backing us as of today, and the French announced that if Saddam uses any kind of chemical, or biological weapons, they will be adding to our forces.

This war is a scary thing to me, considering Saddam might have several sleeper terrorist cells hiding anywhere, with anything from dirty bombs to chemical, or biological stock piles.

My biggest fear is that the S.O.B. HAS a nuke, draws our troops into Baghdad, and since he is going out anyway...pops his own capital in order to take us with him.

Even through all of my fears, I know this is something we need to do. Osama is being chased, and we still have a legit force over there hunting him down. Saddam is just the next step in this war on terrorism.

N Korea might be next, but we have to do what we have to do to take care of ourselves.

You can be damn sure that if Moscow had two planes take down a couple buildings like how we had done to us...they would be a huntin.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by mike_vee
    I SUPPORT THE U.S. IN ALL THIS AND I'M VERY EMBARASSED , AND DISGUSTED WITH MY GOVERNMENT OF CANADA , THEY ARE A BUNCH OF WIMPS . IF IT WASN'T FOR THE U.S US CANADIANS WOULD HAVE NOTHING BUT OUR COLD WINTERS HERE , GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL THE TROOPS IN IRAQ , LETS GO OUT THERE AND KICK SOME IRAQIE ASS !!!!!!!!! :mad:

Thanks for the support man!
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    The Shiznit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Opium induced haze...
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the W stands for "Warlord"
    26 + 6 = 1!!!!!!! Free Ireland!!!

FRIDAYS 3:30 PM Eastern

Click HERE to listen LIVE!!!!

College Radio, classic stuff. Bodzilla and Dante are your hosts.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Ephemeral

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm with CKparrothead and fin-atic. Personally, I think this is a war for Bush to save face. He has done a lot of nothing since being elected. He has had the economy fail under him. He needs things to turn around, and quick. What do you do? War has historically shown to improve the economy (or so history 121 told me), and improve support for the president. He needs economy and support. What makes me mad is that he is willing to sacrifice America's youth to help his approval rating. One of my good friends is being deployed, along with a few coworkers of mine. What I fear most right now is being drafted. I do NOT want to go and fight an almost meaningless war (my opinion). If we were being attacked ot invaded, they'd have to hold me back from grabbing the damn gun, but not with a war over oil......
    Coin toss at the Emerald Bowl......
    _
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that..." ~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
    _
    "Seek to understand before you seek to be understood..."
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vacaville, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Baz... I wouldent worry about the draft man... There is a better chance of it raining donuts than the government re-instating the draft. And even if they did, you are a college student if I recall correctly, so you get off scott free there as well.

We could be at war with all of europe and you wouldent get drafted (unless the war lasted untill after you got out of college.. but thats another story.)

Oh, and to whomever compared this war to Vietnam... trust me man, I've been over there and this is definately no vietnam. If this war lasts 2 months (the actual war, not the occupation) I'll eat my shorts.

and you can quote me on that and I'll even post pictures.
    My Nomination for dumbest statement of the year.
    Said regarding the 10 commandments statue.

"This isn't about religeon! This is about acknowleging the allmighty god!"
    ~Some moron on talk radio out here.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have to give our president the benefit of the doubt on this Iraq thing. He has information we are not privy too, and to assume that this whole thing is over oil, or simply to improve our economy...well I want to give the man a chance to prove his point.

Also I want to point out that it was 9-11 that put this country into trouble. How was that Bush's fault? Also if removing an asshole like Saddam from power, freeing a country from a murderous dictator, and lowering oil prices to boot, solves our economy problem...so much the better.

Losing American men to battle is the one HUGE negative. I only hope that we have a complete and total knockout, that includes zero American loss.

I know...wishful thinking.

Quote Quote