Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How Come "Pro Peace" Protesters Are The Only Ones Getting Arrested??

1. -31
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    arkansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Peebs
    We had a protest in NYC today with 200,000 people marching .
    yeah, and 190,000 thought it was a line for dolphins/jets tickets!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Matchmaker, party planner

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
    OH PLEASE!! The civil rights workers didn't block access to any businesses, and they didn't put anyones safety in jeopardy but their own! As someone who is partially black, I find it HIGHLY offensive that you would equate the actions of people who were TRULY peacefully motivated to bring freedom to those who were oppressed, and the criminal actions of those who would disrupt others lives for no better reason than to express their hatred of the President and his actions. ESPECIALLY when those actions will FREE an oppressed people. DAMN!
    Ummm "partially black"? As a Great Aunt of a BI-RACIAL almost teenager....
    The actions of those who sat at the counter at Woolworths was ummmmmm PROTESTING and if you will look back at your history books it was ummmmm considered "disruptive" to those in the white community......

As for making it difficult for fire dept to get across town in SF, i don't live in SF I live in NY. I know and in fact Mayor Bloomberg was on GDNY this morning and spoke about the PEACEFUL march. Organizers got a permit, NYC police and Fire are very aware of the permit and the route the marchers were taking. Police are dispatched to keep the safety of the Marchers and non-marchers. JUST AS everyone is made aware of the route and safety of the St. Patricks Day Parade which was held MID DAY on a MONDAY. Try getting a fire truck crosstown or anything crosstown in Manhattan the Monday of St. Patrick's day. But yet I hear no one complaining of the "inconvience" of the St. Patricks day Parade... And I am sure NYPD made the same amount IF NOT more arrests St. Patricks day for fighting, public drinking and public urination.
    I guess we are only inconvienced when we don't agree with the message, right?
    That's a truely American sentiment Home of the free? Only if you agree with the message I guess.
    You don't know my name but your boyfriend does.
    Cause the Post Office wasn't taken applications. Like I told you Chuck.....CASH!
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    arkansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The actions of those who sat at the counter at Woolworths was ummmmmm PROTESTING and if you will look back at your history books it was ummmmm considered "disruptive" to those in the white community......

As for making it difficult for fire dept to get across town in SF, i don't live in SF I live in NY. I know and in fact Mayor Bloomberg was on GDNY this morning and spoke about the PEACEFUL march. Organizers got a permit, NYC police and Fire are very aware of the permit and the route the marchers were taking. Police are dispatched to keep the safety of the Marchers and non-marchers. JUST AS everyone is made aware of the route and safety of the St. Patricks Day Parade which was held MID DAY on a MONDAY. Try getting a fire truck crosstown or anything crosstown in Manhattan the Monday of St. Patrick's day. But yet I hear no one complaining of the "inconvience" of the St. Patricks day Parade... And I am sure NYPD made the same amount IF NOT more arrests St. Patricks day for fighting, public drinking and public urination.
    That's a truely American sentiment Home of the free? Only if you agree with the message I guess.
    peaceful march my ass. being a heart patient myself, seconds count, and what if somebody had a heart attack on that route?!
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the Father of one of the recent POW's summed it up quite nicely...

He spoke of how his son loved his country, and the military... and he was proud of his son's patriotism...
    He also said (this is the best part) that the anti-war protestors' time would be better spent helping the needy, or picking up litter....

source was CNN....
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Yes..."partially black". My grandmother was black, therefore..."partially black". As for the "sit ins", they were only disruptive to those who chose to make them so. NOBODY was prevented from getting to their jobs, no infrastructure was impeded in ANY way. That stands in STARK contrast to "peace protestors" who are blocking places of work DECLARING "No business as usual". The civil rights workers were VERY careful to insure that their actions ONLY sent the message that "we are the same, and deserve the same rights". Many of the "peace protestors" however SEEK to be disruptive, and deserve to have their asses thrown in jail whenever such disruptions take place. For those who wish to HONESTLY protest IN peace, I say more power to them, and God bless.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Matchmaker, party planner

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You know what amazes me...
    Those who are claiming to be better Americans than anyone else are the ones wanting to strip people of their rights protected under the consitution...the same constitution the Army, Navy, Air force, Marines, coast guard, Secret Service, CIA, FBI, Congress, Senate and the president of the United States all took an oath to protect and defend...

You all almost sounds a bit "McCarthy" like. And that's scary to me than anything....

And dolphin06...I guess the fact that the same heart attack you might be having during St. Patrick's Day or the NYC Marathon or the Puerto Rican Day Parade that block MORE side streets and clog MORE traffic wouldn't bother you huh? But a war protest march does?
    Interesting.....
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What amazes me is the way some people... when given facts they can't dispute, begin with the holier-than-thou, "you think you're a better American" routine....

I don't think anyone in this thread claimed to be a better American than anyone else... just taking facts, and stating opinions and perspectives about them.
    I'm all for peaceful protest, and freedom of speech... I don't think anyone said any different... it's when your right to protest interferes with my right to go about my business...and visa-versa...that's when it's gone too far. The constitution provides for everyone's rights...not just the protestors.....That's what I defend... the protestors don't have more rights than Joe Public, simply because they are protesting.....
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vacaville, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by WharfRat
    I'm all for peaceful protest, and freedom of speech... I don't think anyone said any different... it's when your right to protest interferes with my right to go about my business...and visa-versa...that's when it's gone too far. The constitution provides for everyone's rights...not just the protestors.....That's what I defend... the protestors don't have more rights than Joe Public, simply because they are protesting.....
    I couldent have said it any better myself.

:patriot:
    My Nomination for dumbest statement of the year.
    Said regarding the 10 commandments statue.

"This isn't about religeon! This is about acknowleging the allmighty god!"
    ~Some moron on talk radio out here.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You know what amazes me...
    Those who are claiming to be better Americans than anyone else are the ones wanting to strip people of their rights protected under the consitution...the same constitution the Army, Navy, Air force, Marines, coast guard, Secret Service, CIA, FBI, Congress, Senate and the president of the United States all took an oath to protect and defend...

You all almost sounds a bit "McCarthy" like. And that's scary to me than anything....

And dolphin06...I guess the fact that the same heart attack you might be having during St. Patrick's Day or the NYC Marathon or the Puerto Rican Day Parade that block MORE side streets and clog MORE traffic wouldn't bother you huh? But a war protest march does?
    Interesting.....
    I'm not sure who you were referring to here, but again I'll repeat that I STAUNCHLY defend the right of any American to protest any darned thing they darned well please. But I also STRONGLY feel that your right to free speech does NOT outweigh my rights in ANY way shape or form. If your actions prevent me from getting to work, I expect you to be arrested. If your actions cause someone to be injured, I expect you to be arrested and probably sued. The Constitution ONLY supports peaceful protest. Blocking businesses to keep them from operating isn't peaceful.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't have any problem with people protesting, they have the right to do it. However, I do have a problem when they get violent. Also, a lot of the anti-war people fail to realize that Saddam is a very dangerous man, who has committed acts of terror against his own people (Kurds). I don't think he has anything to do with 9/11, but if we didn't act now he could have done something later. We already found a chemical plant, and he has launched missiles that go far beyong the UN limitations placed on him. Saddam is a threat to his own people, and the world, and by removing him from power, this would is a better place.
    Quote Quote