Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sick of Liberals..

1. -91
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by WharfRat
    Technically, this forum is out of my juristiction.... :cool:

Damn....Wharf is pursuing a career in politics!!....
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Your friendly neighborhood Bills fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Upstate NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rephrase you question and I will answer it
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
    Damn....Wharf is pursuing a career in politics!!....
    :eek: Perish the thought!!!

I'd like to think I have a slightly higher moral standard than that....
    Quote Quote  

4. -94

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Sniper
    Rephrase you question and I will answer it

Oh give me a break Snippy...the question was phrased EXACTLY the way it should have been. Would you like me to reverse the order?

"Of the two countries, Israel or Iraq, who has launched attacks against the others civilian populations?"

Is that somehow easier to grasp for you than

"of the two countries, who has launched attacks against the others civilian populations, Israel or Iraq?"

Either way, it was a rhetorical question. Israel has never launched an attack against Iraq's civilian population, while Iraq has lauched Scud missiles at Israel. Heck, I'm even willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't purposely lie in an attempt to twist the argument. I'll allow for the possibility that you made an error. But if that's true, why is it so difficult for you to admit that you just read the question wrong and made a mistake?
    Quote Quote  

5. -95

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by WharfRat
    :eek: Perish the thought!!!

I'd like to think I have a slightly higher moral standard than that....
    Better be careful then...learning the rhetoric is the first step down that long dark path...
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only attack by Israel against Iraq came in the 80's I believe, when they launched an airstrike against a nuclear "power plant" near the Iranian border... personally I don't think it counts as a civilian attack, since it was government run, and allegedly being used to refine ore for weapons...
    While at the time, most of the world condemed the act... I personally am glad they took the initiative... if they hadn't, Iraq would have nuclear weapons by now, and Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia (at least) would all be provinces of Iraq today....
    Quote Quote  

7. -97

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Upstate NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh give me a break Snippy...the question was phrased EXACTLY the way it should have been. Would you like me to reverse the order?

"Of the two countries, Israel or Iraq, who has launched attacks against the others civilian populations?"

Is that somehow easier to grasp for you than

"of the two countries, who has launched attacks against the others civilian populations, Israel or Iraq?"

Either way, it was a rhetorical question. Israel has never launched an attack against Iraq's civilian population, while Iraq has lauched Scud missiles at Israel. Heck, I'm even willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't purposely lie in an attempt to twist the argument. I'll allow for the possibility that you made an error. But if that's true, why is it so difficult for you to admit that you just read the question wrong and made a mistake?
    Given the way you phrased that, I would agree. Iraq is guilty. ("others" should be written as "other's" to show possession, this is why I misread it. Typos happen. No big deal)

Admitting that, I think the civilian population argument is kind of besides the point.

How about this question:

Has Israel ever attacked Iraq?
    Last edited by Sniper; 03-26-2003 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks

How about this question:

See my above post ....
    Quote Quote  

9. -99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Given the way you phrased that, I would agree. Iraq is guilty. ("others" should be wriiten as "other's" to show possession, this is why I misread it.)

Admitting that, I think the civilian population argument is kind of besides the point.

How about this question:

Oh please....now you're hiding behind an apostrophe? Weak Snippy, very weak. In answer to your question, Israel has attacked an Iraqi site which was set to refine uranium for nukes. They've never launched an attack on any civilian or military sites, just the nuke plant. By contrast, they REFRAINED from launching an COUNTER attack on Iraq despite the fact that Iraq launched multiple scuds at Israel. I'll concede that some truly paranoid official in Iraq could fear a nucclear attack by Israel, but thinking that they are issuing chem suits/atropine to their troops to protect against a chem/bio attack by Israel IS a stretch.
    Quote Quote  

10. -100

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Upstate NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh please....now you're hiding behind an apostrophe? Weak Snippy, very weak. In answer to your question, Israel has attacked an Iraqi site which was set to refine uranium for nukes. They've never launched an attack on any civilian or military sites, just the nuke plant. By contrast, they REFRAINED from launching an COUNTER attack on Iraq despite the fact that Iraq launched multiple scuds at Israel. I'll concede that some truly paranoid official in Iraq could fear a nucclear attack by Israel, but thinking that they are issuing chem suits/atropine to their troops to protect against a chem/bio attack by Israel IS a stretch.
    Typos happen.. Which isn't a big deal, but it is also why I misread your post. I'm not hiding behind anything. I admit I misread it, but the way you wrote that contributed to why I misread it. Not a big deal because we understand each other now.

Secondly... I don't think it is a stretch at all. Israel is known to be aggressive by many countries in the Middle East... Who else have they struck in the past? Libya.. Egypt...
    Last edited by Sniper; 03-26-2003 at 04:33 PM.
    Quote Quote