Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick of Liberals..

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So just because we have different views about most things means we're the only reason this country is bad. I'm sorry, the coin flips both ways. In fact, I agree with the war right now, and an avid liberal. To have a call out like this brings out several members personally, and now you are the one who's showing their true colors.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm a liberal and proud of it. While I vehemently disagree with George Dubya with respect to his domestic agenda, I'll support his foreign policy vs terrorism and Iraq. However, I do believe that he is somewhat motivated by "cleaning up daddy's mess" from the First Persian Gulf War in which I served. I do believe people have the right to protest, that's what makes our country great, however, I do not believe people should show disrespect to our flag or national anthem. Before you stereotype liberals as you did, know that the far right will do far more to damage this country than the far left could!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry if I offended any level headed liberals in this forum. I was talking about the far left wing of the party, the type of people that marched in San Fran promoting communism and comparing Bush to Hitler.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    arkansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Bumrush
    Sorry if I offended any level headed liberals in this forum. I was talking about the far left wing of the party, the type of people that marched in San Fran promoting communism and comparing Bush to Hitler.
    since there was a site found that was NOT discovered by the inspectors, a site for making chemical weapons and and disguised to look like open desert, i wonder if THAT will change the opinion of this war.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by dolfan06
    since there was a site found that was NOT discovered by the inspectors, a site for making chemical weapons and and disguised to look like open desert, i wonder if THAT will change the opinion of this war.
    So far, it doesn't seem to have done anything.

List of illegal things Iraq has done in this war

Lauched Scuds (which they claimed they didn't have)
    Violation of Geneva Convention (three violations: embarassment of POWs by putting them on TV, executed POWs, and showing bodies of killed POWs on TV)

Also, they have lied about having a chemical plant, which is supposedly 100 acres. This could be the big one to justify this war.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palatka Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
    I'm a liberal and proud of it. While I vehemently disagree with George Dubya with respect to his domestic agenda, I'll support his foreign policy vs terrorism and Iraq. However, I do believe that he is somewhat motivated by "cleaning up daddy's mess" from the First Persian Gulf War in which I served. I do believe people have the right to protest, that's what makes our country great, however, I do not believe people should show disrespect to our flag or national anthem. Before you stereotype liberals as you did, know that the far right will do far more to damage this country than the far left could!
    All that tells me Clumpy...is you are an American just like me. The liberialism I hate is the one that spews the Anti-American pablim and resorts to flag burning and defameing the good that this government stands for..

Checks and balances is what makes us great. I tend to consider myself rightwing, but only to the extent our founding fathers would be considered rightwing today. Meaning I do not like to see our Constitution tampered with in any shape fashion or form. She has had a hard enough time weathering the storm both the extreme right and left have thrown against her.

As for Dubya, cleaning up his daddy's mess...hey... some of that could be going on...but.. will you concede that killing terrorism and protecting us from another 9/11 plays a bigger part?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Granted, everyone is entitled to his or her beliefs when it comes to the current situation. Our right to question how our government is operating should never be curtailed, unless it poses a direct security threat or involves enemy collusion.

With that being said, the extreme left in the country is slowly eroding what is left of the Democratic Party. As a former liberal that will vote for Republicans candidates in the next election, I see more defections to the right of center. It took the South over 100 years to realign to the right after Newt’s political coupe in 1994. The Bible belt Republicans that Nixon talked about in the 1970’s is real and was a decisive part of the Republican congressional takeover and the defeat of Gore.

The current animosities, racial charged policies of the New Left are creating another political realignment that may surpass the Republican revolution of 1994. People such as myself that believed in the idealism of the left are starting to see the reality of Republican principles that are based on logic, goodwill and a desire to reward success over failure. The realignment of moderate voters to the right is happening as we speak. The Republicans are no longer being seen as the party of hate and religious extremism, at least amongst my colleagues that are also changing their party affiliation. A lot of the hate is now coming from the left as they feel increasingly powerless after 80+ years of congressional and judicial dominance.

The political protests, and anti Americanism will not reverse these trends. These people will vote for Democrats or Nader under every circumstance. However, the crucial swing voters that determine elections are strongly in favor of this action and will not forgot the actions of a minority group that is attempting to undermine and minimize US foreign policy. Beyond that, the media is no longer a leftist entity and as news sources diversify and represent more of mainstream opinion the Republican party will only grow.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palatka Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Granted, everyone is entitled to his or her beliefs when it comes to the current situation. Our right to question how our government is operating should never be curtailed, unless it poses a direct security threat or involves enemy collusion.

With that being said, the extreme left in the country is slowly eroding what is left of the Democratic Party. As a former liberal that will vote for Republicans candidates in the next election, I see more defections to the right of center. It took the South over 100 years to realign to the right after Newt’s political coupe in 1994. The Bible belt Republicans that Nixon talked about in the 1970’s is real and was a decisive part of the Republican congressional takeover and the defeat of Gore.

The current animosities, racial charged policies of the New Left are creating another political realignment that may surpass the Republican revolution of 1994. People such as myself that believed in the idealism of the left are starting to see the reality of Republican principles that are based on logic, goodwill and a desire to reward success over failure. The realignment of moderate voters to the right is happening as we speak. The Republicans are no longer being seen as the party of hate and religious extremism, at least amongst my colleagues that are also changing their party affiliation. A lot of the hate is now coming from the left as they feel increasingly powerless after 80+ years of congressional and judicial dominance.

The political protests, and anti Americanism will not reverse these trends. These people will vote for Democrats or Nader under every circumstance. However, the crucial swing voters that determine elections are strongly in favor of this action and will not forgot the actions of a minority group that is attempting to undermine and minimize US foreign policy. Beyond that, the media is no longer a leftist entity and as news sources diversify and represent more of mainstream opinion the Republican party will only grow.
    :hail:
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rehoboth Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Sick of Liberals..

Don't expect logic to work on bleeding heart liberals. While they pretend to
    care about the plight of the oppressed, their true motivation is the
    destruction of the capitalist system. They despise America for being a
    successful, wealthy country and would rather support totalitarian failure
    and terrorism over democracy and prosperity.Liberals and these so called
    peace lovers have no problem with the death of thousands of Iraqis by
    Hussein and his henchmen. They have no problem when a suicide bomber enters
    a bus and kills innocent women and children. They have no problem with
    Chinese communism. They have no problem with the Taliban, Al Queda detainees
    or any other "freedom fighter". They have no problem with the freedom
    fighter Castro who would jail them for saying anything that goes against the
    party line.

These Marxist liberals do have a problem with success. A problem with
    America, the last superpower that defended the world against Nazism and
    communism which has allowed them to spew their venom. They have a problem
    with the Israelis that are surrounded by fanatical Muslim fundamentalist and
    have been able to prosper and develop a multi tiered economy in the face of
    constant terrorism and fanaticism.

In short, these "protesters" and peace loving leftists would rather support
    failure and hatred over success and prosperity. In choosing to side with the
    oppressors of humanity and societies that have done nothing but fail, they
    have shown their true colors.
    Please define "liberal". if you mean Democrats, then say so. I think you'll find "liberals" in either party, tho.

DD...............................
    DD..................the #1 Delaware Dolfan !!!

Doing things you don't have to do today will help to determine where you'll be tomorrow when you can't do anything about it!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rehoboth Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by themole
    :hail:
    Where do you come up with all those smileys from? Ya gotta teach me all that stuff!! "D"D"D

DD..........................................
    Quote Quote