Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Now even I am frightened...

1. -21
    Finheaven.com Staff Writer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

You have a very good point there my friend.

I live in Florida. I think I'm pretty safe based on the fact that it's not a major target (besides Disney World)

but the whole world knows we're a state.

So much contreversy :argue:
    Last edited by Migs182005; 03-19-2003 at 05:49 PM.
    Miguel Lorenzo
    Staff Writer :migs:
    Fin Heaven & Co.

"I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Getting geeked for 2003!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO though, we are in no more danger than if we weren't going to war. It's been established that we are a target, with our without attacking Iraq. It's best to be proactive. The best thing we could do for national security is to close the borders, but that's a whole other issue. I'm far more concerned about terrorists cells having easy access across the border than I am anything else regarding terror.
    ''I think any special accomplishment is always preceded by some adversity,'' Wannstedt said. ``If you funnel that adversity in a positive way, it can make the difference.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Go HALOS!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orange Crest Hills
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't live in fear. You just can't. If you do, then in your world, the terrorists (spineless bastards as they are) have defeated you. Death will come upon us all at some time or another. And I'll be damned if I'll let some punk a$$ terrorist group dictate to me how I live my life. F--k that. I have always been prepared for anything. Yeah , "prepared", not paranoid. I am an American. And damn proud of our nation and all we stand for. IMO, this is absolutely necessary. We cannot let these genocidal maniacs run rampant throughout the world. It breeds the very lawlessness and unfathomable episodes of terrorism we have sufford through over the past several years. And believe me, there's more in the works for us. We must rid the world of this scum. And when we're finished with SODDOM-izer, we put the munch on any of the other threatening snatches out there (i.e. N. Korea, etc.). There is no time like the present. Do it well, do it now. I 've read and appreciated everyones point of view and opinion. So this is mine. God bless our troops and their families and God bless us and America.

One more thing. If you have substantial evidence of terrorism in your nighborhood, don't be afraid to pop a cap in thier a$$. We're all in this together.

GO U.S.A.:patriot:
    Last edited by jtown777; 03-19-2003 at 07:04 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palatka Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by jtown777
    You can't live in fear. You just can't. If you do, then in your world, the terrorists (spineless bastards as they are) have defeated you. Death will come upon us all at some time or another. And I'll be damned if I'll let some punk a$$ terrorist group dictate to me how I live my life. F--k that. I have always been prepared for anything. Yeah , "prepared", not paranoid. I am an American. And damn proud of our nation and all we stand for. IMO, this is absolutely necessary. We cannot let these genocidal maniacs run rampant throughout the world. It breeds the very lawlessness and unfathomable episodes of terrorism we have sufford through over the past several years. And believe me, there's more in the works for us. We must rid the world of this scum. And when we're finished with SODDOM-izer, we put the munch on any of the other threatening snatches out there (i.e. N. Korea, etc.). There is no time like the present. Do it well, do it now. I 've read and appreciated everyones point of view and opinion. So this is mine. God bless our troops and their families and God bless us and America.

One more thing. If you have substantial evidence of terrorism in your nighborhood, don't be afraid to pop a cap in thier a$$. We're all in this together.

Damn...I believe I like the people of Lakewood CA.!

Obvously, You aren't breaking out with little a$$holes and crapping all over yourself.

The best way to deal with fear is to confront it.:patriot: :patriot:
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by jtown777

:patriot:
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well said jtown:bandwagon
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logoFord LogoCam Wake 91
    Nice boat Jtown777.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Adam the Quarterback

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
    Anyone see the documentary on North Korea on Cinemax last night? I only caught the last 30 minutes of the hour long show. It was good, and very informative.
    I really wanted to see that but I don't have Cinemax. Hopefully it will come out on video.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Is Drunk at the Wheel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clifton Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Your in sad shape chicagodolphin...

Originally posted by SWS84
    You are just the kind of person the terrorist are hoping all of us become. I'm not trying to insult you, but how do you manage to walk without a backbone?

Steve
    Wow that was so uncalled for. This is a horrible time in our history, and its causeing Americans to have a whole spectrum of emotions. To bash someone for his honest opinon on how he feels at this volitale time is just rude.

Myself, I am on board with most of you. Globaly I just hope this is over quick, and our soldiers don't have to endure this horror for very long. Locally I do have a little fear that another one of our cities will have to deal with cowardly terrorist attack on inocent people. Personally I am more concerned with getting promotted at work, my girlfreind graduating, so I can get out of this dreadfull state, and most imortantly if we are going to land Greise I just can't let any fear cripple or even impead on my life. The world is just a bunch of random occurances, and no matter how much you prepare more than likely you wont be prepared for the next.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Getting geeked for 2003!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Re: Your in sad shape chicagodolphin...

Originally posted by Dajesus
    Wow that was so uncalled for. This is a horrible time in our history, and its causeing Americans to have a whole spectrum of emotions. To bash someone for his honest opinon on how he feels at this volitale time is just rude.

Myself, I am on board with most of you. Globaly I just hope this is over quick, and our soldiers don't have to endure this horror for very long. Locally I do have a little fear that another one of our cities will have to deal with cowardly terrorist attack on inocent people. Personally I am more concerned with getting promotted at work, my girlfreind graduating, so I can get out of this dreadfull state, and most imortantly if we are going to land Greise I just can't let any fear cripple or even impead on my life. The world is just a bunch of random occurances, and no matter how much you prepare more than likely you wont be prepared for the next.
    That was kind of rude. I feel bad for my insult, I apologize. We should be rallying around and supporting each other, not insulting each other.
    Quote Quote