Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Millitary closing in on creating cloaking devices

1. -1
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Millitary closing in on creating cloaking devices

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but it does have to do with war.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12961080/?GT1=8199

Is it really the smartest move to release this kind of information to the public? Isn't this stuff classified information?
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    You sit on a throne of lies!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really don't see how this would be something you'd care about getting out. It's a cloaking device. If it works, I think you actually want people to know about it so they're paranoid.

I've got so many lawyers lined up to see me, you'd think I had tobacco leaking out of my breast implants.
    - Jimmy James
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pasadena, MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The media has zero interest in protecting classified information. If they did things like this wouldn't be all over the web.

http://www.textually.org/textually/a...terrorists.htm

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in543779.shtml
    Go down to the last 3 paragraphs on the 2nd link.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    wiley veteran bad spelur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well, it's probably common knowledge. Once it's out there it can't be uninvented. I found it ironic that the formula we used the predict and create our own stealth technology came from an openly published theory by a Russian mathematician.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Catharpin, Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cnc66
    well, it's probably common knowledge. Once it's out there it can't be uninvented. I found it ironic that the formula we used the predict and create our own stealth technology came from an openly published theory by a Russian mathematician.
    Granted, but this is the WHOLE arguement about the press and their involvement of leaking stuff that jeporadizes our families, our troops and our nation. All they really care about is having the biggest story for the front page!!! It increases sales of the paper and gets them a raise!!! However, the other side of the coin, one or more of our military die because of the information being made public...

The First Amendmant is bein abused by the media!!! When they print or divulge information that puts another life in harms way, They are guilty of being an accomplice of that endangerment or loss of life!!! What the hell is so had to understand about that? When are they going to be held responsible for that!?

Props to In Flames for the SICK SIG!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How does this one jeopardize anybody? It says cloaking devices may be coming.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    you are the nail

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    on shadowfax
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James
    How does this one jeopardize anybody? It says cloaking devices may be coming.
    i agree. the fear factor is worth it. this is similar to 'star wars' in my view. even if cloaking devices are more feasible, the notion that we would have an unstoppable weapon sends a serious message.

btw, i think this press release is in reponse to a recent story where china said that the have figured out the stealth technology for the...raptor i believe
    special thanks to in flames for the avatar and sig

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nice story. very interesting stuff. i knew about the radar cloaking but didnt know they were advancing on visibility cloaking. i think this is a private or semi private firm and there are commercial applications (like getting water views with objects in the way). It sounds like they are the ones breaking the story for PR purposes
    Better than Chris Long and Vernon Gholston
    PHILLIP MERLING
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard
    i agree. the fear factor is worth it. this is similar to 'star wars' in my view. even if cloaking devices are more feasible, the notion that we would have an unstoppable weapon sends a serious message.

btw, i think this press release is in reponse to a recent story where china said that the have figured out the stealth technology for the...raptor i believe
    I don't even mean the intimidation factor, though I do obviously agree with you there. Nobody out there (according to this article) has this now, so it's not like this has ruined some sort of pilot program or revealed to the bad guys what they need to do to stop a currently in use but flawed technology.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    you are the nail

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    on shadowfax
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James
    I don't even mean the intimidation factor, though I do obviously agree with you there. Nobody out there (according to this article) has this now, so it's not like this has ruined some sort of pilot program or revealed to the bad guys what they need to do to stop a currently in use but flawed technology.
    yeah. it would be a totally different thing if it revealed that it was in use and named a specific bombing campaign
    Quote Quote