Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's now time. (merged)

1. -1
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks

It's now time.

I know this is off-topic, but our off-season is about to become a tad more stressful. President Bush is giving a speech tonight at 8 pm est., letting us all know that the war will begin in the next day or so.

I just want to say right now that I back our guys, and gals, who are risking their health and very lives with the protection of our country.

We all know of the weapons Saddam has in his arsenal, and I just pray that we are able to fully protect all the troops from his chemical, and biological assualt.

This thread is for supporting our troops, and also for us to just have a place to let our feelings out. I know this can get ugly fast, so I am asking all of you to moderate yourselves as much as you can, and please observe all TOS rules.

God Bless our Troops, and may this end quickly.

87 :patriot:
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Getting geeked for 2003!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree. I dont want war, but I support the decision to go to war if it comes to that. Most of all, thanks and prayers to our troops, the finest in the world.
    ''I think any special accomplishment is always preceded by some adversity,'' Wannstedt said. ``If you funnel that adversity in a positive way, it can make the difference.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As far as foreign policy goes... I support our troops... Thats about it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canton Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    does anybody else feel like me were in a no win situation cause if we do goto war we know what everbody else thinks of that Idea, but if we don't go in a get rid of him, you know, when he does use his weapons the same countries who did't want us to stop him will be the first ones crying how th US show of done something to prevent it
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I support the war but I would rather see this resolve peacefully, but that isn't going to happen now. Hopefully this will be as quick a war as I think it will be.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bomb now ,Inspect later!!!! I support our troops,president and country!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Getting geeked for 2003!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by HofCityFan
    does anybody else feel like me were in a no win situation cause if we do goto war we know what everbody else thinks of that Idea, but if we don't go in a get rid of him, you know, when he does use his weapons the same countries who did't want us to stop him will be the first ones crying how th US show of done something to prevent it

I hear that. In this case an ounce of prevention is worth more then a pound of cure.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Bon vivant

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The one thing that's been lost in all this -- and it's a position I hold very strongly -- is that sometimes the right thing to do is not the most popular thing in the world. Simply saying "War is wrong because everyone thinks so" is not reason enough to abandon a course that is hard, to be sure, but just.

Let's hope the war ends soon and that democracy takes root in Iraq.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rehoboth Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: It's now time.

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
    I know this is off-topic, but our off-season is about to become a tad more stressful. President Bush is giving a speech tonight at 8 pm est., letting us all know that the war will begin in the next day or so.

I just want to say right now that I back our guys, and gals, who are risking their health and very lives with the protection of our country.

We all know of the weapons Saddam has in his arsenal, and I just pray that we are able to fully protect all the troops from his chemical, and biological assualt.

This thread is for supporting our troops, and also for us to just have a place to let our feelings out. I know this can get ugly fast, so I am asking all of you to moderate yourselves as much as you can, and please observe all TOS rules.

God Bless our Troops, and may this end quickly.

87 :patriot:
    My stance ever since 9/11 was that being war was declared on terrorism (of any kind) the ultimatun should have been laid down then, The "either you're with us or you're against us" is not the same. It leaves some doubt as did the November resolution with "Sadom" having to disarm immediately or face serious consequences. They should have said "or we'll come in and kick your ass" in real terminolgy and not "politically correct" terminolgy. Anyway, this is all hindsight, but last year, it should have been laid out that any country that aids any terrorists group in any way will be dealt with forcefully in a manner deemed necessary. If you can not take care of the problem yourself, ask for help. We'll be glad to help. However, if you stand by and do nothing, then we'll come and take care of the whole lot of you. it would only take once or twice and all the "questionable nations" would fall in line real quick.
    Fast forward to the present. I was against going into Iraq, period cuz I thought there are other ways to get rid of "Sadom". However, when he said the other day that if we attack Iraq, then he will carry the war ANYWHERE in the world. How?? Well folks, when he said that, IMO he may have just as well said that "I support and engage in terrorism". Iraq cannot carry a war anywhere outside of where it is, therefore it would have to be by terrorism itself that he can carry out anything elsewhere. So my feeling now is for "Sadom" should bend over and stick his head up his ass and kiss it goodbye. He done F***ed by big time now.

Anyway, godspeed to any and all of our great people having to deal with this. Trust me, I know how they feel.

DD...........................................
    DD..................the #1 Delaware Dolfan !!!

Doing things you don't have to do today will help to determine where you'll be tomorrow when you can't do anything about it!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by iceblizzard69
    I support the war but I would rather see this resolve peacefully, but that isn't going to happen now. Hopefully this will be as quick a war as I think it will be.
    hopefully we can beat Israel's record of 6 days, but highly unlikely when you are conquering a country instead of defending yours. I am pulling for the Iraqi people, particularly those in the military to realize that they are going to be sacrificed and to surrender in droves.

:patriot:
    Quote Quote