Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Now even I am frightened...

1. -11
    Finheaven.com Staff Writer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In my case, I dont worry because I put my trust in God. Whatever happens, happens because it is his will. I also refuse to spend every day of my life, worried about a terrorist attack that (I) cannot prevent.

And, I just want to mention this on the topic of innocent Iraqis dying in this war. Unfortunatley, it will be vurtually impossible to avoid civilian casualties in this war, but it will in NO way compare to what Sadam has done to his people. Sadam has killed thousands apon thousands apon thousands of his own people with chemical and biological attacks. This war has many factors involved in it, but one of the main factors is freeing the Iraqis from Sadam's power. The reason none of his soldiers, scientists, and people say anything to protest Sadam's governing is because he would kill them. This is no assumption, it HAS happened. When we defeat Sadam, all the soldiers and scientist will come clean because they won't have the fear of being killed by Sadam anymore.

Will people finally realize our cause when Sadam uses chemical weapons on our soldiers. Is that what it's going to take for people to finally realize that Sadam does have these weapons?

No one wants war, but we have given Sadam over a decade to disarm and he has not. It is time to finish the job President Bush did not finish back in the early 90's. I pray that all Americans will come home safely and that this war ends as soon as possible.

God Bless America :patriot:
    Miguel Lorenzo
    Staff Writer :migs:
    Fin Heaven & Co.

"I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I beg for food and change in the corner of any street. I dare them to shoot me!
    Last edited by Justasportsfan; 03-19-2003 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by justafan
    I beg for food and change in the corner of any street. I dare them to shoot me!
    Um....huh?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the world will be a lot safer after the war, however, I never saw Iraq as an immediate threat to the USA. I want Saddam out of power and I want the USA to remove him because of the threat he poses to Kurds and that he doesn't comply. I didn't think he would attack the USA now, but he could have later, and I think it is best that he be immediately removed. One nation that I do see as an immediate threat is North Korea. They are very close to having nuclear weapons, they threaten the use of them, and they can hit the West Coast with a missile that contains a nuclear weapon inside. I am not scared of a terrorist attack, I don't think one will happen, but North Korea does scare me.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by iceblizzard69
    I think the world will be a lot safer after the war, however, I never saw Iraq as an immediate threat to the USA. I want Saddam out of power and I want the USA to remove him because of the threat he poses to Kurds and that he doesn't comply. I didn't think he would attack the USA now, but he could have later, and I think it is best that he be immediately removed. One nation that I do see as an immediate threat is North Korea. They are very close to having nuclear weapons, they threaten the use of them, and they can hit the West Coast with a missile that contains a nuclear weapon inside. I am not scared of a terrorist attack, I don't think one will happen, but North Korea does scare me.
    The difference is that Korea ONLY lends itself to a diplomatic/economic solution. You've got a power which is probably already nuclear, in a geography which is GREAT for defense, and a people who are madly supportive of the regime. No way do we ever invade N. Korea. Further, they've got so many economic problems, that they're much easier to contain. As for them ever launching a nuke at us, we CAN defend against a couple of missiles...what's dangerous is someone who is willing to sell portable nukes, and this time N. Korea's geography works in our favor since everything that goes out of that country has to go by ship, and is much easier to track.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Getting geeked for 2003!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anyone see the documentary on North Korea on Cinemax last night? I only caught the last 30 minutes of the hour long show. It was good, and very informative. They had great access and interviewed both south and north Korean soldiers. It highlighted how destitude North Korea is, and how thriving (economically) South Korea is. It was sad, seeing how bad of shape N. Korea is. They interviewed a guy who fled and he said few know how bad it is because they are so secretive. They kill anyone who opposes them, for anything. There are hundreds of thousands starving because their economy is so bad. They only support the govt because like in Iraq, they will be killed if they dont. I saw all them troops and then a light bulb went off, they are only in the army so they can have a decent life, everyone else is broke and starving. It's sad, something needs to be done but it's very complicated. It does seem though, that there are good voices of reason on the S. Korean and neutrel sides.

One more note, the fact that N. Korea is dirt poor, actually makes them MORE dangerous, as they could resort to selling their nukes and weapons. See Russia.
    Last edited by LeftCoastPhin; 03-19-2003 at 04:18 PM.
    ''I think any special accomplishment is always preceded by some adversity,'' Wannstedt said. ``If you funnel that adversity in a positive way, it can make the difference.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    We may die, but our actions are immortal

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    northern virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin

One more note, the fact that N. Korea is dirt poor, actually makes them MORE dangerous, as they could resort to selling their nukes and weapons. See Russia.
    Again, N. Korea has a somewhat unique situation. They can't move anything north because it would have to go through China which is against anybody but them getting more nukes. They also can't go south because S. Korea isn't going to let any nukes get across the most heavily fortified border in the world. That leaves shipping it by boat, which is MUCH easier to control than monitoring land routes. If N. Korea becomes too much of a threat, it would be perfectly feasable to board and inspect every boat that leaves a N. Korean port. We already board and inspect many of them now.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Getting geeked for 2003!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good point 1227.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont need to worry i live in vermont where a lot of americans dont even know its a state
    Quote Quote