Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick of Liberals..

1. -21
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Re: Sick of Liberals..

Originally posted by DeDolfan
    Please define "liberal". if you mean Democrats, then say so. I think you'll find "liberals" in either party, tho.

DD...............................

Actually, while you could find conservative Democrats, and Moderate Republicans, I don't think I've ever even heard of a Republican that anyone but Pat Robertson would call "Liberal". At least not in the last 50 years.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Sick of Liberals..

Do you actually believe what you are writing?

Saying "Liberals and these so called peace lovers have no problem when a suicide bomber enters a bus and kills innocent women and children." ....That is just plain ridiculous and quite frankly, as a father of 2 children, and a veteran of the First Gulf War I am extremely offended by this comment.

And stating that liberals" Have no problem with the Taliban, Al Queda detainees or any other "freedom fighter" ". Is also ignorant and irresponsible, and just goes to show what kind of myopic BS you hear spewed on almost EVERY SINGLE talk radio show on the air. (liberal media my ass).

I am glad we are about to liberate Iraq, I'm very happy for the Iraqi people, and I completley support the troops. However, I think Bush's foreign policy sucks. Does that make me a communist, does that mean that I should leave my country because I expressed my opinion? I'll bet you would like me to because its fine to have an opinion as long as it is the same as yours right? Otherwise its unpatriotic and anti-american right?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ummm, get off your soapbox. I wrote this earilier today:

"Sorry if I offended any level headed liberals in this forum. I was talking about the far left wing of the party, the type of people that marched in San Fran promoting communism and comparing Bush to Hitler."

Then you spew off this stupidity:

I'll bet you would like me to because its fine to have an opinion as long as it is the same as yours right? Otherwise its unpatriotic and anti-american right?

I guess you didn't read my other post which stated:

"Granted, everyone is entitled to his or her beliefs when it comes to the current situation. Our right to question how our government is operating should never be curtailed, unless it poses a direct security threat or involves enemy collusion"

Settle down and ingest a chill pill, I am not going to report you to grandmaster ashcroft
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You sarted this thread on your ANTI-LIBERAL SOAP BOX by accusing and mischaracterizing liberals as condoning MASS MURDER... and then you tell me to take a chill pill when I point out the offensiveness of the post.

Lets revisit:
    You stated: "Liberals and these so called peace lovers have no problem when a suicide bomber enters a bus and kills innocent women and children."

But then in later posts you say you don't mean to offend anyone writing, "Im sorry if I offended any level headed liberals in this forum. "

I guess by the same token I could say "The thing that bugs me about these (insert offensive adjective here) republicans are that they are all money hungry war mongers that would rather shoot someone than shake their hands, and care more for oil than human lives"... Now I know this is not true, and if I was a republican I would find that statement insulting... but I guess its ok if after words I say "Oh, sorry if I offended any Level Headed republicans, I meant the far right wing"...

Nice backpeddaling... You said "liberals", if you meant to say the "far left liberals", then say it. Even still, I doubt even the most FAR left liberals are "Pro-Child Suicide Bombing" Thats just ridiculous.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Again settle down. I did state that I meant the radical element of the left in an earlier post. If you wish to continue arguing about the same thing over and over again thats OK, liberals typically like to whine and complain over and over again without making any valid points
    Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by 13isgr81
    You sarted this thread on your ANTI-LIBERAL SOAP BOX by accusing and mischaracterizing liberals as condoning MASS MURDER... and then you tell me to take a chill pill when I point out the offensiveness of the post.

Lets revisit:
    You stated: "Liberals and these so called peace lovers have no problem when a suicide bomber enters a bus and kills innocent women and children."

But then in later posts you say you don't mean to offend anyone writing, "Im sorry if I offended any level headed liberals in this forum. "

I guess by the same token I could say "The thing that bugs me about these (insert offensive adjective here) republicans are that they are all money hungry war mongers that would rather shoot someone than shake their hands, and care more for oil than human lives"... Now I know this is not true, and if I was a republican I would find that statement insulting... but I guess its ok if after words I say "Oh, sorry if I offended any Level Headed republicans, I meant the far right wing"...

