Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Dem vying to replace Cunningham tells Latinos: "You don't need papers for voting.”

1. -1
    just a little cattywampus

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charleston, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dem vying to replace Cunningham tells Latinos: "You don't need papers for voting.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/p...1mi3busby.html

"If an election can turn on a sentence, this could be the one: “You don't need papers for voting.”

On Thursday night, Francine Busby, the Democratic candidate for the 50th Congressional District, was speaking before a largely Latino crowd in Escondido when she uttered those words. She said yesterday she simply misspoke.

But someone taped it and a recording began circulating yesterday. After she made that statement at the meeting, Busby immediately said: “You don't need to be a registered voter to help (the campaign).”

She said that subsequent statement was to clarify what she meant.

The recording, which was played yesterday on Roger Hedgecock's radio talk show, jolted the campaign."

ouch... all the more ironic that her statement encourages illegals voting since she is vying for disgraced Repub Duke Cunningham's seat in what the article reports is a tight race.
    (William H. Bonney, aka Billy the Kid): If a man has 3 or 4 pals, well, then he's got himself a tribe. And there ain't nothing stronger than that.

Rest In Peace Scott Knight, 1968-2007... Pals.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hmm is Karl Rove running her campaign? He must be jealous if not.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    MoFinz
    Seems to me she misspoke. At worst, she was encouraging illegals to work on her campaign, which i find foolhardy, but definitely not a stoning offense in my book.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    just a little cattywampus

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charleston, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz
    Seems to me she misspoke. At worst, she was encouraging illegals to work on her campaign, which i find foolhardy, but definitely not a stoning offense in my book.
    her "clarification" seems more like damage control than correction of mis-speaking.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    MoFinz
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonPhan
    her "clarification" seems more like damage control than correction of mis-speaking.

I was taking her in the context she first spoke. I dunno, seems pretty petty and nitpicking to me
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    So Cal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just her subliminal slip that we all know is true, voter fraud runs rampant in the US.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I believe the clarification was what she meant.

Regardless, she's not going to win that district.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bilbray wins the special election. Looks like 4-5% victory at this point, with about 80% reporting. A bit closer than the 6% margin I expected.

That's why the +30 or +40 House projections are such garbage. Many of them are in districts like this, where the GOP has a huge edge in registration and natural partisanship. Those districts will be much closer than typical but reversing the outcome is another thing altogether.

Plus 15 is not out of the question but every time I hear a pundit talking double or triple that they might as well have the Monty Python theme song playing in the background.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Mad Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger
    Bilbray wins the special election. Looks like 4-5% victory at this point, with about 80% reporting. A bit closer than the 6% margin I expected.

That's why the +30 or +40 House projections are such garbage. Many of them are in districts like this, where the GOP has a huge edge in registration and natural partisanship. Those districts will be much closer than typical but reversing the outcome is another thing altogether.

Plus 15 is not out of the question but every time I hear a pundit talking double or triple that they might as well have the Monty Python theme song playing in the background.
    Excellent Post.

I think that you are right on here.

I think we will see some tighter races but not nearly the number of incumbent losses that some are saying..
    Free Tibet

Quote Quote