Nice backpeddaling... You said "liberals", if you meant to say the "far left liberals", then say it. Even still, I doubt even the most FAR left liberals are "Pro-Child Suicide Bombing" Thats just ridiculous.

You must admit, the VAST majority of those who have spoken out against the war have portrayed our actions as "killing innocent Iraqi's", without any regard for the fact that MANY more Iraqi's are killed every year by Saddam than are likely to be killed in this war. It also seems to me that Bumrush apologized for including all Liberals rather than just the far left wacko's.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
    You must admit, the VAST majority of those who have spoken out against the war have portrayed our actions as "killing innocent Iraqi's", without any regard for the fact that MANY more Iraqi's are killed every year by Saddam than are likely to be killed in this war. It also seems to me that Bumrush apologized for including all Liberals rather than just the far left wacko's.
    No I don't admit that... Most liberals I know actually support the troops and are glad that we are only hitting government and military targets... Most liberals I know are against Bush's handling of the situation, not against the troops... Most liberals I know do believe Saddam is a horrible man... Most liberals I know are against "Child-Suicide Bombings"... Maybe most liberals you see on TV are that way but does that make it true...? You see 1/100,000 th of a demographic behaving one way and assume thats the way "They all act" or "they all think"....

Furthermore, I agree that far less Iraqi civilians will die because of our liberation of that country then if they had been left to overthrow Saddam (or not overthrow Saddam) themselves...

My point is, if someone is going to make insulting statements to large people segments of a population, dont' think that just because they say they "didn't mean to offend" the people they specifically named makes it all ok... Trent Lott learned this lesson the hard way...
    Last edited by Penthos; 03-24-2003 at 05:48 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palatka Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by DeDolfan
    Where do you come up with all those smileys from? Ya gotta teach me all that stuff!! "D"D"D

DD..........................................
    After you click on the quote button to reply to a post, you will find a little box with smilies in it. Just click on the smilie you want from this box. If you desire a larger selection...you can click on the "get more" at the bottom of the box. You should be good to go now

Quote Quote  

9. -29

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by 13isgr81
    No I don't admit that... Most liberals I know actually support the troops and are glad that we are only hitting government and military targets... Most liberals I know are against Bush's handling of the situation, not against the troops... Most liberals I know do believe Saddam is a horrible man... Most liberals I know are against "Child-Suicide Bombings"... Maybe most liberals you see on TV are that way but does that make it true...? You see 1/100,000 th of a demographic behaving one way and assume thats the way "They all act" or "they all think"....

Furthermore, I agree that far less Iraqi civilians will die because of our liberation of that country then if they had been left to overthrow Saddam (or not overthrow Saddam) themselves...

My point is, if someone is going to make insulting statements to large people segments of a population, dont' think that just because they say they "didn't mean to offend" the people they specifically named makes it all ok... Trent Lott learned this lesson the hard way...
    I specified "those who have spoken out". As such, I was referring to those Liberals in the public forum, not private individuals like yourself. The "On Air" Liberals don't represent the average liberal viewpoint any more than Rush Limbaugh represents the average Conservative. But just like Rush, those Liberal commentators portray a viewpoint that the public comes to associate with that group. It's their fault that you get lumped into "The liberal mindset" even when that mindset doesn't truly represent your viewpoint. It's like someone saying they're an environmentalist, and people automatically thinking of PETA or Greenpeace. The extremists are the ones who shout the loudest, so it's their viewpoints that come to represent the masses.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vacaville, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
    The extremists are the ones who shout the loudest, so it's their viewpoints that come to represent the masses.
    And THAT folks... Is why I'm a moderate.

Okay... I fess up, I'm member of the extreme moderate.
    My Nomination for dumbest statement of the year.
    Said regarding the 10 commandments statue.

"This isn't about religeon! This is about acknowleging the allmighty god!"
    ~Some moron on talk radio out here.
    Quote Quote